Manpower PLANNING ?

TheRustyScupper

Everyone Is Responsible For Everyone.
1) Disney has an internal site to signj up for locations that need manpower.
2) Example: An available shift at parades.
3) I heard a rumor today, and went to the internal site.
. . . there are 49 PAGES of open shifts people can take
. . . there are pages-after-pages for Pandora
4) It appears to be either
. . . poor manpower planning for Pandora needs, or
. . . people, after training, don't want to work shifts there
5) Since I am not involved with Pandora manning and have no opinion, I let the reader draw their on conclusions.

5) Since I am not involved with Pandora manning and have no opinion, I let the reader draw their on conclusions.

Is that normal? You'd think a new land would be a attractive area to work in....or is it because they think its going to be absolutely nuts when it opens?

Been here incentives 5/23; was told Disney was looking to increase staffing to 75,000 by the time Star Wars opens. How is that for rumor?

You know, understaffed or not-- they did an amazing job managing the ques and keeping the open spaces open....

When I did my intern there , the book was always loaded with undesirable shifts and places , and yep wdw is not good with gloving those FT employees OT, they just pass those hours to CP.

Since Disney is not paying OT, I would think that this would be best solved by having managers complete employee schedules to fill those shifts. If you don't have enough employees to accomplish that without OT, you hire. It is easy to underestimate the required manpower for a project as large as Pandora, but attempting to correct that mistake by asking for employees to take bad shifts without the possibility of OT compensation is not the answer. If you want employees to disrupt their lives for you, you have to offer something in return. Otherwise, hire people for the shifts.

Not sure where the last poster got that Disney doesn't pay OT. I'm at about 13 hours of time and a half this week, some scheduled (more than 8 hours per day) and som extra hours.

To one other post earlier that said you had to get a manager approval for OT, none of mine for this week or next week had to have manager overrides.

Last edited:
Not sure where the last poster got that Disney doesn't pay OT. I'm at about 13 hours of time and a half this week, some scheduled (more than 8 hours per day) and som extra hours.

To one other post earlier that said you had to get a manager approval for OT, none of mine for this week or next week had to have manager overrides.
Read up-thread - I got it from a CM who posted in the thread.

Read up-thread - I got it from a CM who posted in the thread.

I've be n working here for 8 years and with one exception (took a persons long shift on the 4th of July when she had an emergency) and that was the only time a manager had to do an override. Not sure what the OP's "axe to grind" is, as OT is available regularly. Just because it can come on the Extra Hours board is not a sign of bad manpower planning.

No more from me, as I think this is a useless thread on a public forum. If the OP has a beef with WDW management, take it to his / her leader.

I've be n working here for 8 years and with one exception (took a persons long shift on the 4th of July when she had an emergency) and that was the only time a manager had to do an override.
Thanks for the clarification. I have never been a CM.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter