Marathon Children's Race & Transportation Questions

dozermusic

Mouseketeer
My sister in law is running the marathon in April with her son.
For Saturday, it says the child race is 1030-1230 and she is landing around 800AM.
How do they assign what time the children run? I'm hoping she won't miss it. The plan is to get on a DME asap and go to All Star Sports. From what I read there should be a bus available there to take her to ESPN?
After that race, can they take a bus from ESPN direct to a park or it has to stop at a resort first?
When she runs Sunday, will we be able to go direct to Magic Kingdom from the finish line, or you have to go to a hotel first?

Thank you.

It depends on what distance the child is running. Usually the children mile is always last so that would start at 12:30PM. This stuff is all spelled out in the event guide for the race weekend.

I am not sure your sister in law will have enough time to get her child to a race. You would have to pick up the childs bib that day as well before the race.

There are buses from all of the resorts to the expo at ESPN. There are NO buses from ESPN to the parks.

After the finish there are no buses to the parks. If the course is the same as last year the finish is at Epcot so you could walk into Epcot. Although I would think she would want to go back and change and shower rather than spending the entire day in race clothes.

I really think that is too tight...so many things can go wrong; flight delays, long lines, etc. At worst, they will miss his race, but even at best, I think it will be stressful, hurried, and exhausting to get him there on time. With a flight landing at 8 am, I'm guessing he will be waking up really early just to catch the flight, and will already be tired.

Is there any way she can reschedule the flight and come in the day before instead?

The run her child is doing should be spelled out in confirmation email, so she should be able
to figure out when his run is.

If it’s earlier she might not make it at all, and will definitely need to take Uber directly to wwos/ESPN. He’ll need to be ready to run. And you’ll likely need to pick up his packet. Not sure what to do with carryons.

I’d try to change the flight.

I would never land at a destination race on the day I'm supposed to run. Even if it is a night race get there the day before.

We just did the kids races at princess weekend. They had the 100M dash from 10:30-11:30. The kids could show up anytime during the hour and run. The kids are not assigned to a particular wave or anything. You just get in line and they run. The 200M dash was from 11:30-12:30. They had the kids who were running without a parent go first in waves and then kids with a parent. Hope that helps!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!