Marathon Weekend 2018

Big Thunder for me!
First ride I do. Last ride I do. Love it. (even thought I love DL version better than WDW).

Hope to set a PR on the next trip. 5 times in one day is my current standard for WDW. 11 times at DLand, but that was using MaxPass. Walk up, scan, make new FP for BTRR on phone for immediately, ride, repeat. LOL

Always Splash for me! When I went to Disney as a kid, it was the one ride we always did over and over until we got a good picture, and then we bought that picture to remember our vacation. Still love doing it, especially when my mom gets to come on a trip with us :D

As always Sundays are for Disney. I hope everyone had a great week. I started mine off today with a 10K PR!

Today's question:

Which of the Disney "mountain" rides is your favorite? (Big Thunder, Splash, Space)

My answer: Big Thunder Mountain Railroad, I have always loved this attraction. Since I could first ride it I have to do it at least once ever trip.

Congratulations on the PR! I've always liked Big Thunder Mountain Railroad as well.

Today's question:

Which of the Disney "mountain" rides is your favorite? (Big Thunder, Splash, Space)

Splash!! It has it all: catchy theme song, animatronics, jumping fountains, dancing chickens, thrilling drops, long ride time, and a great view of the park day or night.

However, Everest is really the mountain that holds a special place in my heart... it opened when I lived in Florida and I got to go to the AP preview. That weekend trip --- to be one of the first guests to ride a brand-new Everest --- ranks as one of my best Disney memories of all time! (Plus the yeti was fully functional back then... hopefully someday he'll return to his original, arm-swinging glory!)

It might be old and ricketty but I have to put Space mtn at the top of the three MK mtns,I mean a ride you ride in near darkness is very unique and as much as I hear people say the DL version is better I hope our version always stays the same.Big Thunder is also an awesome ride,I think riding that ride at night is one of the better experiences at WDW.Overall I'm going to go with TOT as my overall favorite at WDW with Flight of Passage in second place,simulators tend to not have the same staying power as other rides but this one is simply the best,most immersive one ever,so time will tell if in 5 years I still feel its as amazing as it is today,I'm up to 6 rides on it,only using FP once,of the 5 other rides I waited around 2 hrs four times and 1 hr once,9 hours in line for it so far.

Questions for everyone. I posed this question on the WISH board, but I guess that is a ghost town now. I've got a house in Champions Gate and I'll be staying there Marathon Weekend. Can someone give me some advice on the best routes to take coming into WDW each day for the races. I'm doing Dopey so I'll have to do it 4 times, and I'd prefer to make that part of my day less stressful. :) Secondly, what time should I plan to arrive? Every time I've done Run Disney races in the past, I've stayed on property so it was easier to get there. Normally, it takes me about 15 minutes to get to the Epcot parking lot when we're just going to the parks, but there's more traffic during that time, but all roads are open. I would love to sleep as long as possible each day so these two questions answered will hopefully help with that! Thanks!!!!

I have done this a few times at WDW. Just be prepared - it is a lot harder for me to run a 6:30 marathon than a 4:30-5:00 marathon. Seems counterintuitive, but the slower pace and being on your feet for 2 more hours really takes a toll.
Yes, there have been a few times that I have shown up early for a later corral and by the time our corral started, I was stiff.... and yes I warm up and all that... its just standing around trying to stay warm while you are standing with a few hundred others LOL... though at princess due to the construction I ended up having to jump in a corral bc I was so late and missed my corral start....

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter