Product suggestions please! I typically wear race bibs on my leg to avoid having to move it when shedding layers but it it seems like that's a no-no for Disney events? Anyone have suggestions for bib clips that will make it easier to move the bib from jacket to shirt as it warms up? Thanks!

I always run with my bib attached to the front of my shorts and have done so for several Disney races.

Product suggestions please! I typically wear race bibs on my leg to avoid having to move it when shedding layers but it it seems like that's a no-no for Disney events? Anyone have suggestions for bib clips that will make it easier to move the bib from jacket to shirt as it warms up? Thanks!

For yet more anecdotal evidence from leg bib wearers, I’ve also worn mine on my leg attached to ties on a fuel belt. I’m pretty sure you can wear it wherever you want as long as you can produce it when you’re getting to your corral and depending on how concerned with race pictures you are.

I think I may have had a slightly lower number of pictures since switching to my leg as it seems a little easier for bibs to get obstructed in congested parts of the course; but there also could have been other factors at play (fewer photographers, hitting photo ops at memory card switches or photographer breaks, my own poor positioning because I was a little apathetic about pictures, etc.). The difference certainly wasn’t great enough to be attributable to one thing.

No I wouldn’t call it normal. It’s just this weekend isn’t selling at all. Numbers are way down.
But this is a statement that I don't think one can really say unless they have the numbers from the selling side. Races are open, yes, but that doesn't mean it isn't selling at all. I'm pretty sure people have bought bibs and I won't be running alone or with just a 100 other people race weekend, so that would mean it is selling, just not out.

I noticed they fixed the one select/unselect map to show Studios with only the short portion like it's been and to match the other map. (So, no extra Studios which makes sense)

But this is a statement that I don't think one can really say unless they have the numbers from the selling side. Races are open, yes, but that doesn't mean it isn't selling at all. I'm pretty sure people have bought bibs and I won't be running alone or with just a 100 other people race weekend, so that would mean it is selling, just not out.

I’m interested to see what things look like for the weekend. I can’t tell from these price drops if rD is panicked because they’ve only sold 15-16k (or less) bibs for races they had pegged for 20k+ or if they’d do the same price reductions for the last few hundred bibs when they weren’t technically sold out.

If this weekend truly is falling well short of their expected sales numbers it will be interesting to see how Disney reacts. I fear knee-jerk cost cutting would take priority over thoughtful evaluation of how to make rD weekends more attractive to runners.

Tempting.....

For those who have done the 5k in the past, what time were you back at your room? My one hesitation is it delaying our start to the day (heading to MK that day)....

DW and I ran Dopey last year, and I think we were in corral C for the 5K.
We were able to get back to BCV, shower and be at MK right right as the park opened. I will add that we did take a Minnie Van to avoid having to wait around for a bus. Figure even if you took a bus you would be looking at getting to MK no later than 10 if you were able to get back to your resort quickly.

But this is a statement that I don't think one can really say unless they have the numbers from the selling side. Races are open, yes, but that doesn't mean it isn't selling at all.
I agree with this. Outside of the perceived firesale of bibs, are any of the statements indicating a downturn based on knowledge of real sales numbers? I think the discounts are indicating the numbers are down but I am curious by how much?

Now just need corrals as my husband’s bib number is way lower than I expected (30400s) but he is doing Goofy so maybe the corral cutoffs are different

If the bib ranges are the same, there are significantly less. My sister’s bib is 39XX for the full and will most likely be in F.

I’m interested to see what things look like for the weekend. I can’t tell from these price drops if rD is panicked because they’ve only sold 15-16k (or less) bibs for races they had pegged for 20k+ or if they’d do the same price reductions for the last few hundred bibs when they weren’t technically sold out.

If this weekend truly is falling well short of their expected sales numbers it will be interesting to see how Disney reacts. I fear knee-jerk cost cutting would take priority over thoughtful evaluation of how to make rD weekends more attractive to runners.

If you go to the RunDisney site the races are still selling at their original prices. As I understand it, the fire sales we have been seeing are from TAs who requested more bibs than they were able to sell. Now they are desperate to get whatever they can so they don't end up eating the entire cost of the bibs. I would hesitate to draw too many conclusions from TA sales, especially given the additional restrictions they've been operating under. RunDisney maintaining their normal cost structure suggests to me that they are at least content with the volume of sales for the race weekend since they haven't done anything to try to generate significant numbers of extra sales.

Corrals seem to be similar - my bib number puts me in B and that's what I assumed based on the 10k POT I submitted.

I noticed they fixed the one select/unselect map to show Studios with only the short portion like it's been and to match the other map. (So, no extra Studios which makes sense)
When charities and TAs are looking to literally dump bibs there is an issue. This is a down year for marathon weekend.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter