More embarrassing admissions... The bulk of time spent on my treadmill is spent playing solitaire on my iPad! Weird, I know...but it doesn't take to much thinking (or agility), just enough to distract me from how many miles I'm running.
I'm reporting back. It is official...I can't play games while running on the treadmill. Heck....I even have a hard time changing channels with the remote.

Good morning, runDisney all-stars!

Spring starts on Tuesday and I'm sure most of us - especially those of us in the northern states - are happy to put winter behind us. Personally, I'm excited that most of my runs for the next few months should be at temperatures above freezing and that I won't be contending with icy sidewalks.

With the season change in mind, this Sundays are for Disney question is what season, time of year or holiday is your favorite time to visit Disney World? Alternatively, which season, time of year or holiday would you most like to visit Disney World?

We've visited in January, February and April. Those are all fine times to go, but early December is at the top of my bucket list for Disney visits. I want to go when it's not too crowded, but when the parks are fully decorated for the holidays.

My next top time would be in the fall, so I could see the parks decorated for Halloween.

Have a good week everyone!
I am lucky enough to have visited WDW in January, March, April, June, October, November, and December in the past 10 years. I love to see the different seasons and their decorations and special events. Christmas is my favorite, as long as it is not during the “shuffle because you cannot walk” crowds. I love the EPCOT festival of the holidays to see celebrations around the world, but I miss the Osborne lights. Happily, not only are the parks decked out, the resorts are too. And when crowds are unbearable, I can go see a chocolate carousel!

Good morning, runDisney all-stars!

With the season change in mind, this Sundays are for Disney question is what season, time of year or holiday is your favorite time to visit Disney World? Alternatively, which season, time of year or holiday would you most like to visit Disney World?

We've visited in January, February and April. Those are all fine times to go, but early December is at the top of my bucket list for Disney visits. I want to go when it's not too crowded, but when the parks are fully decorated for the holidays.

My next top time would be in the fall, so I could see the parks decorated for Halloween.

Have a good week everyone!
We have visited in all months except for May, June and July. Most visits have been in August due to school schedules followed by November. October and November are my favorites. Love the holiday decorations...both Halloween and Christmas and of course...Wine and Dine!

ATTQOTD: September is my favorite, followed by February. September because it’s my birthday month, lower crowds because the heat scares people away, and there are less events going on. February for the cooler weather, a (used to be) very low crowd time, and again few events. I like visiting the Epcot festivals and going during holiday times but so does everyone else and that attracts more people.

I really enjoy going in the “cooler” temperatures- both February and early November were great for that!
We went to DLR right before Thanksgiving this past November and I loved all of the Christmas theming and decorations! I’d love to visit WDW around Christmas, but the crowds terrify me.

I have visited WDW in September, October, and November. By far my favorite time of year to visit is October! The weather is great, I love seeing the Halloween decorations, and I'm nothing short of obsessed with the Epcot Food & Wine Festival!

I would like to try visiting in the spring, during Flower & Garden. 2019 will be my first time visiting in January for Marathon weekend and I'm really looking forward to it!

We’ve been at least once in every month. I think I depends on the park!

April for Epcot Flower and Garden (also cause this is Dark Side Half)
LOVE Magic Kingdom in the Fall! But I’m a sucker for fall decor.
Animal Kingdom to me is best in Spring and Fall months, mainly because I think more animals come out then.
And honestly, once Galaxy’s Edge opens, HS will be awesome anytime!

Basically, just don’t put me Orlando in the summer months!

I'm a local so I've been to everything LOL! Christmas is my favorite holiday so I enjoy that the most. Each park has different decorations and I love them all, but Main Street USA is just plain awesome. I get the warm and fuzzies everytime I see it decked out for Christmas.

SAFDQ:
I enjoy visiting Halloween through the first week of November. I love MK halloween/fall decor and then waking up to Christmas with warm weather and less humidity. That said I’ve been there during record highs and lows and it beats being home!!

Sundays are for Disney:

I really enjoyed my visit last mid-September. It was crazy hot, but I'd rather overcome weather than massive crowds. I had an amazing day hopping from rope drop at AK for Pandora and Everest, lunch touring the Food and Wine Fest at Epcot, and 3 PM-Midnight joining my sister's family at MNSSHP. Ideally I would have had a few more days and would have been able to spread that stuff out (and tried a lot more food at Epcot), but it was really cool doing it all in one day since that's what my schedule allowed.

We’ve been in January several times because of marathon weekend. Once in November, once in March (spring break) and once in July. Headed back this year in July. I’d like to go in October to see all the Halloween decor and do the Halloween party. I’d say marathon in January's still my favorite even though the last two years have had cold weather and heavy crowds. Hoping next year is better!

Hoping our family of 4 (DH, DS16, DD14, and me) and possibly one of DD's friends will make it to our first Disney race next Jan. I've reserved two nights at the Poly with our DVC points. Now I need registration and airlines to cooperate!

I see there may be early registration for DVC members. Any idea when we can expect that to open? And could we also register DD's friend? I won't be running, so we'd need 4 registered for the Half Marathon.

As far as race times, DH and DS regularly run 5Ks but it looks like they need to do a 10K before Oct to submit times. DD would be ok with just being in the last corral, but DS runs for our high school and is fast! I assume this is a strict requirement? Any fast runners ever been in the last corral?

Hoping our family of 4 (DH, DS16, DD14, and me) and possibly one of DD's friends will make it to our first Disney race next Jan. I've reserved two nights at the Poly with our DVC points. Now I need registration and airlines to cooperate!

I see there may be early registration for DVC members. Any idea when we can expect that to open? And could we also register DD's friend? I won't be running, so we'd need 4 registered for the Half Marathon.

As far as race times, DH and DS regularly run 5Ks but it looks like they need to do a 10K before Oct to submit times. DD would be ok with just being in the last corral, but DS runs for our high school and is fast! I assume this is a strict requirement? Any fast runners ever been in the last corral?
I'll take a stab at this. Early registration for DVC members opened on 2/9 last year and regular registration was 2/14. Assuming the same criteria, you should expect DVC registration to open 4/12 with regular open registration being 4/17. Just note that there were some delays/issues with the Wine and Dine registration this year so all dates could be subject to similar issues or delays.

All participants will need an account set up on Active.com which is the site you will be redirected to when registering. I'm almost certain that you will be able to register DD's friend through your DVC access but even if you can't there should be no issue with registering the friend during regular open registration as the 1/2 marathon takes a while to sell out, if it sells out at all.

POT from a sanctioned race will be required if your DS wants to be placed in the appropriate corral for his time. The last corrals are very crowded and congested. It will be tough for a "fast" runner to get in to a comfortable race pace starting in the last corral, but it can be done. Just a lot of bobbing and weaving. The 1/2 course is generally tight with only a handful of miles that are wide open, thinking World Drive to and from MK with some pockets elsewhere.

Fire away if you have any other questions and good luck with the rest of the planning!

I've been every Month but December. My favorite is Spring and the flower and garden festival. I just love all the flowers and topiaries they put out. Temps aren't crazy hot yet either and it's a nice break from whatever my weather is doing at home.

They should do anything they could to submit a POT. They will be running with 20,000+ other runners. I just ran the Princess Half last month which is the same exact course for the WDW half. There were 7 corrals for all those people. Corral F was the biggest and had over 9,000 runners in it. This is not my picture, but this was the view from the bridge during mile 10 looking down at the road exiting the Magic Kingdom area. Those are the runners from the corrals F, G & H which were the last 3 corrals.

mob on world drive.png

SAFD: The only month I haven’t been is March! So I guess that would be when I would like to go. I do love Flower and Garden Festival, so it would work out well.

My absolute favorite time is October/November. Love Food and Wine Festival, Wine and Dine half, and the transition from fall to Christmas.

SAFD: When I was growing up, we would spend part of the summer visiting my grandmother in Clearwater, so my mom would take us to Disney for a day. Crazy crazy hot. So my favorite times to visit is anytime other than crazy crazy hot season.

SAFD: We have been to WDW at just about all times of the year. My favorite time is early to mid-May during the Flower and Garden Festival. The spring break crowds have died down and families are focused on ending the school year, so it’s usually not crowded. I also tend to prefer the artist lineup for the F&G show over the F&W artists and we’ve made trips based on seeing some of our favorites: The Orchestra, Little River Band and Guess Who. I’m still kicking myself for not going down to see Alan Parsons Project the one year they played the festival.

2nd choice is a toss up between the fall with MNSSHP and all the Halloween decor at MK and Christmas season (before Christmas). If they carried the Halloween decor and theming throughout WDW, that time would probably win out, especially with F&W going on, but it’s so limited. Christmas is a magical time with everything decorated and the Candlelight Processional, but we went between Christmas and New Year’s for one trip. Never, ever again. If you’re looking for a seasonal tour, the Yule Tour is fantastic, as well.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!