Marathon Weekend 2021

I can see them doing more of the more profitable virtual races as all they need to do is create a cool medal and people will eat it up.

They're especially profitable when they don't send the medals, FedEx showed a label created August 27. And it still only shows label created. NOTHING has shipped. :(

They're especially profitable when they don't send the medals, FedEx showed a label created August 27. And it still only shows label created. NOTHING has shipped. :(
It’s incredibly frustrating how they are handling the shipping the medals. FedEx showed my label was created 18 Aug. but was only picked up yesterday.

Ugh! Good to know there is hope though. Ridiculous it is taking so long!

I think it is mostly trying to ship medals during a pandemic. I'd bet whoever is creating the labels is doing it in a work from home situation and then they get sent to the staff at whevever the medals are and to have social distancing that is likely fewer people then would normally be doing it. Just another remnant of 2020.

Ugh! Good to know there is hope though. Ridiculous it is taking so long!

The medals aren’t even late yet. RunDisney has said from registration that they would be shipped out after the event ended on August 31 and to allow 30 days for receipt. The fact that they started mailing early doesn’t make them late now.

Just wanted to mention a new (to me) runDisney magic band was an option for my annual pass for an extra charge of course. Figured I’d let my Marathon Week fellows know!

Good morning, runDisney all-stars!

For this week’s Sundays are for Disney, what is your favorite season to visit Disney? Or, which season would you like to visit?

I’ve never been in the fall and would like to go to MNSSHP. My birthday is in October and it’s my youngest daughter’s half birthday. Before she gets too much older (she’s 6), I’d like to go down for a long weekend, just the two of us.

Have a safe and healthy week, everyone.

SAFD: It’s hard to really pick out a single favorite season, so I’ll give my top 3. :D

First up has to be Fall. MK all decked out in its autumn colors and pumpkin decor has to top the list. The weather is starting to cool off a bit and MNSSHP with its Boo To You parade and Hallowishes are fantastic! The Food & Wine Festival is also great.

After that, it’s hard to pick between Winter and Spring. The sheer amount and variety of Christmas decorations make that season the most visually spectacular. Extras like MVMCP and the Candlelight Processional just add to the ambience and appeal. Springtime brings the Flower & Garden Show along with the Garden Rocks concerts. I’ve made several trips down just to see the group performing on a given weekend.

Ultimately, summer is the one season that I don’t much care for. It’s just too hot and there aren’t any special events that appeal to me.

SAFD: We’ve been a couple of times for Thanksgiving, and it’s a great time to go. Eating at the Garden Grill was a perfect Thanksgiving dinner. You also get all the wonderful Christmas decorations to enjoy. Most of our visits have probably been when Christmas decorations were on display, and I love that.
DH always wanted to go when the Braves were there for spring training, and I wish we had done that one year before they left.

SAFD: This is tough! I would say any season other than summer :rotfl2:, but I guess if I had to pick one it would be fall. F&W at Epcot is great, crowds usually aren't bad, weather is usually good (warm enough for the pool but not so hot that you feel like you are melting), and I like the Halloween decorations at MK.

SAFD: Fall for sure. At one point our family had Thanksgiving dinner at Epcot in Germany for six or seven years in a row. And there were just enough Christmas decorations going up to get excited about the season. Now that the kids are grown and on their own, it's tougher to get everyone together at Disney that week.

For this week’s Sundays are for Disney, what is your favorite season to visit Disney? Or, which season would you like to visit?
My favorite season to visit WDW is fall. I love the Epcot Food & Wine Festival and the fall decorations at Magic Kingdom.

My favorite season to visit Disneyland is the holiday season. I love Haunted Mansion Holiday and all of the themed Christmas decorations in both parks (Main Street, New Orleans Square, Cars Land, even Toontown!)

I would like to visit WDW in Spring to see all of the flowers and topiaries at Epcot Flower and Garden.

SAFD: My favorite trip has always been the one I should be on right now. Flying down the week after Labor Day. Usually light crowds (kids are just back in school so it’s not a popular time to take them out for a vacation) and it’s early in the MNSSHP schedule so the crowds are light there as well. Food and Wine has become more expensive as the portions have grown smaller over the years, but it’s still a good time to visit Epcot.

Just like it’s always shorts season indoors, it’s always Disney season when I have a chance to be at WDW.

Good morning, runDisney all-stars!

SAFD: I like late fall/early winter - the tail end of F&W as it blends into the Christmas decorations. Crowds are usually not too bad, weather isn’t awful, and it’s our last chance to use our passes before the blackout crowd crush dates. Plus, Thanksgiving dinner at V&A is really fun.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!