Marathon Weekend 2021

My favorite time is from October through mid-December. I love the Halloween decorations and Christmas decorations in the parks. Resort hopping to see all of their Christmas decorations is great. And I love the Food & Wine Festival.

I'm a big fan of the EPCOT Festivals overall, and love the Flower & Garden Festival. I haven't been to Festival of the Arts yet.

SAFD: My favorite time would be around 1st week of December. Decorations are up, the Very Merry parties are going on (well not this year of course) and crowds are pretty low. With our kids being the age they are, we can't make it happen at this time any more unfortunately. Do love fall as well, but last few years when we have gone for our fall break, temps have been almost as high as summer.

SAFD: Anytime is right for Disney! July-August are tough, but they are doable for me if I get in the park early, take an afternoon break, and go back in the evening. Parks are usually open early and late then. I love the festivals! I’ve never been for Festival of the Arts with it being so soon after MW, but would like to go sometime.

We used to be a dedicated Christmas-time family. But then we found the marathon, and moved to then. The temps in Florida are cool enough that even the hottest days aren't too bad (except this year!), and prices for the resorts are a lot better than Christmas Week.

We tried Food and Wine weekend, and we liked it, but we love the end of the Christmas decorations a little more. We did go one July, oh goodness, never again!

SAFD: No offense to my beloved marathon weekend (which is also a good time to be at Disney!), but I love Princess Weekend time - some of the topiaries are already up for Flower and Garden festival, but before the spring crowds show up.
I used to love F&W Festival time, but I hear it's gotten more drunk since I was last there, so I don't know that I can call it a favorite.

SAFD: Our favorite time is end of November very early December. January fits in there quite well, too. We quite enjoyed early May one time and plan to do that again 2021.

We’ve done a July resort only trip and had a blast. The bulk of our time was in the pool! We’ve done September and we’re miserably hot.

SAFD: My favorite season has always been winter/around Christmas. Growing up we would go to DL every year after Thanksgiving. The week after it was pretty quiet in the park, but all the decorations would be up. I love the parks with all the decorations up! An additional bonus was the cooler weather.

I have gotten a taste of Christmas time at WDW but never the full thing since Marathon Weekend is the very tail end of decor. I’ve always wanted to go during that time of year. To see Epcot in its glory with festival of the holidays, storytellers, candlelight and then the party at MK. I would be in heaven. Christmas is far and away my favorite holiday. I enjoy Halloween at WDW but it’s not something I need to rush back too.

January of course normally has decent park touring weather. Marathon Weekend is my favorite event of any time of year too.

SAFD: I'm headed to WDW in 2 weeks to see MK all decked out in Halloween decor for the first time!! Then, I will have rounded out all 4 seasons. But, my favorite season that I have visited is definitely December/Christmastime. For me, there is nothing more magical than the Christmas decor, Mickey sweaters, and gingerbread.

Haven't posted in a long time here but I'm just jumping back in. I've been hoping and wishing MW happens not just for me but for everyone who has been training and for all who need something positive to look forward to!

SAFD: I've done all four seasons a few times. I'm torn between Christmas and Fall. I LOVE F&W, the Wine and Dine race was one of the best trips I've ever had w my teenage boys. But the Christmas atmosphere is so unlike any other time of the year, drinking a cocktail at Hurricane Hanna's in a bathing suit listening to Christmas music is surreal--especially being from the northeast!

SAFD: We had a trip that went from Halloween into Christmas and that was fun but still it was a hot week. I'd pick that as my fave so far because of parties, food n wine and park hours. I'd say our marathon weekend trips have been nice with weather but haven't yet done more than a long weekend during that time. And sometimes too cold to swim at the hotel.

I know it's not the question, but I'd love to go during the festival of the arts of flower and garden sometime.

I know it's not the question, but I'd love to go during the festival of the arts of flower and garden sometime.
I went to EP for a day of Festival of the Arts this year for the first time - it was great! I'd absolutely do that again. F&G has lost its luster for me since it morphed into F&W Lite. I loved the early years when F&G was all about sustainability, neato new horticultural methods, etc. - the focus seems to have shifted.

For this week’s Sundays are for Disney, what is your favorite season to visit Disney? Or, which season would you like to visit?

I mean... any season is the right time to visit! Just kidding, the summer is WAY too hot! I've been in June and August and it's brutal.

Out of spring or fall... I love fall everything so that's the perfect time for me. The weather is more like to be comfortable and fall decorations are the best thing to ever happen. I also did MNSSHP when I was 8 and it was a great time. I'd love to do food and wine.

Lately, I've been going in the late winter/early spring because of Princess weekend/school vacations and I liked the Festival of the Arts. So I certainly would go then, too.

The one season I have NOT done and would want to do is early winter a.k.a. Christmas because I've never been at that time!

Good morning, runDisney all-stars!

For this week’s Sundays are for Disney, what is your favorite season to visit Disney? Or, which season would you like to visit?

I’ve never been in the fall and would like to go to MNSSHP. My birthday is in October and it’s my youngest daughter’s half birthday. Before she gets too much older (she’s 6), I’d like to go down for a long weekend, just the two of us.

Have a safe and healthy week, everyone.
SAFD: Having been in Winter, Spring, Summer and Fall (Winter and Summer when I was a lot younger and the weather did not bother me at all) I would say now I would prefer to go in the Fall as the weather is more contestant. Seeing Both the Halloween and Christmas decorations is excellent.

SAFD: Favorite time of year is probably winter and especially MW. We love the castle lights and less crowds the week after MW. Fall was OK for W&D but it felt hard to get into the spirit because it was hot for the night we did MVMCP. We did a May trip after the Keys100 race and did not find it too hot. CL at Beach Club probably helped. I would like to try an early December trip and a July 4th trip some time. They both seem like great options.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter