Marceline 2 Magic Kingdom Tour on 1st ever trip. Need help deciding date!

Leopardchucks

Riff Raff, Street Rat
Hey all!

This November will be my first ever trip to the World and I want to do it ALL! I will be celebrating my birthday and I've decided to go all out and treat myself.

We have 12night/13 day stay with 10day PH+ already booked.

FPs are booked and I only have 2 ADRs...

Now, I am feeling a HUGE need to add a tour. I'm particularly drawn to the Marceline to Magic Kingdom tour for a couple reasons:

1) It's not that long. While I could probably gleefully sit for a 10 hour lecture on Walt Disney's toothpaste, my boyfriend does not share my obsessive fandom. So I'm thinking it would be a good choice for him to join me. Anyone can do 3 hours, right?

2) Haunted Mansion back of house. Like WHOA. I seriously think I might get emotional at this part. I know that the tour is subject to change, but man o man....that's a big freaking deal. I kinda need this experience in my life.

All that being said, I have a couple concerns.
THere are exactly 2 days on my trip that this tour is both available AND convenient to our already existing FPs/ADRs/plans. Those are our very first and very last days.
Will doing the tour as the VERY VERY first thing I ever do at Magic Kingdom on my very first day (11-8) somehow wash away some of that first-castle-glimpse magic? Or am I over-thinking this?

The very last day (11-18) is my birthday. We will probably be slightly hungover from Trader Sam's the night before (my b-day starts at midnight, ya know?:drinking:). Plus, we have the WHOLE day planned for MK...right up to our ADR's at CRT and fireworks/kiss goodnight. Will adding a tour be TOO much?

I'd really love to hear the thoughts from anyone who as already done this tour.

I'm certain I want to do it. Should it be the fabulous start? Or part of the wonderful ending?

Sounds like you're really well-prepared and have done lots of research for your trip but there is no feeling in the world like going into Magic Kingdom for the first time. Wandering up Main Street is just amazing, taking your time, seeing the castle and the anticipation of what's to come, so if you do do the tour on your first day, make sure you get into the park early enough to enjoy all that before it's time to start the tour.

we did that tour the first week of September and the haunted mansion part was really cool. But, idk if I would have spent the three hours doing it if I knew what the rest was like. I was kind of bored, but then I do have the attention span of a gnat, so.....

I thought it would be different from what it was, I wanted more information on how things were done. I felt it was more like what a great guy Walt was and how he inspired and believed in those around him. Don't get me wrong, that is awesome, but three hours of it and I couldn't wait for it to be over. No flames please!! ;);)

As someone who has been visiting Disney since age 7 and a recent AP, I finally just took my first tour in August (Keys to the Kingdom). I absolutely would not recommend doing a tour on the first day of your first visit - there's so much to discover and so much to see and do on your first Disney trip, I would be surprised if you even had time at all for a tour. I think going behind the scenes on Haunted Mansion or getting insider info on Carousel of Progress just wouldn't make sense if you haven't experienced the magic of these attractions beforehand. I'm sure once they've become "old favorites," that a tour would just take the magic to the next level, as you can really appreciate all the artistry and effects that go into everything. If you must do a tour, definitely save it for the last day. Or next trip! Hope you have a blast : )

I think going behind the scenes on Haunted Mansion or getting insider info on Carousel of Progress just wouldn't make sense if you haven't experienced the magic of these attractions beforehand. I'm sure once they've become "old favorites," that a tour would just take the magic to the next level, as you can really appreciate all the artistry and effects that go into everything.

I guess I should have expressed that this only my first trip to WDW. Lol
I’ve been to Disneyland dozens of times since birth (first trip at 18 days old! ).

I’m very familiar with the Haunted Mansion. My only memories of Carousel of Progress come from watching and rewatching the old TV specials as well as experiencing the super rad 80s incarnation: America Sings.

But I think y’all are right. I should probably save the tour for the end of my excursion.
I’ll just drink extra coffee and (after the tour) probably take a midday nap on that last day.

I did this tour in July on my departure day, and it was a really nice way to wrap up my vacation. The HM behind-the-scenes is absolutely incredible, so if you're a fan of the attraction, go for it! July was the second time I did Marceline to MK and both times were a little different. My tour guide this past time had a personal connection to Walt Disney so she had some extra magical stories to share with the group. I really think you'll have a great time!

Im a HUGE Haunted Mansion fan. I totally expect to cry during that segment of the tour. hahaha

So I would have to agree that I wouldn’t do a tour on my first time thru, wait until your next time (trust me, there will be more). But, if you really feel you must, Marceline is a great one. In fact I liked it just as much as Keys to the Kingdom. The haunted mansion part was WAY cool. I think I’d probably do it on the last day if first and last was the only options. First day is just so mind blowing to walk and take it all in, I can’t imagine doing it on my first time there plus the first day. Either way, have a great trip!

I totally understand what y'all are saying about not doing one on my first trip. But I do feel confident in having ample park experience (Sure..it's on the other coast, but hey!) will be of some significance. Like I'm not going into this without having ever seen a Disney park at all.
I KNOW I'm going to be soaking it all up like a big ol' glutton for magic.

However, I also know that such tours are not permanent offerings, so I really feel like I gotta pounce on this opportunity with the HM. Mansion and Splash are my two FAVE attractions ever! We are also touring for 10 days with hoppers (not including our MVMCP night), so I don't really feel I will be wasting precious time on something like this. I'm definitely gonna push it to the last day or possibly squish around some other activities to accommodate the tour at the end of our trip.

It's too cool not to see!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter