March 2020

KY_Minnie

Mousketeer
I’m super excited to be headed to WDW the second week of March. I have never been in March. We are doing the 4-park magic ticket with park days Monday-Thursday. Avoiding EMH parks and following a crowd calendar.

What are your rope-drop musts?

Any tips for visiting at this time?

We are going March 2-11th and have never been at that time either. I am curious as to how the weather will be! It has been in the 80's and now i see that the temps are in the high 60's...either way its better than when we went in June!

My rope drops depend entirely on the Fastpasses I have for that park that day! We try to use rope drop to get in the most popular attractions that we don't have Fastpasses for.

March is my favorite time of year to visit when it comes to weather! The mornings are a little chilly and the afternoons are incredibly pleasant. Still be on the look out for those occassional pop up storms, though!

It rained almost every day when I was there last March, but I didn't care. My lightweight rain jacket and Keen Whispers got me through (soggy socks=no)! I'd rather deal with rain and moderate temperatures rather than broiling heat!

Just know that it will probably be busy and go with realistic expectations. Don't expect to do "everything", but with a good plan you can still do a lot!

March is usually pretty good weather wise but it's Florida so who knows what can happen! Our experience in March has been cooler mornings and nights, warm afternoons (70s-80s), occasional afternoon showers. It's crowded but manageable. Definitely plan to rope drop the big attractions or get in line right before closing- we've had success doing both.

If you plan to do RotR at HS, make sure you know the process for getting a boarding group. Since you will only have one day there, you really need to be prepared for the process, or you will probably miss out on that ride.
Be aware that rope drop at HS is insane now. The lines for all of the big rides are a really long wait right away in the morning. If you feel you can't do open to close, I would recommend taking a break in the afternoon and coming back, as opposed to leaving the park a couple of hours before closing. The last couple of hours before closing the wait times drop quite a bit, so you might be able to get in some of the rides you missed out on earlier in the day, or do a second ride on something.

Have a great trip!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts