March Break Flights

Thanks Mel. Getting there.
P.S. - United is the next one to open flights for our dates as they are at Mar 6, but I have a feeling their flights are pricey.

Actually we're cruising out of Miami (Royal cruise). The plan is to return home afterwards, but it's a Sat to Sat cruise so we could leave Sun if it makes a difference flight-wise. Thanks...30 minute time change then isn't a big deal.
We cruised out of Miami 3 March breaks ago, great views of Miami as you sail out of the port! Stayed one night precruise at a Marriott near the airport took a shuttle to the port.

Just checked the WestJet calendar and it has changed again....................

Feb 19-25 is sold out--I've actually never seen that printed on their calendar before.

Hugs Mel
I have never seen a block of dates sold out like that! Even for March break there is usually some seats left at a crazy price. Strange

Must be a problem with the website as Miami, Fort Lauderdale, Orlando, Tampa are all showing sold out for the same dates. I think they are just messing with us!

WJ is up to Mar 1
United opened for the Friday before March break. Ouch. Not booking them.
Anyone flown American Airlines? Comparing other days with the other airlines, their cost is reasonable.

WJ is up to Mar 1
United opened for the Friday before March break. Ouch. Not booking them.
Anyone flown American Airlines? Comparing other days with the other airlines, their cost is reasonable.
Ya the calendar is still creeping for WJ but still with the sold out dates? Off topic were are you sailing to on your cruise?

I like both westjet and AC,but if i HAD to choose ,it would be AC.They have more flights and partners{united} than WJ in case something happens to your flight.two years ago westjet cancelled our return flight a week before we were to go on our trip to aruba.actually they just changed they're schedule and cut the thursday return.In fairness they put us up until the next flight which was on a saturday ,but If I really wanted to get back,i was out of luck.

Ya the calendar is still creeping for WJ but still with the sold out dates? Off topic were are you sailing to on your cruise?

Yeah, still shows as 'sold out'. Wonder why they are blocking off that week.
We're going on Royal's newest ship...Funny enough, it doesn't even matter to us where it going, but it's Western Caribbean.

I like both westjet and AC,but if i HAD to choose ,it would be AC.They have more flights and partners{united} than WJ in case something happens to your flight.two years ago westjet cancelled our return flight a week before we were to go on our trip to aruba.actually they just changed they're schedule and cut the thursday return.In fairness they put us up until the next flight which was on a saturday ,but If I really wanted to get back,i was out of luck.

Thanks. That's true...there is an advantage to having so many flights in a day. I know it's all supply and demand, but angers me how it's double the cost at holiday. Will see what WJ releases at...and also interested in seeing American Airlines, which should be out in a week.

Just this past March, we flew Westjet from NS to Orlando. Our flight on the way back was delayed a few times and then cancelled. We were treated very well by Westjet, even without us asking or complaining. I don't know many airlines that would have done so.

We're going on Royal's newest ship...Funny enough, it doesn't even matter to us where it going, but it's Western Caribbean.

We did a Western Caribbean this past Feb, Stops in Cozumel, Grand Cayman and Jamaica. Fun cruise. Glad to help with any questions!

We did a Western Caribbean this past Feb, Stops in Cozumel, Grand Cayman and Jamaica. Fun cruise. Glad to help with any questions!

Thanks. Our Western is actually a bit different...Cozumel, but then Roatan, Costa Maya and Nassau (will probably stay on the ship in Nassau - we were there last year..had a great day but want another sea day).

Sounds like a fun cruise! We liked Cozumel. The calendar moved up a day and the sold out dates in Feb are now not sold?

Just this past March, we flew Westjet from NS to Orlando. Our flight on the way back was delayed a few times and then cancelled. We were treated very well by Westjet, even without us asking or complaining. I don't know many airlines that would have done so.
I agree had much better customer service on WestJet.

Another way to save a few dollars is to book one way flights. This month we fly down with West Jet and home with Air Canada. Doing the same for a flight to Quebec City in October.

Another way to save a few dollars is to book one way flights. This month we fly down with West Jet and home with Air Canada. Doing the same for a flight to Quebec City in October.

Good to know. We're looking at buying each separately since we're looking at March break so want to buy tickets as soon as they come out. (i.e. so the way there will be out soon...but the return won't be out until 8 days later...at least for those airlines that release a new day each day)

Noticed that too. So far...they are releasing daily.
I'm also watching American Airlines closely as they seem to have good prices compared to other airlines.

Question...since it is March break (and the news always says the Friday is the busiest travel day of the year)...do other try and book the earliest flight of the day? Or the most convenient? Based on pattern, there will be a 6am flight and a 1pm flight by AA. Not sure if the airport is a total madhouse by say 8am and thus should avoid mid day (next option). But of course a 6am flight means getting up at 2:30am...and with kids. Ouch.

Noticed that too. So far...they are releasing daily.
I'm also watching American Airlines closely as they seem to have good prices compared to other airlines.

Question...since it is March break (and the news always says the Friday is the busiest travel day of the year)...do other try and book the earliest flight of the day? Or the most convenient? Based on pattern, there will be a 6am flight and a 1pm flight by AA. Not sure if the airport is a total madhouse by say 8am and thus should avoid mid day (next option). But of course a 6am flight means getting up at 2:30am...and with kids. Ouch.
The problem at Pearson can be at the US customs Hall, for a 6am flight there might be only a few agents working and that can cause a backlog. We have flown out at 8am and 930 and 10 am on Friday of the March break and in spite of all the predictions of massive lineups it went very smooth. The last March break we did it was one hour from curb at departures to our gate, I do get there early!

Oh didn't even think of that. If we end up booking with American Airlines they have a 6am and a 1pm. Which of those do you suggest? We do have nexus if it makes a difference.
You've been very helpful. Thank you.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter