March Check-In **Official** Thread (Start with Post #17)

Due to work, had to push our family vacation back a week. Arriving March 7, leaving March 13

Okay everyone, as of tomorrow, ALL March dates will be available to view under the Daily Events Schedule. Unless something very surprising happens, I think our March dates are safe from the Indy refurb schedule. So, help me decide what to do with Post #19. Should I leave Indy as a “monitor” in case Disney pulls a fast one on us? Remove it from Post #19 entirely since an operational Indy is the status quo? Or move it to Good News since it looks like we will be able to ride? 😍
Disney being Disney, I would keep it as a "monitor" -- you want people to be prepared mentally, just in case. It's no biggie if the best happens, but if the worst happens?... And you wouldn't want to jinx anything or anger the gods with all the celebratin' -- now, would you? ;)

Disney being Disney, I would keep it as a "monitor" -- you want people to be prepared mentally, just in case. It's no biggie if the best happens, but if the worst happens?... And you wouldn't want to jinx anything or anger the gods with all the celebratin' -- now, would you? ;)
Lol, no I would not! I’ll leave it at monitor :)

Unrelated, does anyone know whether Toon Town opens at 10 am regardless of when the park opens? Or does it open one hour after the park opens?

... Unrelated, does anyone know whether Toon Town opens at 10 am regardless of when the park opens? Or does it open one hour after the park opens?
It's been a while since we did TT opening, but I thought it was one hour after the park opens. On today's schedule, Minnie's House and Donald's Boat are scheduled to open at 9am and the park opens at 8 am.

Reactions: EmJ

Yes I did. Thing is, this new one doesn't start til the 28th of Feb, but my kid is so Cinderella-obsessed, they could feed us literal straw and ashes, and she'd still want to go :rotfl2:

If you’re talking about the Cinderella-themed Afternoon Tea at the DLH, I believe it started February 7th. Hubby and I had it booked on Valentine’s Day. Everything was delicious although I wasn’t a fan of the mocha chocolate chip scone (I’m a weirdo and hate coffee). Your Cinderella-obsessed child is going to love it! The treats are absolutely adorable and truly beautifully themed.

I’m Tangled-obsessed and was thrilled to see the tea will be themed to celebrate Tangled’s 10th anniversary starting in April! I typically don’t do it too often since it’s on the pricey side, but they got me with this one!

Heads up from today's "MP DLR Update":

…Though Disney's calendar seems to indicate the company expects the peak spring break crowds April 5–12, MousePlanet reader Amy, a self-described "Annual passholder forever and mother of Disney employees," tells us that Arizona schools observe spring break March 9–20, and warns they are some of the biggest crowds she's ever seen. Visitors from Utah also flock to the Disneyland Resort for spring break, and the Utah state board of education shows their schools will observe spring break anytime from March 9 through April 17.

More news (starting 3/06):
First Look: Ian & Barley from Disney and Pixar’s ‘Onward’ Coming to Disney California Adventure Park and Hong Kong Disneyland

The Afternoon Tea at Steakhouse 55 will be themed for "Cinderella" during March! (Starts Feb. 7 and ends Mar. 30)

OP: This might be information to add to the first page.

If you’re talking about the Cinderella-themed Afternoon Tea at the DLH, I believe it started February 7th. Hubby and I had it booked on Valentine’s Day. Everything was delicious although I wasn’t a fan of the mocha chocolate chip scone (I’m a weirdo and hate coffee). Your Cinderella-obsessed child is going to love it! The treats are absolutely adorable and truly beautifully themed.

I’m Tangled-obsessed and was thrilled to see the tea will be themed to celebrate Tangled’s 10th anniversary starting in April! I typically don’t do it too often since it’s on the pricey side, but they got me with this one!
Thanks. I must be thinking of something else that starts at the end of the month then... I wonder what it is? At any rate, I'm so glad we're going to enjoy the Tea. Should we spring for the premium you think - it'll be nearly a lunch by then for us and my hubby can always eat. Always. We've seen some photos and totally fell in love with the shoe.

Tangled would be awesome! I wonder if they'll theme it for October when I come back? I'd love to do a Haunted Mansion one (but that's too late for their anniversary).

Looking forward to our March trip. We go about once every 3 or 4 years, and as the kids get older, I think it is probably the last trip, and yet we return. This year I am having a birthday on the 21st.... that ends in a zero, so I decided to celebrate it in the happiest place on Earth. In tow? My DH and 2 grown kids.
This trip I'm going to do what brings me joy...ride my favorite rides, eat dinner at the Blue Bayou, and listen to my kids laugh (which doesn't happen as often now that they are adults.) I am also letting go of a few things: the need to make sure everyone is perfectly happy, the need to be in the parks open-to close, the need to get everyone a souvenir, and the need to hit every ride, and plan every meal. I'm going to take it at a slower pace, enjoy the GCH and its hot tubs, and count my blessings. Can't wait.

Heads up from today's "MP DLR Update":

…Though Disney's calendar seems to indicate the company expects the peak spring break crowds April 5–12, MousePlanet reader Amy, a self-described "Annual passholder forever and mother of Disney employees," tells us that Arizona schools observe spring break March 9–20, and warns they are some of the biggest crowds she's ever seen. Visitors from Utah also flock to the Disneyland Resort for spring break, and the Utah state board of education shows their schools will observe spring break anytime from March 9 through April 17.

More news (starting 3/06):
First Look: Ian & Barley from Disney and Pixar’s ‘Onward’ Coming to Disney California Adventure Park and Hong Kong Disneyland

The Afternoon Tea at Steakhouse 55 will be themed for "Cinderella" during March! (Starts Feb. 7 and ends Mar. 30)

OP: This might be information to add to the first page.
Thanks lucky! Everything and everyone has been added to this point.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter