March Trip reports

tltay2005

DIS Veteran
Since it is only a month away I thought I would start the March trip reports. Please join in with pre trip reports now and add your actual trip report when you arrive.

We will be there from March 27th - March 31st. Fast passes are made ( of course no Slinky Dog :sad2: but that's ok, I've ridden it, DH hasn't, maybe one day). We are not doing any dining plans, will mostly eat at the campsite with a few quick services meals while at the parks. Planning on faxing my loop (1600 or 1800) request in again as it has worked the past three times, twice with a site right on the canal :).

Gee, it feels like you just left .... :confused3
But at the same time it feels like forever :tongue:.

Our Disney Camper FB group is having it's Winter gathering this weekend. Really wanted to camp, but we just went to a state park last weekend, so couldn't get the hubby on board. We are going to drive over for the day and go over to MK while we are there.

March 18th through 28th for us, Premium site, golf cart, FP gods were good to us, (2) test track, (2) FOP, (1) Slinky Dog, and then all the normal ones. We also sprung for a Disney after hours event at AK, business was good to us this year.
Dining we have Boathouse (my favorite), La Hacienda, Frontiera Cucino, Raglan Road & HBD (DW's favorite)

We are celebrating our 30th wed anniversary and Bdays -- Me on 25th, DS's on 19th, DD's on 22nd, her 21'st, first "legal" drink will be at HS

We will be there March 15th-24th, driving down on the 14th and staying off park. Hoping to check in early on the 15th. We were really lucky and were able to get all the FPs we wanted. No dining plans, we kind of roll with it there. Usually go in the mornings and then hang at the campground midday and go back in the evenings.

Might take a day trip back over to Kennedy Space Center, we didn't see all we wanted to last time.

MBs should come tomorrow!!! I am working on gathering our clothes for the trip and checking off anything we "need" to have. We decided not to buy a bunch of stuff other than ponchos for hubs and I and the lanyards and glow sticks for the kids. Everything else we should have or don't need. We actually will be buying tickets last minute (like next weekend) so not sure how the FP will play out- I'll see what I can get and keep refreshing. We don't mind RD or staying late to ride stuff anyway.

The toddler DOES need an autograph book even though he is only 2. He has started drawing Mickey Mouse on our walls, so he'll know what to do with it ;)
IMG_0948.JPG

Last edited:
Question! Is it too early to do the "online check in?" We plan on taking first available on the site anyway, so should I put "first available in loop 1500" ?

Question! Is it too early to do the "online check in?" We plan on taking first available on the site anyway, so should I put "first available in loop 1500" ?

MB's shipping means you're about 30 days out from arrival.

You should have an early check-in option in your MDE account as a button on your resort reservation.

I don't think that you can add a comment that specific in the early check-in process but if not phone it in as a note on your reservation. You definitely want 1500 no matter how long you have to wait, IMO.

Bama Ed

We have already early checked in, you don't get the option of site selection, Like Bama Ed mentioned, we always call a couple weeks early and request a loop, then a week early we call and request a site number, we have gotten our requested site 50% of the time.

MB's shipping means you're about 30 days out from arrival.

You should have an early check-in option in your MDE account as a button on your resort reservation.

I don't think that you can add a comment that specific in the early check-in process but if not phone it in as a note on your reservation. You definitely want 1500 no matter how long you have to wait, IMO.

Bama Ed
! I'm gonna need you to tell my hubby that Ed haha. I guess we can ask for 1500 and then take first available in 1500 when we arrive? My hubs just wants to take the first one available.

We have already early checked in, you don't get the option of site selection, Like Bama Ed mentioned, we always call a couple weeks early and request a loop, then a week early we call and request a site number, we have gotten our requested site 50% of the time.
Ok- I'll check in and request our loop, then a site number. I have no idea which one to ask for though- I just don't want 1501 near the bus stop.

We are headed back to the Fort for only our second visit to WDW and FW ever! The first visit was in 2005 with 2 kids in tow. This time will be just the DW and I!! We'll be coming in on Friday March 8 through the 16th.

I have made some FP reservations and have a daily park plan set up. It's pretty loose based on FP rides and EMH days. Pretty much winging the rest. We're in our 50's so running around too much will not be happening! We're looking for a stress free time.

Golf cart is reserved. MB's are ordered.

We also don't care about dining and will be eating when/where we can in the park if we get lucky but most meals will be at the campsite.

We have a 10 hour ride so we'll be stopping midway @ a KOA somewhere in between.

Ready to get on the road!

We are headed back to the Fort for only our second visit to WDW and FW ever! The first visit was in 2005 with 2 kids in tow. This time will be just the DW and I!! We'll be coming in on Friday March 8 through the 16th.

I have made some FP reservations and have a daily park plan set up. It's pretty loose based on FP rides and EMH days. Pretty much winging the rest. We're in our 50's so running around too much will not be happening! We're looking for a stress free time.

Golf cart is reserved. MB's are ordered.

We also don't care about dining and will be eating when/where we can in the park if we get lucky but most meals will be at the campsite.

We have a 10 hour ride so we'll be stopping midway @ a KOA somewhere in between.

Ready to get on the road!

Welcome back to the Fort

We are headed back to the Fort for only our second visit to WDW and FW ever! The first visit was in 2005 with 2 kids in tow.
Congrats! and welcome back.

15 years between visits! There will be a lot that is familiar, but so much that will be new. Have a great time.

j

! I'm gonna need you to tell my hubby that Ed haha. I guess we can ask for 1500 and then take first available in 1500 when we arrive? My hubs just wants to take the first one available.

Is this your first trip to the Fort, rideswithchrist? If hubs has already been and had to walk 2-3 times a day toward the pool, campfire, or Meadow TP (or waited for a bus) from 2000, he'd want to be in 1500. Again, only 21 sites in 1500 and it is highly sought after and almost 70 sites in 2000. They will try to stick you in 2000 unless you ask and wait for 1500 because I guarantee/odds are there will be availability in 2000.

Bottom line, if you have a choice of immediate availability in 2000 or waiting for 1500, my advice is to wait. But in the end it's your decision and not mine.

Ok- I'll check in and request our loop, then a site number. I have no idea which one to ask for though- I just don't want 1501 near the bus stop.

If any of these are open or coming open on the day you arrive, ask for 1500 sites in this order of preference:

- 1511 (on outside nice wide site backs up to canal)
- 1513 (on outside next to 1511 has a retaining wall on rear and utility side of trailer/pop but on canal)
- 1512 (on interior of circle between 1511 and 1513. LONG/DEEP meaning spacious, nice tree privacy)
- 1514 (on outside in corner of loop, spacious, not as much tree cover, backs up to canal)

Then it's whatever's available.

The sooner you can get to the Fort on arrival day, the more leeway you have to discuss your wishes and make a decision. One time I got to the Fort, had a tent site reserved, asked for 1500, and none were left available that day and got put in 2000. Drove thru 1500 on the way to 2000 and sure enough, it was full. There were plenty of empties in 2000 where I set up. Some people are not opinionated as I am about the one versus the other. But I am. Whatever.

The excitement will grow as it ticks down to departure day!

Bama Ed

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!