March Trip reports

Received the Disney Magical Express luggage tags today, DD and BF are flying in from Salt Lake City on College break, DS and GF are flying in from Chicago for a long weekend, staying in a FW Cabin, his boss wont give him more time off (I have my reasons, he just took a week out in Vegas) Now we just have to mail them out to her. Getting close enough to start planning meals for the 3.5 day drive down.

Received the Disney Magical Express luggage tags today, DD and BF are flying in from Salt Lake City on College break, DS and GF are flying in from Chicago for a long weekend, staying in a FW Cabin, his boss wont give him more time off (I have my reasons, he just took a week out in Vegas) Now we just have to mail them out to her. Getting close enough to start planning meals for the 3.5 day drive down.

Wohoo! Where are you driving from? I know you said before but I can't recall, but I shall quit whining about our 2 day drive now.

Northern Illinois, 1250 miles, sometimes a challenge in March, last year the RV was covered in ice the day we left

Drive safe, and have a great trip. Packing an RV in the cold and snow is hard, but the end result is worth it. We are staying at the Yacht Club before our Disney cruise on March 23, but will visit the Fort on the 22nd. Have reservations for 11 at the Hoop DeeDoo. We will miss the Fort this year. Next year for us.

Northern Illinois, 1250 miles, sometimes a challenge in March, last year the RV was covered in ice the day we left

I feel your pain, we are 1500 miles, (east central Nebraska) We usually take the same amount of time (3 1/2 days) but last trip in July, DS and family had some time restrictions so we did it in 2 1/2 days, won't do that again, LOL, getting to old to be driving that far in a day.

I just scored Slinky Dog :cool1:, which was not on my original planned HS day, so I had to rearrange my days, which meant modifying FPs and changing lunch and dinner plans :faint:. But it all worked out, still got all the other FPs I wanted even though I had to change days. :)

According to sunpass site:

SunPass Vending Machines Locations:

• I-10 Welcome Center, mile marker 4 (4 miles east of the Florida/Alabama state line in Escambia County)

Can we pick up a Sunpass at the Florida visitor's center coming in on I10 from Texas?

We got one at the Welcome Center at the Alabama-Florida state line near Dothan (different than yours on I10 but I bet it works the same). We bought it in a vending machine for $5. They had a "young person" with a computer nearby during business hours to assist us with immediately setting it up. Basically you set up an account and put some money in it via your credit card. Your tolls are subtracted electronically as you roll through the toll points. You also set up a minimum so that when your balance reaches that, your cc is charged again to add money.

At most I carry $25-30 dollars in the balance and refill when it hits $10.

When you go in to get it, take the license plate numbers of your vehicle and trailer and have them both put on the account.

Then roll on through!

Bama Ed

Just poking around.

Good luck to all. You now have me looking at diffrent stuff. I think my ez pass from nj qill work in Florida. Not 100 percent sure on that one.

What are the crowd tracker sights? And do they work?

Yes not looking forward to the drive, yours are longer. I only have 1100 miles to go, with a 20 yo camper........

Just poking around.

Good luck to all. You now have me looking at diffrent stuff. I think my ez pass from nj qill work in Florida. Not 100 percent sure on that one.

What are the crowd tracker sights? And do they work?

Yes not looking forward to the drive, yours are longer. I only have 1100 miles to go, with a 20 yo camper........

There are a few different sites that have crowd control calendars, a few are undercovertourist, touringplans and magicguides. Just Google it and you will find many. Most have the numbers the same or close, others are different :confused3. So I would use them as a guide and know they are not 100% accurate. I do know they were totally right about President's day weekend being very crowded.

Just did a quick look, your right , one says bid crowds, one says smaller then normal. Lol, I'll go with the smaller crowds 8-) i wonder if i can hold them to that ! :-)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter