March Wish Challenge Let it Go or some of us are sick of snow

Would you believe that I can get Cinderella Royal Table, Crystal Palace, Liberty Tree Tavern, Skipper Canteen and few more that are available still! I think the sensible thing to do is cancel the ADR and not commit to any, or book lunch. Thanks for the tips.

Wow, looks like it is only a very few really popular meals that are so difficult to get! I always really liked lunch at Liberty Tree Tavern! The salad there was really delicious with Granny Smith apples and chicken. If you can get an early lunch ADR that might be a good place to get off your feet for some rest in the airconditioning.

Happy Wednesday everyone!! I am trying to figure out what my woohoo for this week is going to be, I will be back with this... (Maybe tonight I can woohoo after I went for a run...).

I am still struggling with my eating. I KNOW that I have to re-commit to tracking my food. But I am dragging my feet. I hope posting about it will help to feel more accountable. I am doing well with packing my afternoon snacks. They are quite substantial in calories (a tub of cottage cheese, not totally low fat one as they rarely have the low fat one here in Germany, for example). But I am finding that this is really what I need. I hope to get my chicken more in a row and start prepping my afternoon snacks during the weekend so that each morning I just need to grab a bag from the fridge and go. But it totally helps with eliminating my evening hunger attacks. And the mornings without breakfast are really tolerable! Interesting how changing around WHEN I eat really has an effect on what I eat!

My woohoo is that I am getting time to relax this week with the kids at my in-laws. I am not worried about DD and her anxiety and I am not have to run anyone around. So with this I have also learned DH and I do not eat good when the kids are gone. We have eaten out every day. Put on the flip side we have also gone for at least a walk every day. Other then being crazy at work I have really been able to rest my brain which has been on overload this past month.

@Flossbolna I have a DCL question for you. At the 75 day mark when I can book everything what time of day does it open up? I can't seem to find this info anywhere. I want to make sure I am on right away because I want to get an early time to get on board on Embarkation day. Also, have you done the Dolphin Encounter at Grand Cayman? We are going to do this one I think but just wondering why it is so much cheaper then Cozumel.

@Flossbolna I have a DCL question for you. At the 75 day mark when I can book everything what time of day does it open up? I can't seem to find this info anywhere. I want to make sure I am on right away because I want to get an early time to get on board on Embarkation day. Also, have you done the Dolphin Encounter at Grand Cayman? We are going to do this one I think but just wondering why it is so much cheaper then Cozumel.

Oh, it seems such a long time ago since my last cruise!! I am pretty sure it opens up at midnight EST. At least the online check-in does. The booking is supposed to open, too, but sometimes takes a little while longer. One trick for being quick with the online check-in: You have to go through several steps until you can select your port arrival time. But you can edit each step later on as often as you want. So, just fill out the basics (for example, don't bother with flight details, just select that you are not flying to the cruise) in order to move through it quickly.

I found this blog post very helpful: http://disneycruiselineblog.com/201...ning-port-adventure-reservations-made-simple/ It is from 2012, so not sure how up to date it still is... Here is another post about some changes from a year ago: http://disneycruiselineblog.com/201...h-all-new-youth-activities-registration-form/

I actually have a couple woohoo's this week....

... I've gotten in three days of drinking green smoothies and am well pleased with the impact it's having on my body. In addition to the things I mentioned yesterday, I slept really, really well last night which I think is related.
... I haven't had a mid-afternoon candy bar or any refined sugar in the evening at all this week, and the 2 pounds gained back over the weekend have been lost again. Less sugar is probably contributing to the good sleep as well.
... I got assigned a new project at work yesterday that I'm really going to enjoy. Plus it's something highly visible, which I need since most of my work is "keep the lights on" that people don't pay much attention to because it isn't "sexy".
... I've only got 12 more miles to go to get my 100 in for the month.

Woohoo!

I was just informed we are only working a half day on Friday (time to clean the house and go to the gym and keep my weekend free)!

PT yesterday was great! I mean, it was also tough, but I can really feel how the muscles that he targeted for me to work are the trouble makers. And he said I was an easy case that should only be 4-6 weeks of recovery if no other issues arise. Woo-double-hoo! Now I feel silly for waiting this long to get it checked out.

After my walk yesterday, I was just 60 calories and 4 minutes of exercise away of meeting all my goals. I was sitting on my sofa going though WW Connect, and got inspired to DRAGGGGGG myself to the elliptical and got it done!

I have my day pre-tracked to keep myself from wiggling in anything off plan!

Have a woohoo-able Wednesday all!

Oh, it seems such a long time ago since my last cruise!! I am pretty sure it opens up at midnight EST. At least the online check-in does. The booking is supposed to open, too, but sometimes takes a little while longer. One trick for being quick with the online check-in: You have to go through several steps until you can select your port arrival time. But you can edit each step later on as often as you want. So, just fill out the basics (for example, don't bother with flight details, just select that you are not flying to the cruise) in order to move through it quickly.

I found this blog post very helpful: http://disneycruiselineblog.com/201...ning-port-adventure-reservations-made-simple/ It is from 2012, so not sure how up to date it still is... Here is another post about some changes from a year ago: http://disneycruiselineblog.com/201...h-all-new-youth-activities-registration-form/

Thank you. This is great info. Unfortunately we are driving. Ugh! 24 hours in a car. i do see what you mean. Just put in what ever to get to the end. Change later.

Wahoo I am on spring break! Wahoo yesterday was a good eating/exercising day. Wahoo DS2 has his last appointment with the psychiatrist he was seeing in NYC today (gotta love Skype!). Wahoo he started the form so we could get reimbursed for all those appointments!! Wahoo DS1 is coming home for the weekend! Wahoo pickleball was fun this morning! Well, it's fun all the time, but I hadn't been since Friday. Wahoo right now I'm watching a robin walk around my backyard. Which reminds me I need to mow!

Yesterday was sloth day, today is errand day. It was so delightful just being home with no agenda yesterday. I loved it. The only thing missing was a good book to read. Today I need to go run around. I've got to plan some meals and hit the grocery store plus a bunch of different stores. Tonight I plan to make it to yoga. Can't wait. Friday's class had a sub so it wasn't quite as relaxing as the usual Friday class, but it was still great. I always feel better after yoga, even though I complain an awful lot about downward dogs!!

Everybody had such good restaurant ideas. I feel like we haven't been in forever (it's been 2 years) and there is no trip in sight. Very sad. Maybe if I buy a lottery ticket we'll win and then we'll go! Pretty sure it's been decades since I bought a ticket! :rotfl2:

My Woohoo today is my lap kitty has forgiven me for taking her to the vet on Monday for her to be spayed. Along with her sister. Right now because I have the computer on my lap she is laying between my lower legs on my foot stool.

Happy Thursday All! Not much to update, I feel good. Meeting frined for meal in few hours, she is cool - looking forward catching up wiht her. I met her on internet forum and our joint love for Disney lead to us meeting up

Thank you. This is great info. Unfortunately we are driving. Ugh! 24 hours in a car. i do see what you mean. Just put in what ever to get to the end. Change later.

Ugh! 24 hours is a long long drive!! I hope you get to stay somewhere over night?

One thing I wanted to mention: I don't think arriving that early is so great. I totally get the excitement of wanting to be on the ship as early as possible. But even though they take people earlier, they won't start boarding until some time later (I think it used to be 11:30am?) and the terminal gets horribly crowded. Once people start boarding, the cruise terminal becomes far more manageable. We usually aim to arrive about 45 minutes after boarding starts and by then the terminal has emptied out and it is a really nice and not stressful experience to get on board. We have even started to wait until after 1:30pm before we go to the buffet for lunch. Rooms become available then and a lot of people hog tables until they can move to their rooms. We try to have as little luggage on us when boarding and just tour the ship, maybe get a snack or a drink and then drop of our stuff in our room at 1:30pm and head to lunch. Ever since we started that routine we find that we get into the cruise so much more relaxed! I do understand that the excitement of something new is a very big draw, but especially with kids and after a 24 hour drive, less stress might be something to think about as well. Especially if you are stopping for the night somewhere, you could stop a bit earlier and plan to do the last two hours of driving or so on the morning of and that way you can break up that long drive a bit more?

Ugh! 24 hours is a long long drive!! I hope you get to stay somewhere over night?

One thing I wanted to mention: I don't think arriving that early is so great. I totally get the excitement of wanting to be on the ship as early as possible. But even though they take people earlier, they won't start boarding until some time later (I think it used to be 11:30am?) and the terminal gets horribly crowded. Once people start boarding, the cruise terminal becomes far more manageable. We usually aim to arrive about 45 minutes after boarding starts and by then the terminal has emptied out and it is a really nice and not stressful experience to get on board. We have even started to wait until after 1:30pm before we go to the buffet for lunch. Rooms become available then and a lot of people hog tables until they can move to their rooms. We try to have as little luggage on us when boarding and just tour the ship, maybe get a snack or a drink and then drop of our stuff in our room at 1:30pm and head to lunch. Ever since we started that routine we find that we get into the cruise so much more relaxed! I do understand that the excitement of something new is a very big draw, but especially with kids and after a 24 hour drive, less stress might be something to think about as well. Especially if you are stopping for the night somewhere, you could stop a bit earlier and plan to do the last two hours of driving or so on the morning of and that way you can break up that long drive a bit more?

We are stopping over night thankfully. Our first 3 trips down it was straight through to Disney. We will drive to the GA-FL line and stay the night. It should then only be about a 3 hour drive the next day. I will keep this in mind when we do on line booking. We still have some time before we have to do this. I am so used to the planning of WDW that I feel like I need to be doing something.

We are stopping over night thankfully. Our first 3 trips down it was straight through to Disney. We will drive to the GA-FL line and stay the night. It should then only be about a 3 hour drive the next day. I will keep this in mind when we do on line booking. We still have some time before we have to do this. I am so used to the planning of WDW that I feel like I need to be doing something.

That's one of the great things about cruising: It can be very relaxing!!

If you are someone who likes guide books, I can recommend the Unoffical Guide to Disney Cruise Line. It is great at explaining all the details about what you can and should plan.

Thursday QOTD

upload_2018-3-29_7-18-9.png
clip_image002.jpg

The Power of Three

In looking back thru March, it seems that many of us struggled.
But surely, there are things going right even when it looks/feels like everything is going sideways.
What are three things you did right this month,
to support yourself and
your healthy living goals?

Thursday QOTD

In looking back thru March, it seems that many of us struggled.
But surely, there are things going right even when it looks/feels like everything is going sideways.
to support yourself and

Good morning. I did struggle, but had some great milestones as well. I think the best thing I did was when I was struggling earlier this week, rather than just watch my work get unraveled, I reached out to my Noom coach, who helped guide me through (somewhat...). But kept me from getting farther off track.

QOTD:

I think traditionally with March it's "in like a lion out like a lamb", but for me it was the other way around... I started the month slow and quiet but steadily picked up speed as the weeks went along. The three most benefcial things I did during the month are:

1. I got moving again - I'm currently at 93 miles so I should hit my 100 mile goal tomorrow.
2. I stopped subtracting and started adding. So much of the dieting mentality is eating less, and with my food sensitivities I'm also always trying to eliminate. But adding the
green smoothies is showing me that some of my issues were caused by not getting enough, not by getting too much.
3. A few times during the month I was able to get to just being and not always doing.... or thinking.

I am going to have to get this.

to support yourself and

I have not done much of anything this month. No tracking, many days not working out and eating has been so so. My stress level was through the roof this month too. I am really hoping that we can at least get DD semi back on track in April so my stress level gets better, however with state testing most of April I am thinking it will still be a rough month. We should be getting into some better weather here soon so that will help.

Well, today is off to a trying start... My sunrise beach walk was supposed to be today. 1) DH and his friend were wrong on what time the sun rose today... by an hour Hahaha! I guess their online source didn't account for daylight savings time. And 2) It was so dark and windy and the tide was so high and rough, it wasn't really safe to take the beach walk since the tide was almost up to the buildings! Must be the impending full moon that we didn't take into account ...... so we went to breakfast instead. I got up for exercise and ended up eating off plan. :rotfl: I mean it wasn't awful, but still....

I managed to get a quick nap before work, but it's just a weird day since I'm off my schedule and feeling a little sleep deprived.

Oh well, life happens!

QOTD: Yes! I need to focus on the positives to keep me from dwelling on my slip ups!

1) Upped my gym time this month from last month by 4 classes.

2) I did more yoga this month than last month.

3) I am tracking again. The good and the bad. The vegetables and the Easter Peeps :blush:

Looking through my exercise and food logs and weight trackers to make this list, maybe it wasn't such a disaster it feels like it was. Despite my two week derailment, I will end March lighter than I ended February. Maybe not by much, but down is down and the right direction!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!