Mariner is Great!

I would love to do the 4 night cruise but everyone tells me it will be a booze cruise. Did you find many obnoxious drunks? We have an 16 dd and a 13 dd. Was one cabin very cramped?

I would love to do the 4 night cruise but everyone tells me it will be a booze cruise. Did you find many obnoxious drunks? We have an 16 dd and a 13 dd. Was one cabin very cramped?

I was worried of too, especially as we were bringing our kids as well. Our cruise was a Mon-Fri and didn't notice it at all. Now, the kids and I were back in the stateroom and in bed by 10:30pm so that might have been why we missed any bad behavior, but DH went out on his own later and didn't comment about any issues.

DH and I are going on a 4 day cruise again (Independence) from Thurs - Mon and I wonder if that one will be more of a booze cruise (not my thing personally...even without kids)

As for our stateroom, we were in a 'spacious balcony' and found it great and not cramped for a cruise room. Our kids did share the sofa bed though but they are younger than your kids so it would depend if they mind sharing. For a future cruise with our kids, we booked 2 connecting interiors so that is another option.

Let us know what you decide...and if any other questions about Mariner.

I have to say... Last week I was on a Carnival cruise and we have docked beside the Mariner... What a BEAUTY! I can't wait to sail on her next fall! :lovestruc

I have to say... Last week I was on a Carnival cruise and we have docked beside the Mariner... What a BEAUTY! I can't wait to sail on her next fall! :lovestruc

Funny...when we were on Mariner, we were next to a (couple) Carnival ships. :-)

Mariner is beautiful. I'm sure you'll love your cruise.

We have just booked a 4 night for our family. My son absolutely loves the flow rider at great wolf. Did you find there was much of a wait? Were there better times to go? What about the slides or sky pad.
Thanks

We have just booked a 4 night for our family. My son absolutely loves the flow rider at great wolf. Did you find there was much of a wait? Were there better times to go? What about the slides or sky pad.
Thanks
You'll love Mariner. We actually just booked it again. :-)

When are you going? We went last week in August and lines for Flowrider weren't bad. My son only tried it and just once but we were often in the area so would watch.

We stayed on the ship for our Nassau day and our kids basically had the slides to themselves. Even on sea days it didn't get too bad though. For Last tag, we went right when it opened and were able to play a few times in a row.

For Sky Pad, that one does get longer lines and so I do recommend lining up for when it opens. Also, when we went it was always come first server, but I think they now allow you to book a time (only once). Not sure if it works same as Independence which we just got off of, but that ship had reserved spots in the mornings and open jumps in the afternoon.

We had no problems sitting under trees for shade. There are plenty of them!
Denise

Couple questions~we are sailing on Manier in July staying in Disney for a few days before~is it necessary to stay the night before the ship sails or just stay at disney and leave in the morning and head to the port then?
~what time can you get on the ship on the 1st day?
~how much is it to rent a cabana in Coco Cay?

Couple questions~we are sailing on Manier in July staying in Disney for a few days before~is it necessary to stay the night before the ship sails or just stay at disney and leave in the morning and head to the port then?
~what time can you get on the ship on the 1st day?
~how much is it to rent a cabana in Coco Cay?

Mariner was out of Miami when we sailed but I assume for your sailing it is out of Port Canaveral. The point of 'arriving' the day before is for flying, but you will already be in Florida and Orlando is close to the port so you would be fine staying there and then driving to the port in the morning.

I'm trying to remember. I think we aimed to be at the port around 10:15am and they boarded around 11am.
I don't remember the cost of a cabana but it will be in your cruise planner once you book.

Just yesterday we started looking into going on the Mariner for a 4 day next year.
I've only cruised with DCL and Carnival before, so lots of questions, but lets start with a few while I read up on this board to learn more.

1. Does the price go up the longer you wait with booking, or does the price stay pretty much the same?
2. Is the deposit fully refundable until PIF date?
3. Do you need to make reservations to be able to go to the evening shows? (remember reading about this regarding the new RCL ships)

Just yesterday we started looking into going on the Mariner for a 4 day next year.
I've only cruised with DCL and Carnival before, so lots of questions, but lets start with a few while I read up on this board to learn more.

1. Does the price go up the longer you wait with booking, or does the price stay pretty much the same?
3. Do you need to make reservations to be able to go to the evening shows? (remember reading about this regarding the new RCL ships)

2. It depends if you book refundable or non-refundable. I find that they are more strict than other cruise lines for the non-refundable rates. You lose more money.

1. Price is unpredictable. But if you book, you can watch for price drops up until your final payment and have your price adjusted if it does go lower (this is assuming you are not booking through UK site as they may not allow for that). Note that with any re-price you lose any previous OBC and new deals apply....so when comparing, take into account your net cost.
  2. If you book refundable, it is fully refundable up until final payment. If you book non-refundable, then you would lose $100 per person (and remaining balance of the deposit can be put towards another cruise booked within a year)
  3. For Mariner, there are no reservations. You just show up according to the times in the cruise compass. It is only on the larger ships such as Oasis and Quantum class where you book your shows.

Ask away...let me know if any other questions.

Last edited:
We are doing a quick 3-night on Mariner in July. It is our first cruise and we did a short one to see if we like it. Two questions.

What is the best time to arrive at the terminal on the first day? We would like to board on the earlier side to enjoy the ship as soon as possible.

What is the last morning like? Do you eat breakfast on board? What timeframe do you dis-embark?

Great thread. Thanks who all contributed.

We are doing a quick 3-night on Mariner in July. It is our first cruise and we did a short one to see if we like it. Two questions.

What is the best time to arrive at the terminal on the first day? We would like to board on the earlier side to enjoy the ship as soon as possible.

What is the last morning like? Do you eat breakfast on board? What timeframe do you dis-embark?

Hi. If you don't mind waiting a bit, I'd aim to be at the terminal around 10:30am. That way you can check in and then just wait for them to call you to come on board, which is generally around 11am.

For the last morning...yes you can grab breakfast. We went to the Windjammer. It was quite busy as most others were doing the same, but at least you get in one last yummy breakfast. I just got off Symphony and the MDR was also open the last morning...can't remember if Mariner had that as an option too.
They kick you out pretty early. Don't remember exactly but think we were off arounfd 8:30am ot 9am. You get luggage tags for an assigned time (or you can do self disembark if you have a flight to catch).

We really liked Mariner and have it booked again for next summer. Enjoy!

IMO, early arrival is the best (especially on a short cruise) because you get to spend a little more time on the ship.

Last morning on a cruise, we always have breakfast on board but different cruise lines have different departing time. I believe RCCL has one of the less strict (between 10:00am and 11:00am) while others will ask you to get off the ship by 9:30.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!