mask and the two year old

hannymom

Mouseketeer
does anyone who has already gone have any good tips on how to keep a mask on a two year old? going in september

Practice at home (not just the two year old, everyone wearing it so two year old sees it is what we all do). And pick one that is both comfy and is designed as something they really like--our toddler loves his unicorn mask.

See if you can find a child-sized paper mask. Paper masks are more breathable than fabric.

Duct tape? J/K!!! I can't imagine the difficulty in getting a child that age to wear a mask and leave it on. My son is 10 so when we go in Nov if masks are still required it won't be an issue as he'll need it for coming in and out of school next month anyway.

We bring multiple Disney masks and make a game out of it....we tell our godson to out his Mickey mask on as we head out...when we get to our 1st stop we tell him to pick a mask for Disney Springs...then before we go into a place for lunch or dinner....we ask him to pick what he wants to wear for dinner. He loves changing masks and picking out what he wants to wear. He loves his baby Yoda mask, but if we are eating with Mickey he says he has to wear his Disney mask. Sad that it is his normal these days, but he now loves mask swapping!!

My son just turned 2. At best I've gotten him to wear a mask for about 20 mins. So I feel like for us, a WDW vacation isn't possible right now. I'll continue to work on it though and maybe we can go next year.

I think the policy is children OVER two must wear a mask. So a two year old is under the age limit.

I think the policy is children OVER two must wear a mask. So a two year old is under the age limit.

The exact language of the policy is "ages 2 and up." A 2 year old IS required to wear a mask. Initially it said over age 2 but that was changed shortly thereafter, well prior to opening.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!