Mask recommendation?

You can get 1/8 inch elastic cord because it is round where as regular elastic is flat and the edge would cut into poke into you ear , and the hand sew it on as ear loops. Do a search for super soft elastic cord. Even someone who does not sew can do this :) Cut the elastic to 7 inches long for each ear. You could cut it a bit longer if you want it to be a looser fit. Here is a picture of a gaiter with ear loops. as you can see the ear loop sits on top of the ear instead of behind the ear where people have said it hurts because their ears are being pulled forward. https://cherrystonestyle.com/produc...sk-with-ear-loops-available-end-of-april-2020
I would go that route if WDW decided to allow gaiters, I like that. I'm glad I saw this tread as it seems everyone has sold out of them here lately with the hot weather. I bought two on Amazon and looked at the local Lowes and HD today but they were sold out.

I would go that route if WDW decided to allow gaiters, I like that. I'm glad I saw this tread as it seems everyone has sold out of them here lately with the hot weather. I bought two on Amazon and looked at the local Lowes and HD today but they were sold out.
They are allowed over a DS so i don't see why you could not wear them in the parks. We wore them with no problems 3 different times. The rule say face coverings. Nothing about gaiters being a no no. I had a friend who wore his on the Disney golf course last week no issues and he play golf with another CM who had a day off.

They are allowed over a DS so i don't see why you could not wear them in the parks. We wore them with no problems 3 different times. The rule say face coverings. Nothing about gaiters being a no no. I had a friend who wore his on the Disney golf course last week no issues and he play golf with another CM who had a day off.

Actually, the rule on the Disney World website says that the face covering must be secured with ties or ear loops. Most gators are not secured in that manner. Some people are modifying their gators to comply with the rule.

https://disneyworld.disney.go.com/experience-updates/

There have been reports of gaiters not being allowed at the AP preview today.

There have been reports of gaiters not being allowed at the AP preview today.
WDW updated their requirements today. The WDW official face coverings requirements now state (I bolded for emphasis):
Face Coverings

Face coverings are required for all Guests (ages 2 and up) and Cast Members. Please bring your own face coverings and wear them at all times, except when dining or swimming.

All face coverings (whether disposable or reusable) must:
  • Be made with at least two layers of breathable material
  • Fully cover the nose and mouth and secure under the chin
  • Fit snugly but comfortably against the side of the face
  • Be secured with ties or ear loops and allow the Guest to remain hands-free

At this time, based on guidance from health authorities, neck gaiters and open-chin triangle bandanas are not acceptable face coverings.
Costume masks are also not considered appropriate and are prohibited from being worn, in alignment with our existing rules.

The use of face coverings is not a substitute for physical distancing.

Following. We will be in WDW in late September, and I'm looking for a lightweight fabric, sturdy with excellent breathability. My son has autism, and he will wear a mask but it would be much easier if it's lightweight and comfy. We have tried the disposable ones but the ear loops break a whole lot.

I have the Disney ones I ordered from shopDisney and they're soft but heavy and they run too small. I have large ones, and they barely cover my nose and mouth. Anyone ever try the Adidas one? It has a really high rating.

Hey guys, just following up on this to see if anyone has any new mask recommendations for cool breathable masks.

Fortunately (kinda) I recently recovered from COVID-19 so actual protection isn't really important to me at this time (as my immunity should last through my upcoming trip). I definitely want to be comfortable so I can morally support all of those who need the masks for protection.

https://www.uniqlo.com/us/en/airism-face-mask-pack-of-3-437784.htmlI've tried loads and the Uniqlo AIRism are by far the best. I've purchased and used masks from Old Navy, The Gap, Athleta, Keen, and also lots of disposables. These are by far the most comfortable. I could breathe easily even in hot, sticky Nashville weather at the zoo in the middle of the day, the fabric is very comfortable on my face and ears, and my colleagues can hear and understand me well (lots of the nicer masks also muffle sound way too much!).
3 for $15 ain't bad, either.

For those of you that wear a disposable mask, do you wear them on rides? Do they stay on your face during a ride? I don't want it to take away from the fun of a ride if I have to keep pulling up a mask or holding it onto my face because it wants to fly off.

You will have to wear whatever type of mask you chose on the rides. I recommend choosing a mask that fits well whether you go disposable or reusable. Though I will say I don’t think my mask slipped down on the rides as much because it’s usually talking that makes mine slide down and I typically don’t talk much on rides!

whatever you chose, have a great time and be safe!

For those of you that wear a disposable mask, do you wear them on rides? Do they stay on your face during a ride? I don't want it to take away from the fun of a ride if I have to keep pulling up a mask or holding it onto my face because it wants to fly off.

the only ride I had issue with wasn’t at Disney world. The new hagrids ride at UOR was very hard to keep my mask on. I did the ride three times at the mask with the ear thingys (like those little pull tabs) did the best and didn’t ride up or down!
Definitely take a few different pairs with you in case on does get loose or wet

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter