Masks at DLR in late 2021 (ON TOPIC Posts Only!)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hlp04

Earning My Ears
Hi, I know we can only speculate but I was wondering about peoples general thoughts on face masks still being required late next year.
Do you think it's likely they will still be enforced in Nov 21?
This would be our first visit to DL and our kids first ever Disney vacation, it breaks my heart to think of it being spent in a mask all day. ☹

families going to Walt Disney World are managing just fine in masks, going by trip reports here on Dis, wearing a mask in a Disney park is not an issue and people are finding they were worrying over nothing.

Think of masks like a fashion accessory, practice wearing them, have fun, and your kids will pick up on your positivity and get used to it.

I am booked on a Disney Cruise Line cruise in September 2021 and plan to be in Disneyland in June 2021 and I will be wearing a mask and coordinating them with my Disney bounding outfits.

I can't speculate that far ahead, but I can tell you this...

We spent a day at a local "Adventure Park" where they have Alpine slides, a bungee trampoline, rock climbing wall, etc. Everyone is required to wear a mask all day. We had a great time and no one really cared about the masks. I believe that was because we were outdoors having fun and we were able to take mask breaks. We were also on a mountain, where the temperature is cooler; I think it was mid 70s, whereas at the lower elevation where we live it was mid 80s.

With that said, I don't feel like a mask would physically be a problem at DLR in November. Anaheim temps in November are historically in the 60s-70s, so I don't think it would be uncomfortable. You'll be doing fun things and able to take mask breaks, both of which make it bearable. At that point, I think it's really more about whether or not you're willing to have your first trip be one where masks are required, and where you may have a more limited experience due to certain attractions or shows being closed.

PS - if you were going in the summer, I'd say forget it. I spent 4 hours in a mask outside on concrete the other day. It was 90+ and I was miserable. The temperature of the day makes a HUGE difference in whether or not the mask is bearable!

I suspect the CA government will mandate mask wearing for a very long time. I would not be surprised if the mandate will still be in effect in 15 months.

If there is an effective vaccine developed in the next 12 months (and people in CA take it) then the mask mandate could be lifted by end of Nov 2021.

I'm not sure what form it'll settle into but my guess is masks are going to be the new norm. At minimum, like in Asia, people wear them when they may be mildly sick.
I've heard a lot of people say that, but given that masks were a thing in 1918 and didn't stick around...I don't know. Maybe.

I don't mind wearing a mask and neither do my 5+yo kids, but there's no way I could keep one on a 2 year old. I mean...any parent who has put a Halloween costume on a 2 year old for 10 seconds knows this. I hate the thought of not being able to take our whole family, or conversely waiting until he can consistently wear a mask and we've missed that window where he thinks it's the real Lightning McQueen and it's all so magical.

I've heard a lot of people say that, but given that masks were a thing in 1918 and didn't stick around...I don't know. Maybe.

They apparently stuck around in Japan since the 1918 pandemic. I wouldn't be opposed to wearing one. However, I saw them more frequently here before Covid due to the large amounts of allergy producing plants. Ah, love is in the air :rotfl2:

CA will probably still have a mask mandate for all of 2021. The whole family wore masks at WDW in July with 95+ heat every day. It was hot and I mean heat like you cannot believe, just like every other Florida July. The masks did not make a difference in our enjoyment of the parks or vacation. Plus we loved all the pictures we took with the masks on. It was a vacation to remember for all times. Try to look at it in a positive way. When your children remember past vacations and tell their grandchildren about their parents and their vacations, they will remember this trip. And it will only be a negative memory if you make it that way.

Thanks for the replies everyone. I'm really not sure we could handle wearing masks all day, I can barely manage an hour in one walking around a nice cool air conditioned shopping mall. If this was just another vacation to Disney then I would say let's go for it, but it's literally our kids first ever Disney experience. If masks are required then I can't see it any other way than negative. But I also hate the thought of postponing until 2022, I'm so torn haha

Thanks for the replies everyone. I'm really not sure we could handle wearing masks all day, I can barely manage an hour in one walking around a nice cool air conditioned shopping mall. If this was just another vacation to Disney then I would say let's go for it, but it's literally our kids first ever Disney experience. If masks are required then I can't see it any other way than negative. But I also hate the thought of postponing until 2022, I'm so torn haha

trying to saying this in a nice way , not trying to get argumentative or political, but it sounds like you need to change your attitude towards masks. Only wearing if less than an hour is the problem. Its like everything new, you need to build up your tolerance. Each day time yourself wearing the mask, and increase it little by little. Ok so try 60 minutes today. Then tomorrow, try 70 minutes. Then try 30 minutes out and about, not in an air conditioned mall. Built up your tolerance, little by little and suddenly you will find that 4 hours have gone by and you are fine.

It sounds like you have mask anxiety. Get that under control and lead by example. Let your kids see that wearing a mask is no big deal, if you have a positive attitude, your kids will have a positive attitude.

Why should you deny your kids a trip to Disney, when you have the money and can get the vacation and the only thing stopping you is your negative attitude to masks.

Again just trying to be helpful and please read this as a positive motivational post, not a negative post :) :grouphug:

If you are that uncomfortable in a mask, don't plan a trip for DL for the next year at least. I hope we won't have masks for that long, but chances are pretty high that we will. In July Dr. Fauci said it would be like that for a year to a year and a half from July. Even if California eases up on the restriction, Disney can still require it for their private areas and I expect that they will.

Hi, I know we can only speculate but I was wondering about peoples general thoughts on face masks still being required late next year.
Do you think it's likely they will still be enforced in Nov 21?
This would be our first visit to DL and our kids first ever Disney vacation, it breaks my heart to think of it being spent in a mask all day. ☹
I'm with you, hoping like heck to get a trip to DL in late December 2021 without masks!! I'm hoping that it won't be required!!

It’s hard to tell so far in advance. I would say keep an eye on the boards and watch for any updates in regards to masks.

There is also a thread in the community board on different mask styles, where you can learn which masks are breathable. I’m sure it will be updated a lot so if you do decide to go and there is a mask rule check there for various styles

My guess is that we will need them this year, but by November 2021 a vaccin should be available and those who wanted a shot probably all have gotten it by then. So, I do not think we will need them next year.

We see in Europe that, yes, there are still a lot of infections, but as we know much better now how to treat the disease, we have less and less hospitalizations and deaths. I think that trend is now also starting in the US?
This is the start of reducing measures. My guess is that first all the lockdowns/quarantines etc will be lifted upon return of domestic travel, then international travel will be lifted and then masks, and then distance.

Buy different styles and shapes of masks and find one that fits your face well and you feel comfortable in. I completely agree that it is something new and you almost have to build up your tolerance. I find myself driving in the car now with my mask still on because I FORGOT it was on! I bought a new style at Costco recently that has quickly become my favorite mask to wear because it fits me so well I don’t need to constantly adjust it and it’s comfortable.
My friends spent a week at WDW in July with masks required and they had a wonderful time and felt very safe. She said she wishes they had stayed longer. For me personally, I’m not comfortable flying or going to a theme park yet but I think if you do end up going it’ll be a very memorable trip, one that you’re all likely to remember, especially if it’s your kids first trip. It’ll also make their second trip special as it’ll be a different experience without masks!

I wouldn't be surprised that a mask mandate is around through 2021 or later.

I completely understand and I can't imagine masks will be required once a vaccine is available, but then again, I wouldn't have imagined any of this🤷‍♀️.
I think a mask mandate will be around until at least 60% - 70% of the population or more actually recieves the vaccine. Having the vaccine available isn't good enough.

I think we will be wearing masks until winter 2021 or spring 2022. We are required to wear masks while at work, only taking them off if we are at our desk, at least 6 feet away from someone else.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter