Masks at pool? Anyone there now?

wdw4rfam

DVC Member/AP holder
Forgive me, I’m sure this has been asked, I haven’t been on here for a while. I know masks are required around the resort. I see wording about not wearing while swimming. But if you wear the mask into the pool, and once seated in a chair, since they are 6 feet apart, can you remove it while sitting there? I don’t swim, but have to sit and watch the kids. Sitting in the sun with a mask on for hours sounds miserable. We are contemplating an October trip and don’t mind wearing masks everywhere else, but this is a grey area I can’t seem to get a straight answer to. I’d like to know what people are seeing that are there now.

Forgive me, I’m sure this has been asked, I haven’t been on here for a while. I know masks are required around the resort. I see wording about not wearing while swimming. But if you wear the mask into the pool, and once seated in a chair, since they are 6 feet apart, can you remove it while sitting there? I don’t swim, but have to sit and watch the kids. Sitting in the sun with a mask on for hours sounds miserable. We are contemplating an October trip and don’t mind wearing masks everywhere else, but this is a grey area I can’t seem to get a straight answer to. I’d like to know what people are seeing that are there now.

You don't have to wear a mask on the pool deck/lounge chair. I was at Boardwalk last weekend. A few people had them on, but most did not.

I just got back from Riviera. Inside the pool gates, nobody but staff was masked. You do need to wear a mask if you go to the pool bar to order food. When in a lounge chair, no masks required. Plan to wear a mask to the pool and back to your room, but being at the pool is a great way to take a break from masks!

Yep - same. We wore our masks to the pool & once inside the gates, we removed them. We stayed at our home resort SSR & the Congress Park pool was not crowded. There was proper social distancing too. We wore them to the bathroom & if there was food, I would have done that too. We enjoyed the pool every day while there too. :love:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter