Matt's Fall, 2019 adventure with Club 33 and 21 Royal

Gorgeous! And I think your pictures were wonderful! You're too critical of your own work, just like most good photographers.

I won't get serious about trying to get together another trip till much later this year for sometime in mid-late 2021.

That would be excellent timing for me & my husband.

My only trepidation was what if someone didn't like seafood. That would put a serious damper on an amazing meal IMHO.

100% agree!

I WOULD LOVE a pirates theme!!

That sound soooooooo fun!

Thank you, thank you so much for taking the time to remember everything, take pictures (incredible ones too) of everything and share your amazing experience with us here! I’m so grateful to get a glimpse, and hopefully someday an actual experience, of this decadent offering in Disneyland.
I really appreciate you sharing it all here, your reports are always fascinating, full of information and wonderfully written

Agree!! Thanks so much, Matt!

Once the special show just for us had concluded (tongue in cheek on the just for us, even if we had the best view), we ventured back inside, and this was my first disappointment of the night. They had pulled the glasses, many still full... SHAME. ASK FIRST. I personally lost a small amount of that Promontory and a fair amount of the dessert wine. THAT is disappointing. Club33 ALWAYS leaves them when I go for coffee on the balconies. Grr.

At any rate, we re-entered the room... SANS wine glasses... What did we find? A goodie bag at each of our settings. I'll get into the details of what was inside a bit later, but this was so great!!!

DSC_4836%20(Large).jpg

DSC_4839%20(Large).jpg

DSC_5543%20(Large).jpg

The coffee was AMAZING, I just have to say.

IMG-2119%20(Large).jpg

DSC_5544%20(Large).jpg

I also took the time to check out a view of Club 33, I've never had the fortune to see, and won't again for at least a few years if ever.

DSC_5528%20(Large).jpg

DSC_5529%20(Large).jpg

Before we would finish the meal, I asked Paul if he could get everybody together who made this MEAL OF A LIFETIME TOGETHER for a group pic. He disappeared and came back promptly with the entire entourage. We gave them a standing round of applause. SUCH an amazing team and hosts.

In this pic, left to right..
Patrick
Jackie
Gardenia
Dan Perry - Sous Chef
Daniel Villalavaq - Sous Chef
Matt Ellingson - 21 Royal and C33 Manager
Paul - Butler

DSC_5546%20(Large).jpg

DSC_5551%20(Large).jpg

DSC_5561%20(Large).jpg

staff%20(Large).jpg

Last edited:

I know a good pic when I see one... sadly, sometimes I have to put forth bad ones.

I was just thinking the same thing, you are a tough critic. :) It's like when you paint a room in your house and notice imperfect lines that no one else can see. Those are THE BEST F! photos I have ever seen! Better than Disney's marketing material, if you ask me.

I am the F! nut in the family also. Gets me every time also. I've been rained out on dining packages and keep coming back for more. My crew loves it, but just not the same level. I'm in!

I was just thinking the same thing, you are a tough critic. :) It's like when you paint a room in your house and notice imperfect lines that no one else can see. Those are THE BEST F! photos I have ever seen! Better than Disney's marketing material, if you ask me.

I am the F! nut in the family also. Gets me every time also. I've been rained out on dining packages and keep coming back for more. My crew loves it, but just not the same level. I'm in!

Appreciate the kind words, but I know I was off my game for most pics for this TR. I wish I had the proper lens for the job and more importantly hadn't enjoyed the day so much (hic). I spent too much of the day eating, drinking, and taking everything in vs. focusing on my art....

I could have made these shots look like crap if I had my gear and faculties in full swing...

https://www.disboards.com/threads/k...rip-with-club-33.3647811/page-3#post-58529751

After dinner was done, we were allowed to roam free again. I took the opportunity to snap my favorite pics... stuff people just walk by without giving a second glance, but I'm always intrigued by, the little details.. For some reason I'm always drawn to the fixtures.

The fountain was even cooler after dark.

DSC_5562%20(Large).jpg

And the courtyard with the fireflies going was PURE MAGIC!

courtyard%20(Large).jpg

And here my obsession with the smallest detail goes...

That Chandelier!!!

DSC_5567%20(Large).jpg

Almost 10... I better hurry!!!

DSC_5570%20(Large).jpg

Loved that this boy with the fishing pole had an ACTUAL line on it.

DSC_5572%20(Large).jpg

Got flowers?

DSC_5574%20(Large).jpg

The butterfly was pretty cool.

DSC_5576%20(Large).jpg

I didn't try it, but I wonder if it was glued down. Regardless, such a great vase.

DSC_5578%20(Large).jpg

Enchanted Tiki Room Fans should be losing their minds over this one.

DSC_5579%20(Large).jpg

So you should remember the pic from the start of the night...

This is it if you didn't want to scroll back.

71969923_2439646066078205_7672973763092152320_n%20(Large).jpg

It appears we were a little more relaxed after...

after2%20(Large).jpg

Also, not gonna lie, I was humming the Fantasmic theme at the top of my humming abilities while cooking breakfast and processing these pics.

I missed this post earlier!
Most Saturdays mornings we run full soundtrack in the house, while dad flips pancakes: Fantasmic, WOC, Splash Mountain, RDTC, Up, Main Street loop... you name it. I converted them all to MP3 from Youtube; although Spotify has almost everything these days. I think we were separated at birth! Good stuff...

A-MAZING!!!!!! OMG, I used to think that was such a lot of money for a dinner. After avidly following your trip report, it was evident early on that this was MUCH more than a dinner. It was more than an experience. I don't know what the proper word might be, but I am sooooooooo wanting to do the 21 Royal event!

The before/after pics in the salon: Awesome.

Neuschwanstein Castle! I've never noticed it in all the photos of the Disney Gallery/Dream Suite. That is a really cool nod!

Just geeked out... big time

OMG...I recognize the C33 member in your group photo.
Awhile back we saw this man getting into a very expensive car at the valet stand at GCH and everybody knew him and was waving to him and he looked so happy. I told my daughter I bet he was in C33.

So sweet to see how relaxed everyone looks at the end of the night. Disney camaraderie at its best.🙂

Thanks sooooo much for sharing.

OMG...I recognize the C33 member in your group photo.
Awhile back we saw this man getting into a very expensive car at the valet stand at GCH and everybody knew him and was waving to him and he looked so happy. I told my daughter I bet he was in C33.

So sweet to see how relaxed everyone looks at the end of the night. Disney camaraderie at its best.🙂

Thanks sooooo much for sharing.

Hmmm... not sure it would be him. He doesn't live in the state. I made sure he was good with his face being shown in the TR before I started though. Such a fun gentleman.

I missed this post earlier!
Most Saturdays mornings we run full soundtrack in the house, while dad flips pancakes: Fantasmic, WOC, Splash Mountain, RDTC, Up, Main Street loop... you name it. I converted them all to MP3 from Youtube; although Spotify has almost everything these days. I think we were separated at birth! Good stuff...
Paint the night is rolling right now!!!!

A-MAZING!!!!!! OMG, I used to think that was such a lot of money for a dinner. After avidly following your trip report, it was evident early on that this was MUCH more than a dinner. It was more than an experience. I don't know what the proper word might be, but I am sooooooooo wanting to do the 21 Royal event!
Well it still is a lot of money!!! It's more than worth it for what you get though. Disney absolutely CRUSHED it with this experience.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!