MAW/Big Give Album 2013 - SEE UPDATE POST #229 - new BG family!

mommy2mrb

Mama to a Princess - But I'm A Scrap Princess!
Hello all, I am starting this to see how much interest there is in doing another album for MAW families that the DISBoards sponsor through the Big Gives!

This will become the sign-up thread on April 20th!

here is the link to the one I hosted last year

http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2961773

would love to do it the same way as we did last year, everyone made 2 page LO's we used the classic mickey colors of red/black/yellow/white adding blue & green to this year and kept it gender neutral and non specific to any park, character, etc. since we are pre-making these we won't know what the MAW family will be doing/staying/seeing during their trip.

if you are not able to commit to making the pages you can always make a donation to help with shipping, album, page protectors.

To date, everyone has agreed to donate their sets ~~ thank you ladies ~~ so we will be making 4 sets of our LO's to donate to the Big Give families! if you want to make an additional group of a second title that would be great, but didn't want to overwhelm you all with making too many sets!

example : "dining with style" you will make 4, 2 page LO's for this title using 12 x 12 paper and 4 1/4 x 6 1/4 photo mats.

Rachal - JohnsonLovesDisney has offered to help with paper, embellishments orders through her store - you can PM her directly for her link!!

hope we can get at least 10 swappers to join in, below are the requirements for the swap:

1. Use black/red/yellow/white/blue/green papers, embellishments
2. pick a sketch with 4 1/4 x 6 1/4 photo mats - will be easier for the MAW mom's if they don't have a trimmer.
3. general titles - nothing specific for a ride/attraction/character/park
4. make gender neutral
5. use good quality paper and embellishments, feel free to use different papers, embellishments if you want to use up some stash....please use the same title though for each set!!!

here is the link to our All Things Disney list to check out....please remember to use general and gender neutral ones!

http://disboards.com/showthread.php?t=1457364

and one more with some other great titles that Jennifer put in alphabetical order

Alphabetical Listing of Disney Titles

here are some sites with different sketches to choose from - remember to pick ones with 4 x 6 photo mats

www.4x6photosketchblog.blogspot.com
www.sketchesbysuzy.com
www.sketchsupport.com
www.sketchsavvy.blogspot.com

I am planning on opening sign ups on April 20th at 10am EST with a due date of July 10th

TIA for all who want to help make some MAW families trip a little bit more special!

you may ship your items anyway you'd like, please make sure the corners will be protected so they don't get bent please!

CHECK IN DATES:

PM info April 24th
first check in May 24th
second check in June 10th - last call for angels!
mail date July 10th

I Have :thumbsup2

Cast of Characters / Titles

mommy2mrb - title and closing pages
FergieTCat - #1 Mousin' around / #2 Magical Moments :thumbsup2
scrappinstevie - #1 Cast of Characters / #2 Say Cheese :thumbsup2

ckmom97 - #1 Ticket to Magic / #2 Mouse Memories :thumbsup2
DisneyBarlans - Disney Dining :thumbsup2
3pletprincesses - #1 Parade Time / #2 Dreams come true / #3 We love hugs! / #4 I'm All Ears :thumbsup2
panda8899 - The Royal Family (Castle) :thumbsup2
DisNorth - #1 home away from home / #2 Disney friends :thumbsup2
urbkohs - #1 ride with me / #2 hold onto your hats & glasses :thumbsup2
DisneyIsTerrifc - On the wild side
:thumbsup2
JJ&JHsmom - #1 3, 2, 1 Fun / #2 Good Times :thumbsup2

PrincessNancy96 - donation
morgansmom2000 - donation
scrappinstevie - donation
JJ&JHsmom - donation
disneybarlans - donation[/COLOR]

I'm in and I'll be happy to donate my set! I'm off to look at sketches! Thanks for hosting again!

I will send money for page protectors again! I've obtained a few side jobs right now to help some friends with graduation decorations so I'd hate to commit and not be able to finish or do quality work.

Hi Lisa, thanks for hostessing this swap again! I'm in and would like to donate my set.

I'll donate my set too! I have enough this year of my parks mega album LOL

Lisa I'm wondering if we could add green to the mix of colors. just a suggestion as I noticed that Michaels as very little reds and yellows this year for some reason and we might end up with lots of the same papers.

I will send money for page protectors again! I've obtained a few side jobs right now to help some friends with graduation decorations so I'd hate to commit and not be able to finish or do quality work.

Thank you Nan!

I can't make pages but I can help with supplies. :) you can pm me for info. Can't wait to see pages.

Thank you Rachal....I'm bad, forgot to add that you could help with that, will add it to the first post!

Hi Lisa, thanks for hostessing this swap again! I'm in and would like to donate my set.

Thanks Cassey, happy to have you along and that you are donating your set!

I'll donate my set too! I have enough this year of my parks mega album LOL

Lisa I'm wondering if we could add green to the mix of colors. just a suggestion as I noticed that Michaels as very little reds and yellows this year for some reason and we might end up with lots of the same papers.

Thanks Sandy! happy for your help and donation too! would any of your family be interested in helping out again too???
sure we can add green and I add blue too!

I'm in. This sounds like a great way to use some of the massive amounts of extra items I have lying around.

I'll if I can come up with extra help :thumbsup2 love the idea of seeing some blue too.

thanks Sandy for asking!

I'm in. This sounds like a great way to use some of the massive amounts of extra items I have lying around.

great to have you join Amanda! it is a great way to use things you have on hand!

Lisa you can count me in and I'll donate my set too.

Yay, happy you are joining in too Michelle! and thanks for donating your set! hope you all had a great time on your cruise!

mommy2mrb said:
yay! thanks for joining Tracy and donating your set too! we are going to have lots of albums to donate!!!

I haven't been able to check in -- I'm in! Looking forward to this! And I'll be happy to donate my set!

Newbie question
-- do the embellishments need to be only the specified colors? For instance, can we use Pooh or Tigger, or multi-colored balloons?

I haven't been able to check in -- I'm in! Looking forward to this! And I'll be happy to donate my set!

Newbie question
-- do the embellishments need to be only the specified colors? For instance, can we use Pooh or Tigger, or multi-colored balloons?

thanks for checking in Donna!

we try to keep this a bit more neutral since we won't know which characters, parks, rides, etc the families will be seeing....this is just a guide line to make the album look cohesive.

if you want to do a character LO....you could add a # of different characters embellishments to it so it would work for any of them, and have a title of "meeting the characters" for example...just not a specific "meeting POOH" etc.

I will join in and make pages--I will donate everything I make, I don't need anything in return. I would also be willing to donate page protectors and albums or money to purchase them if that is a need.:)

I will join in and make pages--I will donate everything I make, I don't need anything in return. I would also be willing to donate page protectors and albums or money to purchase them if that is a need.:)

that is great Jennifer! thanks for the offer! we can talk about what you want to do about the albums, etc later!

Yay lots of people to join us in our quest to making kids happy!!!!

Lisa are you still thinking about sign in on the 22? How many extra sets are you thinking on top of all the donated one? seems like you will have a stock pile this year to give out to precious little ones.

Yay lots of people to join us in our quest to making kids happy!!!!

Lisa are you still thinking about sign in on the 22? How many extra sets are you thinking on top of all the donated one? seems like you will have a stock pile this year to give out to precious little ones.

yes, sign ups will be on 4/22! probably 10 EST time...

since everyone is willing to donate their sets I don't think we will make any extra sets, just how many people sign up :banana right now we have 9 signing up and all but one is willing to donate (I did send the one a PM to ask) I hope we can get at least 10 - 12 people to sign up!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!