MaxPass / Digital Fastpass - Discussion Thread

We were in the parks Monday and Tuesday and was very glad we bought MaxPass. Thanks to the tips from this thread, I made sure to schedule the next FP as soon as we scanned in a ride. We were able to hold more than one FP at a time based on later return times. Somehow, our tickets were automatically named in the app after we went through the turnstiles the first day. I did not manually add them in, so maybe the CM who scanned us in that morning was just nice and did it for us. We have Verizon and the only place we had issues with service was in the standby line at GOTG. Adding photos was also easy! Since we are WDW vets, we did miss the magicband ease. Cannot wait to come back when both kids can ride all of the rides (we have a 2yo who couldn't ride some of the cooler stuff).
Did you use rider switch? If so, what was your experience.

So after reading 75 pages I need to clarify a point or two...All FP, whether kiosk based or MP, are linked to specific tickets? Unlike the former kiosk paper FP's that were generic. If so, then my wife is going to be disappointed, as she would use my FP's to go twice on her favorites, since I can't ride some of the more aggressive attractions, like RSR and GOTG. I haven't seen a way around this to transfer my MP to her once she used hers.

We are one park a day people, so we usually can get to everything we want to on a 3 day ticket. I would need to purchase MP each day for both tickets prior to park entry, right?

Thanks for helping me get a grip on this new system. We went to WDW a last year and experienced Magicband, which was a nice experience and convenient...but they had better Wi-Fi. I had hoped DLR would step up and max out their Wi-Fi throughout the resort...even if they limited access to ticket/passholders.
I've read either in this thread or a different one that they arent matching the ticketholder with the fp used. She should be able to use your fp. Scan both into her app and your app.

It has been mentioned a couple of times in this thread that up to three tickets can be scanned into one Max Pass account. Is that correct? So a party of two or three really only needs to pay $10 and can share the account for the day?

It has been mentioned a couple of times in this thread that up to three tickets can be scanned into one Max Pass account. Is that correct? So a party of two or three really only needs to pay $10 and can share the account for the day?

To use MaxPass as FastPass, each person needs MaxPass attached to their ticket to use it (all can still use FP for free if you want).

To use PhotoPass, only one person needs MaxPass and you share all the photos with the other accounts.

And if you're using it for FastPass and all people are paying for it, you can link all the tickets to one DL account and manage them there, together, so that all FPs are selected at the exact same time.

No. Each person needs to purchase MaxPass if they want the fastpass portion of it.

What people are discussing is then being able to scan all those tickets into one account/app so that FP can be booked together and/or only buying for the photopass benefit alone, since currently the per day cost of MaxPass is less than the per day cost of Photopass alone.

X
To use MaxPass as FastPass, each person needs MaxPass attached to their ticket to use it (all can still use FP for free if you want).

To use PhotoPass, only one person needs MaxPass and you share all the photos with the other accounts.

And if you're using it for FastPass and all people are paying for it, you can link all the tickets to one DL account and manage them there, together, so that all FPs are selected at the exact same time.

No. Each person needs to purchase MaxPass if they want the fastpass portion of it.

What people are discussing is then being able to scan all those tickets into one account/app so that FP can be booked together and/or only buying for the photopass benefit alone, since currently the per day cost of MaxPass is less than the per day cost of Photopass alone.

Thank you both for clarifying

I used the MaxPass for my family of 5 Thursday through Sunday this past weekend. It was totally worth it! We did more fastpass rides than normal, and I loved the conveniance of being able to grab a new one super quick while in lines. We always get Photopass, so that helped as well. :)

We did the lanyards with photocopies of the tickets so I didn't have to worry about the kids losing their real ones. When we park hopped on our first day, the kids ran off ahead to the CA entrance and were scanning the copies to get into the park. When the Cast Member saw I was holding the real tickets and asked about it, I was warned that we weren't allowed to copy our tickets. So, we started turning our lanyards around when we were entering the park and making sure I went first so the kids would have their real tickets in hand to get scanned.

We (family of 5) added maxpass to our APs last week and it was great. Being able to get the FPs from your phone is a real time saver and easy to do. It was also really nice to be able to download/share the photopass photos from the app.

Did you use rider switch? If so, what was your experience.

Yes we did and it was very easy and convenient! I read somewhere on this board that the return time for rider switch passes were too soon or much later in the day and inconvenient. We found that the CMs typically gave us 25 mins to get through the ride the first time so we could switch and my DH could go right after with my DS. We tend not to go back to the same ride later in the day, so having an immediate return FP via rider switch was good for us. That might not work out well for others though.

We used MaxPass last week and overall, it was great. However, we did have a couple of glitches.

Before we entered the park the first day, I pre-loaded all 4 of our tickets onto all 4 phones and linked them. I assigned each ticket to a specific person and put that person's name on the digital ticket and on the paper "tickets" that I printed from my printer. When I handed the CM at the turnstile the paper tickets, she scanned them in and took the photos without matching up the name on the ticket to the correct guest. I noticed this as soon as she asked us to sign our tickets, but she assured me it wouldn't matter as long as we all had adult tickets, which we did. So the names on the app didn't match the names on the tickets. I told her we wouldn't always be together and were getting MaxPass, but she said it was fine. I even stopped by City Hall and asked if it would cause a problem ... they also told me it wouldn't, explaining that the only time they look at the pictures is when you enter either park. They said we just needed to be sure we all had all the tickets on all of our phones or that we had the physical tickets with the correct name printed on it when we entered either park. Everyone agreed they never looked at the photos when redeeming FPs so it shouldn't matter.

The way we used MaxPass was that I got everyone's FPs from my phone. Then if we were together, I also redeemed all of them from my phone at once. But when we split up, everyone redeemed their own.

Well, everything went just fine until we had FPs for Space that turned into "any attraction" tickets when Space went down during our return time. DD17 and DH were together and used their "any attraction" tickets early. Then I pulled 2 Matterhorn FP from my phone for them to use while DD14 and I went to use our "anytime" FPs on Indy. When DD17 and DH got to Matterhorn, DD17 used her physical ticket for her FP instead of using the digital. But since her physical ticket was actually linked to my name on the app, she ended up using my "anytime" FP without knowing it since her physical ticket did not have a Matterhorn FP so the system automatically used the "anytime." (Had she used her phone, the Matterhorn FP would have come up.) When I tried to redeem our two remaining "anytime" FPs at Indy, only one was there! The CM told me I didn't have an "anytime" FP but I did have a Matterhorn FP. :( Luckily she let me on, but it most definitely DID cause a problem not to have the names right on the app.

The other glitch was that for some reason, DD17 was unable to book FPs from her phone when we weren't together even though she had all 4 tickets on her phone and we all had MPs. She even took her phone to Guest Services and they tried without success. They told her they weren't sure why it wasn't working. She was able to text me to ask me to do it, and I booked them with no problem.

So the main moral of this story is -- don't let them mix up the names on your tickets, if you get MaxPass it DOES matter!!

I need some advice on how many MP to purchase. We will be redeeming our Deluxe AP cards next month. There will be a total of 5 of us going (with my eldest daughter going the next trip and purchasing an AP for her then). I am definitely planning on purchasing at least one MP (for the PP benefit alone - my 3-yr-old is going to get her first taste of the 40" rides this year!). The other group members are DD10, DD3, my dad and my mom. My daughters will probably ride everything they are tall enough for (except maybe GOTG and SM for DD3), my dad will ride most things as well. My mom's only FP rides will be TSMM and Soarin'. So, my first question is - how many should I purchase? I'm really leaning towards buying them for everyone and using them for more than just PP. Should I buy one for my mom, or would that just be a waste?

My second question is - how to purchase them? I already have AP cards (purchased from the Disney Store) and was hoping to be able to go straight to the gate our first morning. Can I buy the AP MP in the app, over the phone, or do I have to do it at the ticket booth?

We're planning to park hop after a midday hotel break, and I plan to pull evening FPs using MaxPass while we are relaxing. I have two questions. First, it sounds like you can pull an FP using MaxPass every 90 minutes and hold multiple FPs (as long as they are for different attractions). Do I have that right? Second, for those who have pulled FPs later in the day, what kinds of evening return times are you seeing when you use MaxPass in the afternoon?

We're planning to park hop after a midday hotel break, and I plan to pull evening FPs using MaxPass while we are relaxing. I have two questions. First, it sounds like you can pull an FP using MaxPass every 90 minutes and hold multiple FPs (as long as they are for different attractions). Do I have that right? Second, for those who have pulled FPs later in the day, what kinds of evening return times are you seeing when you use MaxPass in the afternoon?

We did this last week. Left the parks around 1:00 and came back around 5:30. I was able to book tons of fast passes from the hotel room. I just started booking them as I was walking out of the park and booked 1 every time it said I could. I can't verify that it was 90 minutes because I just looked at the app for when I could book the next. I can tell you that one day I had 5 fastpasses booked for when we returned. I started booking them before we left the park though and continued thru dinner when we returned.
You couldn't hold more than 1 FP for the same attraction. I was grabbing the more popular rides, guardians, radiator racers, soarin earlier in the break as they were generally close to 5:00 early in our break. Indy, buzz, toy story lasted much later. Radiator Racers seemed to go the fastest.
We had several rides breakdown during our stay, especially rides in the Magic Kingdom so we were able to use several any attraction FPs that we generally saved for later in the day. Also to note, the cast members say these passes don't work on Space Mountain, but we used several of them there. If you click on the multiple attractions pass and Space Mountain is listed you are able to use it there even if they tell you otherwise. It was always listed on ours. That's where most of them were used. :)

Has anyone figured out how to add names to their tickets after they have already been scanned into the app?

I heard a few people on here say they could add names during the process of scanning their tickets in, but I was hoping there was a way to "edit" those numbers into names afterwards, but haven't found a way?

The best thing to do is not add any tickets to the app prior to entering the park for the first time. The names can be changed by calling the Disneyland Guest Services line and speaking to IT. It was able to change any of the names for me. It was easy, but did take about 5-10 minutes to get to the right person.

I need some advice on how many MP to purchase. We will be redeeming our Deluxe AP cards next month. There will be a total of 5 of us going (with my eldest daughter going the next trip and purchasing an AP for her then). I am definitely planning on purchasing at least one MP (for the PP benefit alone - my 3-yr-old is going to get her first taste of the 40" rides this year!). The other group members are DD10, DD3, my dad and my mom. My daughters will probably ride everything they are tall enough for (except maybe GOTG and SM for DD3), my dad will ride most things as well. My mom's only FP rides will be TSMM and Soarin'. So, my first question is - how many should I purchase? I'm really leaning towards buying them for everyone and using them for more than just PP. Should I buy one for my mom, or would that just be a waste?

My second question is - how to purchase them? I already have AP cards (purchased from the Disney Store) and was hoping to be able to go straight to the gate our first morning. Can I buy the AP MP in the app, over the phone, or do I have to do it at the ticket booth?
You have to buy them at the ticket booth for annual pass.

Can you just buy a $10 for one day for your mom?

If you do end up buying one for your mom one of your daughters could go twice on the rides your mom doesn't want to go on. IE: everyone goes on Splash except you and your mom, after they are done you go thru the FP que with your fast pass and DD10 goes again using your moms while everyone else waits.

If you click on the multiple attractions pass and Space Mountain is listed you are able to use it there even if they tell you otherwise. It was always listed on ours. That's where most of them were used. :)

Thank you! This is so helpful, and also exactly what I was hoping to hear. :)

The best thing to do is not add any tickets to the app prior to entering the park for the first time. The names can be changed by calling the Disneyland Guest Services line and speaking to IT. It was able to change any of the names for me. It was easy, but did take about 5-10 minutes to get to the right person.

Is this confirmed? We just got out tickets in the mail today and I was going to add them to the app to save myself the trouble from doing it at 7am on our first day of the trip and having some weird issue occur or something. If I can't make edits once the tickets are added to the app, perhaps I'll wait. We have to add MaxPass when we arrive anyway.

Is this confirmed? We just got out tickets in the mail today and I was going to add them to the app to save myself the trouble from doing it at 7am on our first day of the trip and having some weird issue occur or something. If I can't make edits once the tickets are added to the app, perhaps I'll wait. We have to add MaxPass when we arrive anyway.

Here is what I did and it worked - though of course it isn't a guarantee that every CM would handle the same way: as I scanned each ticket into the app a few weeks before our trip, I assigned a name and immediately wrote the person's name on the ticket. When we got to the turnstiles I attempted to use the app and after the CM scanned the first barcode he asked for the paper tickets. I handed him one at a time and said, "this ticket is for me", "this ticket is for this child" etc and he scanned the ticket and took the picture of the person I specified.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter