MaxPass / Digital Fastpass - Discussion Thread

The best thing to do is not add any tickets to the app prior to entering the park for the first time. The names can be changed by calling the Disneyland Guest Services line and speaking to IT. It was able to change any of the names for me. It was easy, but did take about 5-10 minutes to get to the right person.

I guess we will all be assigned 4 digit numbers then haha!
"Hey, #6734 get over here!"

If you do end up buying one for your mom one of your daughters could go twice on the rides your mom doesn't want to go on. IE: everyone goes on Splash except you and your mom, after they are done you go thru the FP que with your fast pass and DD10 goes again using your moms while everyone else waits.
That's true. My mom loves TSMM, so making a FP reservation for the evening from the room in the afternoon sounds pretty appealing. It should pay for itself over the course of the year. It's just so difficult to plunk down another $500 or so (that almost pays for another trip).

It's funny, you even picked the right daughter that loves Splash!

That's true. My mom loves TSMM, so making a FP reservation for the evening from the room in the afternoon sounds pretty appealing. It should pay for itself over the course of the year. It's just so difficult to plunk down another $500 or so (that almost pays for another trip).

It's funny, you even picked the right daughter that loves Splash!

Why don't you just buy the MP for the 5 days you will be there and evaluate how often you are able to use it for your mom, instead of purchasing the entire year?

HI! I just got back from an impromptu trip to DL :) Just my son and I on Sat/Sun Aug 19/20 . I decided to get the maxpass to try it out before our big trip. At first I didn't like it and really wished to have Magic Bands. In part, I still wish they'd just do that. I always had to grab my phone to scan and then I'd forget and put it away only to have to retrieve it and scan again for some rides. The wifi was nonexistent for me during both days and I was glad we brought two extra chargers. I have an iphone and I don't think a full charge would last all day. We were also playing pokemon so needed the two. I did learn to love the convenience. For our California Adventure day, we were at the very front of the line to get in for Early Magic Hour and our tickets were scanned early. I was able to log in right away and get a pass for Guardians right at 8am. We also loved having our pass scanned for Toy Story and then signing in and getting another pass for 10 minutes later! The photopass worked great too. They photographer gives you a card and they scan that, and you scan the card into the app. If you are doing rides, take pics of the ride photo number, don't try to type it into the app like I did, the pic will change fast LOL :)

We had Haunted Mansion go down during our stay and we had a pass for it. We received a pass to use at another ride.
I also had a tough time finding my pass in the app. I'm sure most people can navigate the app but it took me a bit. They are hiding out in the "my plans" section under "see all my plans" . It took me forever to find it. Also, do better than me and verify/confirm your pass after you make the reservation. I forgot a couple of times. And didn't have an actual pass for a couple rides and had to redo. oops!

I think its really worth the cost, especially if you don't visit often. DL has so many rides and especially on weekends can be so busy.

When you are redeeming your fastpass to go on a ride, do you scan the app once for your whole party or do you have to scan each ticket on the app individually?

Just back from 2 days in the parks with DH and using MaxPass. Loved the convenience, hope they don't raise the price. I saw many, many people booking through their phones while waiting in lines. We had lanyards from a Universal trip last spring and put our hotel key card (for EMH), Fantasmic/WoC paper FP, and our AP/ticket (bar code side out) in them. It was easy for each of us to scan at the rides. I loved getting another FP from wherever we were. When I got the confirmation page for each MP booked, I would take a screenshot of that page so I knew what time I could get the next one.

We got several MPs for the evening sitting by the GCH pool. It was nice -- wherever we were -- to time them around dinner or entertainment, or to ride RSR after dark, etc.

The only glitch we had was when our GRR MaxPass disappeared somehow -- we had just gotten off of Soarin and it still showed our Soarin MP but no GRR MP. We explained the situation to the CM at GRR and I showed her the screenshot and the Soarin MP still on there. She gave us a "multiple experience" MP that was supposed to be used for GRR but instead the GRR scanners wiped out my "all-week anything MP" I got for booking the AP rate at the Grand Californian, leaving me with an "anything today in DCA MaxPass". Moral of the story -- for oddball ones like a "recovery FP" or "anything FP" I'd scan that specific MaxPass straight from the individual MaxPass reservation in the phone app to be sure the right one gets used.

Other thing I noticed was that quite a few rides had only the first touchpoint and no second one or the second one covered up. Not sure if they are still phasing it in as they take rides down for renovation to get them into some merge points (there are some tough, narrow locations to add a second touchpoint scanner). So keep your ticket/phone out until after you merge with standby but be aware you may not need it.

PHXscuba

I'm sorry I am going to be that poster that doesn't read all 77 pages looking for the answer.

We will be having breakfast, character dining at paradise pier, do they have photo pass photographers and if so did I mess up by purchasing tickets before I knew the only way to get photopass for one day was max pass. It says max pass can not be added to the ticket till we are in the park. Is the resort considered in the park or are we out of luck for getting photopass pictures at the breakfast?

Thank you

Hopefully someone else can answer your real question, and can correct me if I'm wrong on my semi-related comment:
When we went to that breakfast last year, there was a PhotoPass photographer there, and they gave us the little card that you link to your PhotoPass account. However, she said that they were giving out the cards because the photo printer wasn't working, which led me to believe that if the printer had been working, we would have received a print with no PhotoPass. Hopefully someone knows the real deal on this.
Also, can you go to the ticket booth in the esplanade on day of arrival and add Max Pass there? Not sure how close your hotel is, but that might be an option. I don't KNOW if you can do that, I'm hoping someone can tell us.

ETA: Found this, it's a couple years old. Looks like you get the prints, but there's a number on the back that you can enter into PhotoPass. I don't see why you can't get the print with the number, or get the PhotoPass card, then buy MaxPass when you get in the park, and then enter the number into your PhotoPass. (Unless you are not going to the park at all that day?)

https://www.disboards.com/threads/m...ast-pph-photos-w-mickey-on-photopass.3444985/

I'm sorry I am going to be that poster that doesn't read all 77 pages looking for the answer.

We will be having breakfast, character dining at paradise pier, do they have photo pass photographers and if so did I mess up by purchasing tickets before I knew the only way to get photopass for one day was max pass. It says max pass can not be added to the ticket till we are in the park. Is the resort considered in the park or are we out of luck for getting photopass pictures at the breakfast?

Thank you

Can someone please clarify something for me? I'm confused. I scanned our tix into the app and our first day in the parks is this Saturday. I haven't assigned our names, don't even know how to do that, but is it a bad thing I already scanned them prior to entry? Will it mess us up somehow? We're a family of 3 and most of the time we get fastpasses together but once in a while I'll opt out of a ride and I won't get a fastpass. Do we assign our names thru the app after we enter or will it be done automatically? TIA!

Thank you

My understanding, from research not experience, they will not give you the code to claim the pictures at the restaurant if you do not have an active photopass. But, after you purchase maxpass you can go to the photopass store and they can/will pull them up and add them to your account.

My understanding, from research not experience, they will not give you the code to claim the pictures at the restaurant if you do not have an active photopass. But, after you purchase maxpass you can go to the photopass store and they can/will pull them up and add them to your account.
Thank you very much.

Can someone please clarify something for me? I'm confused. I scanned our tix into the app and our first day in the parks is this Saturday. I haven't assigned our names, don't even know how to do that, but is it a bad thing I already scanned them prior to entry? Will it mess us up somehow? We're a family of 3 and most of the time we get fastpasses together but once in a while I'll opt out of a ride and I won't get a fastpass. Do we assign our names thru the app after we enter or will it be done automatically? TIA!

It is just fine to add the tickets to the app ahead of time. Saves you one step in the park. If you wanted names assigned to them in the app, I'm pretty sure you needed to do that as you scanned them in - I wasn't able to find a way to edit the names once I left the area to add them. As far as I know, it won't automatically add your names after you enter the park. I don't think Disney stores your name at all - just your photo. At this point, you might have to remember that you are "7936" :-) Selecting FP for only select members of your party is super easy. And just make sure they have their own ticket or a photocopy of their ticket to scan at the ride and you don't need to send your phone with them.

It is just fine to add the tickets to the app ahead of time. Saves you one step in the park. If you wanted names assigned to them in the app, I'm pretty sure you needed to do that as you scanned them in - I wasn't able to find a way to edit the names once I left the area to add them. As far as I know, it won't automatically add your names after you enter the park. I don't think Disney stores your name at all - just your photo. At this point, you might have to remember that you are "7936" :-) Selecting FP for only select members of your party is super easy. And just make sure they have their own ticket or a photocopy of their ticket to scan at the ride and you don't need to send your phone with them.

Thanks so much, that all makes sense now :)

Visiting early October (only DH & I) and will be purchasing tickets online soon. It gives me the option to add MaxPass to my tickets but people keep mentioning waiting to purchase in the park. Should I add them now or do I need to wait?

Thanks!

Just got our tickets uploaded into app and bought them before Max Pass was introduced, so will have to buy max pass once we scan into parks.

That being said, our phones are known to die quickly. We're bringing 4 different battery chargers to be safe. A good one and the cheapies.

My question is, once we book the MaxPass for a ride on our phone, can we just scan into the ride with our park ticket? Or do we also need to use our phone to scan. The less I can use my phone, the better. Thanks!

Just got our tickets uploaded into app and bought them before Max Pass was introduced, so will have to buy max pass once we scan into parks.

That being said, our phones are known to die quickly. We're bringing 4 different battery chargers to be safe. A good one and the cheapies.

My question is, once we book the MaxPass for a ride on our phone, can we just scan into the ride with our park ticket? Or do we also need to use our phone to scan. The less I can use my phone, the better. Thanks!

You can just use your park ticket to scan into the ride.

In regards to phone chargers -- you may wish to consider a "FuelRod." These are available at many malls & airports, and also at Disney. A FuelRod has a startup cost of $20-30 (depending on where you buy it). It can be recharged... but the real benefit is that it can be swapped for free at any FuelRod kiosk... for a freshly charged FuelRod. I carry one with me, and top up my phone during mealtime. If needed, I know that I can go swap it out for a fresh one.

There's another benefit to MaxPass that I didn't realize until this week: your FP automatically converts to a Multi-Experience pass if the ride goes down during your window. This is true even if you don't realize that the ride went down. It's true even if you didn't make it over to the ride during your return window. It's true even if you decided that you might not ride that ride afterall... as long as you didn't return the FP... if the ride went down, then the conversion is automatic and you can see it in your "My Plans" section of the app.

On Thursday, this allowed us to revise our plan slightly... we were on California Screamin, prepared to head over to RSR to use our FP during the last 20 minutes of the window. But as we were standing in line for Screamin, I saw that our FP had converted... and sure enough, RSR had gone down (probably for only 10-15 minutes). Instead of rushing over there to get in our window, we went to eat instead, knowing that we could return later.

Maybe not a major perk... but under the old system, we might not have known that the ride had been down.

There's another benefit to MaxPass that I didn't realize until this week: your FP automatically converts to a Multi-Experience pass if the ride goes down during your window. This is true even if you don't realize that the ride went down. It's true even if you didn't make it over to the ride during your return window. It's true even if you decided that you might not ride that ride afterall... as long as you didn't return the FP... if the ride went down, then the conversion is automatic and you can see it in your "My Plans" section of the app.

On Thursday, this allowed us to revise our plan slightly... we were on California Screamin, prepared to head over to RSR to use our FP during the last 20 minutes of the window. But as we were standing in line for Screamin, I saw that our FP had converted... and sure enough, RSR had gone down (probably for only 10-15 minutes). Instead of rushing over there to get in our window, we went to eat instead, knowing that we could return later.

Maybe not a major perk... but under the old system, we might not have known that the ride had been down.
This happened for us with a regular FP for Space Mountain a few weeks ago. I don't have Maxpass, but regular FPs show up on the app, too, and I could see it there. They have changed so much so quickly lately that I don't want to say for sure that this is always true for regular FP, but it was for us on that occasion.

This happened for us with a regular FP for Space Mountain a few weeks ago. I don't have Maxpass, but regular FPs show up on the app, too, and I could see it there. They have changed so much so quickly lately that I don't want to say for sure that this is always true for regular FP, but it was for us on that occasion.

Thanks! I didn't realize FPs show up in the app if you hadn't bought MP. I guess that's just a universal perk of digital FP.

You're right about so many changes it's hard to keep up with the changes.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter