MaxPass Disneyland Australian phone

AussieNSW

Mouseketeer
Just wondering if anyone has done the MaxPass at Disneyland with an Australian phone?
I know I could use their free wifi but I also know it is patchy.
We are going to be there in July this year and I was going to invest in MaxPass but I am concerned about data usage.
Would I be better off getting a us sim for my phone.
In the past I have used a us sim I have also just used my Aussie sim but the MaxPass adds a new level of uncertainty.

I did last November. I made sure that my global roaming was on and that I had access to the Vodafone $5 per day deal. This essentially allows me access to my phone plan entitlements at $5 per day I use the data/phone (wifi no charge).

I didn't have a problem with using MaxPass on my data, and I turned the data off in between to conserve battery life so the phone wasn't looking for towers all the time.

MaxPass is great, it saved us so much time. Being able to book your next MP after you've scanned into the FastPass line and are waiting to ride is gold! We booked a FP for RSR while having an early lunch in Disneyland and then took our time strolling over to ride short standby lines until the 1.5 hr period had elapsed (RSR FP was for 2.30 pm and we booked it at 11.30, so we had to wait the 1.5 hrs until 2 to book another FP using maxpass).

Just check with your mobile provider that you can use your plan in the USA an you should be good to go.

We have just purchased $30 USA travel sims. We have unlimited text messages within usa as well as calls and unlimited texts internationally. They come with 3GB of data. It’s a once off payment and once activated lasts for 30 days. We purchased two- one for each of our phones. That we can also split up and call each other when we are ready to meet back up.
I have been told the WiFi in Parks is sketchy and not worth having MaxPass if you are just relying on the WiFi.

I have just got back and thought I would report back on our experience with MaxPass. We only ever used Disney wifi and had no problems. We used MaxPass to achieve all of the main rides at both parks on our first day and had time for a character brunch at storytellers, Pixar parade with meal deal, quick dinner at carnation cafe and then fireworks. On the second day we took it a bit easier and once again used MaxPass but started after lunch.
For our style of hitting the parks I would buy it again.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!