*No longer relevant* (Maxpass/Fastpass: an overview and some strategy)

Interesting. For some reason I can’t wrap my mind around that working. Same tickets on two different accounts.

Yeah that’s why I’m trying to figure it out cuz I don’t think I want one of the kids being able to log into my Disney accounts lol
You can add tickets to as many accounts as you want. You just go to “add ticket” from the app and scan it.

Like, my husband’s AP is scanned into his account on his phone, but also mine on my phone. I book FPs when we’re together, but if he goes on his own, he books from his own account.

You can add tickets to as many accounts as you want. You just go to “add ticket” from the app and scan it.

Like, my husband’s AP is scanned into his account on his phone, but also mine on my phone. I book FPs when we’re together, but if he goes on his own, he books from his own account.

Ah I see. So, if I book all the tickets through my account, once we get into the parks we could also scan the tickets into one or two of the kids accounts (if they want to do it) and they could just select their group’s names when making passes?

Ah I see. So, if I book all the tickets through my account, once we get into the parks we could also scan the tickets into one or two of the kids accounts (if they want to do it) and they could just select their group’s names when making passes?
Yes - I think even if you book them all, you will have to scan them into the app on your phone to book FPs. The scanning into the app is separate from buying.

Yes - I think even if you book them all, you will have to scan them into the app on your phone to book FPs. The scanning into the app is separate from buying.

I bought 5 tickets on my account with MaxPass included. My family members set up their own accounts with their own credit card info (if they wanted to do mobile ordering). They then scanned all 5 tickets into their accounts. That way everyone has access to everyone else's tickets for the purposes of making FP reservations. You can do it before you even enter the park. Under "My tickets" there's an option for "scan a ticket" Bring up the bar code of the ticket you want to scan and scan it. One thing to note is Photo Pass does not automatically to go everyone's account so you will have to link that separately (can do under the Photo Pass area).

My daughter's friend joined us just for the day one day. When she entered we each scanned her into our phones so we could all make (and view FP) for everyone.

I was confused before I did it all as well but it worked seamlessly.

6 of us are going end of March with the MP. So thanks for this thread, super helpful!! If one of us gets into the park, while say the others are finishing breakfast at La Brea, can the one who's scanned in for the day book FP for all 6 people? Or do all 6 of us have to be scanned into the park for the day before we can book FP for everone? My kids eat slow - I can just see one of us running over to get into the park and then being able to book being a nice option. But not sure it is?

6 of us are going end of March with the MP. So thanks for this thread, super helpful!! If one of us gets into the park, while say the others are finishing breakfast at La Brea, can the one who's scanned in for the day book FP for all 6 people? Or do all 6 of us have to be scanned into the park for the day before we can book FP for everone? My kids eat slow - I can just see one of us running over to get into the park and then being able to book being a nice option. But not sure it is?
No, each ticket needs to have been scanned at the gates before you can book a FP on it (this is true for booking via Maxpass or the machines, the ticket has to be used for the day first).

No, each ticket needs to have been scanned at the gates before you can book a FP on it (this is true for booking via Maxpass or the machines, the ticket has to be used for the day first).
OK that makes sense. If just half our party has scanned in for the day will we just see those 3 people as an option to book then?

OK that makes sense. If just half our party has scanned in for the day will we just see those 3 people as an option to book then?
You’ll see everyone whose ticket you’ve attached to your account in the app, but if you try to book for people who aren’t there, you’ll get a “not so fast!” message stating that not everyone is eligible.

For instance, I have my daughter and husband both attached to my account, but 90% it’s just my daughter and me at the parks, so I manually uncheck my husband every time I book a FP.

You’ll see everyone whose ticket you’ve attached to your account in the app, but if you try to book for people who aren’t there, you’ll get a “not so fast!” message stating that not everyone is eligible.

For instance, I have my daughter and husband both attached to my account, but 90% it’s just my daughter and me at the parks, so I manually uncheck my husband every time I book a FP.
Yep, once everyone's tickets/APs are scanned in that day, you are golden. They can go back to the room and sleep some more or go eat.

The other nice thing is if part of the group poops out and a few want to stay in the parks, you can use pooper outers tickets to get more FPs. So more FPs for the main group. This was always possible with the legacy paper FPs, but it is just easier now with MP.

:wizard:

Can someone explain to me how ride photos work with MaxPass @ DLR? What do you have to do to link your ride photos to your account?

This is a super helpful thread; we're doing both parks in one day in a couple weeks and will no doubt need to optimize our Maxpass usage to get the most out of the day!

I had one question that I don't recall seeing the answer to (maybe I missed it)... what is the return time of the first Fastpass of the day? I know you can book as soon as you scan in, even before Rope Drop, but when you go to book that first Fastpass, will they all start right at park opening, or is there a delay?

For example, we are going on a day that DL opens at 8 (no MM/EMH) and plan to be in the park before Rope Drop. If I go in at 7:30 to book a FP for Space Mountain, will the return time be 8:00-9:00, or will it be something else? Seems it wouldn't make much practical difference whether you were in the FP or Standby line right at 8:00. And between say, 7:30 and 8, would that first FP return time usually get pushed out very far? What I'm contemplating is trying my oldest son (who's thisclose to 46") on Indy at Rope Drop through the standby line, but also trying to get the earliest possible Space Mountain FP. Should I just book Indy FP, then pick up Space as soon as we scan in to Indy (or have to cancel because he's not tall enough), or will the time between 7:30 and 8 mean a difference between getting Space at say, 8:30, vs. 9:30 or later?

This is a super helpful thread; we're doing both parks in one day in a couple weeks and will no doubt need to optimize our Maxpass usage to get the most out of the day!

I had one question that I don't recall seeing the answer to (maybe I missed it)... what is the return time of the first Fastpass of the day? I know you can book as soon as you scan in, even before Rope Drop, but when you go to book that first Fastpass, will they all start right at park opening, or is there a delay?

For example, we are going on a day that DL opens at 8 (no MM/EMH) and plan to be in the park before Rope Drop. If I go in at 7:30 to book a FP for Space Mountain, will the return time be 8:00-9:00, or will it be something else? Seems it wouldn't make much practical difference whether you were in the FP or Standby line right at 8:00. And between say, 7:30 and 8, would that first FP return time usually get pushed out very far? What I'm contemplating is trying my oldest son (who's thisclose to 46") on Indy at Rope Drop through the standby line, but also trying to get the earliest possible Space Mountain FP. Should I just book Indy FP, then pick up Space as soon as we scan in to Indy (or have to cancel because he's not tall enough), or will the time between 7:30 and 8 mean a difference between getting Space at say, 8:30, vs. 9:30 or later?
The first return time is 30 minutes after the park opens for anything that wasn’t open for an EMH, so your earliest return time will be for 8:30.

I’d book Space first (assuming you actually get 8:30 or close to it), and then book Indy second (or just sometime later), after you’ve had a chance to check if he’s actually tall enough. The difference between the Space return time you get at 7:30 vs 8:30 will be significant.

The first return time is 30 minutes after the park opens for anything that wasn’t open for an EMH, so your earliest return time will be for 8:30.

I’d book Space first (assuming you actually get 8:30 or close to it), and then book Indy second (or just sometime later), after you’ve had a chance to check if he’s actually tall enough. The difference between the Space return time you get at 7:30 vs 8:30 will be significant.

Thanks, that's exactly what I was asking, appreciate the help!

Can I continue to get MaxPass while in the hotel room for a midday break? I haven't been able to find an answer for this. We're staying in the GC if that makes a difference since we'd still basically be in the park.

If I managed them right, it would be nice to come back in the evening with a few tier 2 and 3 FP already set up.

Can I continue to get MaxPass while in the hotel room for a midday break? I haven't been able to find an answer for this. We're staying in the GC if that makes a difference since we'd still basically be in the park.

If I managed them right, it would be nice to come back in the evening with a few tier 2 and 3 FP already set up.

Yes, after you scanned in for the day at either park (entered that park physically) you are able to make reservations no matter where you are as long as you are connected to the internet...( hotel, DTD, LA or wherever...everything works...)

Read the OP. That is what this thread was written for...

:wizard:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts