*No longer relevant* (Maxpass/Fastpass: an overview and some strategy)

So, this is not my area of expertise because we’re APs so our names are automatically linked, but in both June and September of last year, I managed friends’ Maxpass selections by scanning their tickets into my account. Both of those times, I got to name each ticket when I added it.

Perhaps someone with more recent experience can chime in here with better details!
When you click "Link Tickets & Passes" in app, it opens the camera to scan the ticket and then allows you to type in a name. I have all my APs in the phone already and added 7 family members 3 day tix this way when they visited. I added most of them before we even went into the parks and it worked great. It even warns you that the name cannot be changed once the ticket is used to enter the park.

You can scan tickets into multiple phones and manage FPs from multiple phones

Forgive me if I missed this somewhere in this thread.

I’m going with a larger group this summer and I’m used to just going with one other person. They’ve put me in charge as the DL expert so I figured I’d put all their tickets into my app and use my phone to book all our MaxPasses.

Can they also add their tickets into their Disney apps too? And for example, book MaxPass for those as well if we decide to separate later in the day but I’ve already used my account to pay for MaxPass in the morning? If that makes sense.

Forgive me if I missed this somewhere in this thread.

I’m going with a larger group this summer and I’m used to just going with one other person. They’ve put me in charge as the DL expert so I figured I’d put all their tickets into my app and use my phone to book all our MaxPasses.

Can they also add their tickets into their Disney apps too? And for example, book MaxPass for those as well if we decide to separate later in the day but I’ve already used my account to pay for MaxPass in the morning? If that makes sense.
Yup, you can add tickets to as many accounts as you want.

Yup, you can add tickets to as many accounts as you want.

So the original post says that I can scan in the FP for the entire party, would that be in one scan or do I have to scan and then scroll down on my phone for the next one?

Also, does this work for park admission or will the rest of the group need to either have the app or carry their physical ticket?

So the original post says that I can scan in the FP for the entire party, would that be in one scan or do I have to scan and then scroll down on my phone for the next one?

Also, does this work for park admission or will the rest of the group need to either have the app or carry their physical ticket?
If you book multiple FPs, you will get multiple FP bar codes. Scan one, swipe, can the second one, swipe, scan the third one... and so on. You can just hold the phone under the scanner while you swipe. It's super easy.

Same thing with tickets. THe app will display one ticket, scan it, swipe, scan, swipe, scan, etc. It's also really easy.

I purchased tickets for my husband and I but we didn't add max pass at the time. My Mom purchased tickets (3 of them for 2 days) and DID add Max pass at time of purchase. Our tickets are all linked in the app so when I go purchase max pass for my husband and I in park, do I add them to our fastpass party? Or do I just do my husband and I since we don't have the max pass? If I just do my husband and I will we be able to still get group max pass tickets for all 5 of us?

You are planning on purchasing MP for yourself and your husband when you get to the parks, right? And your mother already has purchased MP with her tickets? Once you and your husband activate your tickets at the gate, purchase MP through the app. If you already have a credit card on file, it should only take a minute or so. Once everyone in your group has MP and has their tickets scanned into the app, you'll be able to use MP to get FPs for everyone together. The tickets can be scanned in to more than one account or in to just one account -- it's up to you whether you want to be the FP director or if you want everyone to be able to book FPs on their own.

I have bought my tickets online and they are on my Disneyland app already. After we go through the turnstiles at one of the parks, will I need to scan the paperticket into my phone? Or am I good to go? Just want to hit the ground running on our soon approaching trip.

Thanks for all the good information here!

:flower1:

Updated to reflect how quickly RSR has been going and also to add section about “stacking” FPs
Thank you for the update to the first post. I will be going in Nov. 1st time to Disneyland, so I didn't know there was even such a thing as Max Pass. It sounds wonderful, the only way to go. I'm used to FP+ so this system should be easy to use. I'm still reading through to make sure I get all the nuances of the system. Thanks again!

Thank you for the update to the first post. I will be going in Nov. 1st time to Disneyland, so I didn't know there was even such a thing as Max Pass. It sounds wonderful, the only way to go. I'm used to FP+ so this system should be easy to use. I'm still reading through to make sure I get all the nuances of the system. Thanks again!
This may help you: "Comparing DLR's MaxPass to WDW's FastPass+" - https://www.disboards.com/threads/comparing-dlrs-maxpass-to-wdws-fastpass.3726294/

:wizard:

Other Maxpass FAQs:
  • Can I check for cancelled FPs without cancelling my current FP? No, unfortunately not.
This 100% true, but when I have a group and one person gets tired and decides to call it a day, you can use that person's now used MP to look for cancellations. When you find a good one, you can cancel the remaining group's FPs and change to the cancelled one that just came available. Note that the larger your group, the less effective this is because when you see a cancellation on the unused MP, that may be only for one person - but it may be for more. You do not know until you cancel the MPs for the remaining group.

:wizard:

Updated to reflect how quickly RSR has been going and also to add section about “stacking” FPs

I've noticed that Guardians has also been running out much faster than anything other than RSR. But not EVERY day. But today for instance, it is 11:35 and they are distributing for 9:15 with a 10pm closing. I think it might belong in the tier 2. Space is the next closest and is still handing them our for 3:35. *edit* Actually Toy Story is the next closest, handing out for 5pm.

I've noticed that Guardians has also been running out much faster than anything other than RSR. But not EVERY day. But today for instance, it is 11:35 and they are distributing for 9:15 with a 10pm closing. Space is the next closest and is still handing them our for 3:35.
Are all the towers running? Seems there have been a lot of days lately where a tower goes down (maybe it's the rain?) and when that happens, GotG backs up.

(Side note: 70 minute standby and FP almost gone at 11:30am on a Wednesday. Yikes.)

I've noticed that Guardians has also been running out much faster than anything other than RSR. But not EVERY day. But today for instance, it is 11:35 and they are distributing for 9:15 with a 10pm closing. I think it might belong in the tier 2. Space is the next closest and is still handing them our for 3:35. *edit* Actually Toy Story is the next closest, handing out for 5pm.
GOTG keeps running on reduced towers, so it’s throwing off FP availability.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!