May 2018 Discounts

TheLittleMerMom

Earning My Ears
What can I expect in terms of discounts for May 2018? We typically visit Disney 2x per year, but we normally go mid-September to early October and at the end of February to first of March. Unfortunately (for fortunate circumstances), due to my DD becoming an increasingly dedicated and talented competitive swimmer, we know have to visit "outside" of the season (which is a very limited window). I have always had fantastic luck with discounts & promotions (room only discount, free dining, kid-sized packages, etc), during that time. However, I do not know what to expect for May of next year. I have already made a deposit on a reservation for POR, but am contemplating moving it to WL or Poly (my favorite), depending on price.

What can I expect, based on historical trends, and when can I expect that they'll be released?

Thanks!

What can I expect in terms of discounts for May 2018? We typically visit Disney 2x per year, but we normally go mid-September to early October and at the end of February to first of March. Unfortunately (for fortunate circumstances), due to my DD becoming an increasingly dedicated and talented competitive swimmer, we know have to visit "outside" of the season (which is a very limited window). I have always had fantastic luck with discounts & promotions (room only discount, free dining, kid-sized packages, etc), during that time. However, I do not know what to expect for May of next year. I have already made a deposit on a reservation for POR, but am contemplating moving it to WL or Poly (my favorite), depending on price.

What can I expect, based on historical trends, and when can I expect that they'll be released?

Thanks!

Here is a link from mousesavers that shows discounts for the last few years and when they were released:

https://www.mousesavers.com/historical-information-on-walt-disney-world-resort-discounts/#codetrends

It doesn't show details such as which resorts are offered at what percentage, but it shows the date range for the discount, when it was released, and when it expired.

Following along for updates.

In past May's we have received a room discount or a room discount with a bonus day of ticket free.

Following along as well! Taking my 73 year old mom & 84 year old aunt on a bucket list trip May 12 -19th, 2018! My guess is end of December / early January that discounts will come out! We already have our flight booked!

Count me in! I'm heading down 5/16-5/20! I'm hoping for Poly RO/AP discount, but I'm pretty flexible. I'll probably go for whichever MK or Epcot area resort has the best deal. Flights are booked, so no turning back now!

I gave in and booked for 4/28 to 5/5 at Pop. We usually stay at POR or CBR, but the kids really want to stay at a hotel that looks more like a cartoon! I am hoping for a decent discount, but still happy we can start our Disney Countdown!

Following. My friend and I are going for a girl's only adult trip in May. She received a Pin code that would save us 15% at Pop. I think we are going to book using that discount for now so we have a guaranteed discounted room with the possibility of updating our ressie using an AP discount when they are released.

We are excited! We just booked through David's Vacation Club and will be staying at AKL -Kidani in a one-bedroom Standard View room for $3200 for May 12 - 19, 2017.

I have a split stay booked for the end of May. 5/23-29 at POFQ and AKL club level 5/29-31. Hoping for discounts so I can shorten the POFQ stay and add one more day at AKL.

Following. I have a trip at POP for may 5th-11th... and I used a PIN code, but I'm going to watch to see if the offerings for the spring are better or worse.

Rista1313, you lucky person. We will be there May 5-12. So far no PIN on my or DH account, my only hope is a decent public discount and availability to apply it.

I’m hoping for discount to be released soon. We have a nine day trip planned in May that either will be scaled back or canceled without a discount.
:fish:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!