May/June 2001 Trip -- Part 7: Cheap Hotel Heaven

WebmasterBarry

DIS Veteran
May 25, 2001

The cast:
Me (the 29-year old)

I left WonderWorks for my hotel. I had a reservation at the Four Points Sheraton Kissimmee on 4018 W. Vine Street. It was a little far from the attractions, but I got a great deal on it from Priceline. I placed a bid for $20 for Kissimmee area hotels. I had no bonus money to use. I thought I would not get anything with that low of a bid, but I was quite surprised when a hotel accepted it! It was even more surprising, considering that it was the beginning of the Memorial Day weekend. With the $5.95 processing fee and tax, my hotel total was about $30.

I-4 was backed up again at exits 28 and 29. I decided to take the 535 exit and bypass most of I-192. I remember the construction on that road and had no desire to encounter it again. It was smooth driving until I hit the 535 and I-192 section. Traffic was at a slow crawl. I can’t win! There’s traffic everywhere! I braved it out and traffic cleared up around Wal-Mart on I-192. I was looking for the hotel and drove and drove and drove, but I could not find it. I was looking for a place at 408 W. Vine Street and I knew I was lost when I passed the Florida Turnpike. I stopped at a gas station to fill up and check my directions. I found the correct address and headed back. I couldn’t believe I missed the place, considering that they had a big red and blue sign with the hotel name on it!

I checked in and got a room on the fourth floor in the back of the property. I didn’t really care since I got my room for so cheap and I would be away from the traffic noise. While taking the elevator up, I met two guys who look liked airline pilots. They asked me if I was going to Disney World. They must have noticed my DIS shirt! One guy said that he was going to sleep while the other was going to party all night. I just hope the partying guy wasn’t going to be flying a plane tomorrow!

I had heard some bad things about this hotel and I was expecting the worse when I opened the door. If the room was bad, I wasn’t too concerned because I wasn’t out of a lot of money. I was surprised when I opened the door. The room was adequate. The carpet near the front was a little wet, but that was probably from the monsoon storm earlier.

The room was a standard hotel room with two beds, an outside sink, and a private bath. Part of the room had a sofa and a small office desk. I looked around the room and I didn’t see anything wrong with it. It was clean and would meet my needs. I don’t know where the horror stories came from!

When I was lost previously, I had passed by a Subway, so I decided to go out there for dinner after a quick shower. I bought a Subway Club. I took it back to my room to eat. As I ate it, I began to sweat and my mouth felt spicy. I wondered why eating a sub was so hard. When I got down to the last few bites, I noticed that they put hot peppers in my sub. I told them not to do that! I don’t like hot peppers in my sub because it takes away the flavor of everything else. It’s like eating a hot peppers sub. I took out the offending things and the sub tasted much better.

I spent the rest of the evening trying to get online with my notebook, but I kept on getting a message saying that the number was invalid. I was dialing a 9 out, just as the phone instructions said and it was the correct number. I was too tired to fight with it, so I went to work on some postcards and fell asleep around 1:00 am.

Tomorrow: Islands of Adventure and Pete’s moderator party!

Hot peppers huh?:earseek: They're great when your expecting them but horrid when you're not!

Thanks for writing!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter