May need to change ticket date

SCCNJ

Mouseketeer
Hello everyone, An emergency work situation has come up and unfortunately we may need to change our ticket dates. We were going to go during March Break and it was our first time at Disney. :( I bought the Canadian discount tickets so I'm wondering if I do change the date will I lose the 20 percent discount as well?

Hello everyone, An emergency work situation has come up and unfortunately we may need to change our ticket dates. We were going to go during March Break and it was our first time at Disney. :( I bought the Canadian discount tickets so I'm wondering if I do change the date will I lose the 20 percent discount as well?
it's really easy to change the dates in the app and you'll need to pay the difference between the 2 start dates if your new one is more expensive, if it's cheaper you don't get anything back.
now as far as the cdn discount I can't speak to that, no personal experience with that but I hope you can still keep your discount. Hard to guess even since the promo is over.

I hope you're able to get this sorted out

Thank you for the replies. Yes, I will post what I find out. I am waiting for an email back as I wanted to have the answer in writing rather than a phone call.

I wanted to do the same but when I called they told me I would have to pay the 20% difference as the offer was over. I was not allowed to transfer to a new date. Hope you have better luck.

I wanted to do the same but when I called they told me I would have to pay the 20% difference as the offer was over. I was not allowed to transfer to a new date. Hope you have better luck.
That's not good news. Sorry you couldn't change your ticket date. I am still waiting for a email response from them.

Please post their reply. I had no clue they would do this as CAA told me thry wpcoikd be used until the end of December.

Who did you purchase your Canadian discount tickets from? Disney? CAA? Airmiles? Undercover Tourist?

Call back and try again with another CM (and again a few times to see if it makes a difference).

When is your new trip planned? Go online and price out full price tickets for the two dates (original and new) that is the maximum amount they should charge. They have been sprinkling pixie dust. See what they can do. You might get some pixie dust too.

I received a reply today stating that I needed to call in and not use email for security reasons. I'm not sure why as a simple yes/no would have sufficed. Perhaps it does give a little hope that this is a bit of a grey area? I don't know.
Anyway, we now have a small chance that we may be able to keep our original dates, so I will be waiting at least a few more days before calling in. I'm hoping I won't need to! I haven't even booked a place to stay yet(offsite) despite being less than thirty days out and I'm a little panicked about it, but staying hopeful.

Thank you, everyone, for the help.

i was told by disney rep that canadian resident discount disney tickets can be used anytime as long as I am using it before Dec 31st 2020. The ticket pricing is same for all tickets bought under canadian discount. Please call disney and confirm with them. We were told our tickets are flex which we bought under canadian discount. As long as it's not a voucher which companies like flight center issues. We had bought it from expedia.ca and got 4 bar codes for our family (we had bought 4 tickets). If you've got bar codes, u have disney tickets and not a voucher and they are flex if you bought it under canadian resident discount..

I received a reply today stating that I needed to call in and not use email for security reasons. I'm not sure why as a simple yes/no would have sufficed. Perhaps it does give a little hope that this is a bit of a grey area? I don't know.
Anyway, we now have a small chance that we may be able to keep our original dates, so I will be waiting at least a few more days before calling in. I'm hoping I won't need to! I haven't even booked a place to stay yet(offsite) despite being less than thirty days out and I'm a little panicked about it, but staying hopeful.

Thank you, everyone, for the help.
i was told by disney rep that canadian resident discount disney tickets can be used anytime as long as I am using it before Dec 31st 2020. The ticket pricing is same for all tickets bought under canadian discount. Please call disney and confirm with them. We were told our tickets are flex which we bought under canadian discount. As long as it's not a voucher which companies like flight center issues. We had bought it from expedia.ca and got 4 bar codes for our family (we had bought 4 tickets). If you've got bar codes, u have disney tickets and not a voucher and they are flex if you bought it under canadian resident discount..

They changed them this year to be date based; unless you paid extra for the ones that are not date-based. I lost the 20% discount last year because I upgraded to AP.

I didn’t pay extra for flex, so my Canadian resident tickets are dated, not flex. I bought directly from Disney though.

The rule has been, tickets purchased from Disney, if upgraded, are not bridged (value elevated to or imputed as selling price as of time of upgrade).

I was told as the offer is no longer in their system, any tickets already linked to a date cannot be changed unless we pay the difference for the tickets at regular price. This is not what CAA thought. The CM checked with a supervisor as well. I decided to keep my original dates. It’s also too late to change my DVC rooms and not have the points go into holding. That means you have 60 days before they expire and there are no rooms left, so essentially worthless.

We were able to keep our original date as well. Thank you to everyone for your replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter