Maybe dumb question-Refillable Mugs?

dsneygirl

<font color=blue>My little pirate is here<br><font
I said to DH that we would really get our money's worth out of the refillable mug program now and he replied "why bother when we have a fridge in the room"
So do you bother or use it? I was thinking especially around the WL pool since Roaring Forks is right there.

Hanname! We don't use "migs" (mugs), but they are available. Now I need to explaine my answer. We have a code saying here for mug questions...Hanname. ;)

We always take ours as we tend to visit other resorts like CSR which we love the pepper market and stayed there in 98 so we continue to take those mugs with us. We also like to stop over at the all stars especially for weekends to save on those points so we take those mugs with us also.

I think it depends on how long you are there. I would say 3 or more days and you should got your $$'s worth.

We have a whole routine around the mugs. We don't generally make coffee in the room, but the first one (or 2,3 whoever) up and ready takes a walk to get coffee and hot chocolate. When brought back others are up and ready to enjoy then get to the day. Definitely nice for hanging out poolside or in the overlook areas in the lodge or outside just to sip a cool drink. Then often as a wind down in the evening after parks as the kiddos hit the sack, a decaf on the balcony or a cool beverage of your choice. Nice in the studios to have a sturdier vessel than a plastic cup to use as well.

We also then enjoy them at home as souvenirs and reminders.

dianeschlicht said:
Hanname! We don't use "migs" (mugs), but they are available. Now I need to explaine my answer. We have a code saying here for mug questions...Hanname. ;)
Haname my DVC sister, Haname. In honor of Haname, I will be purchasing my first "mig" when we return home to sasatoga speigs in December.

mamaprincess said:
Haname my DVC sister, Haname. In honor of Haname, I will be purchasing my first "mig" when we return home to sasatoga speigs in December.
Ummm, Hanname has two "n"s in the original misspelling. :goodvibes

two "n"s maybe? lol!!!

We purchased the mugs once during an All Star trip and it was too much dang trouble to walk ALLLLLLL the way to get refills (or that first cup of morning coffee) to me. For the price of one mug, we can get 4-12 packs of soda or 3-12 packs and a pound of coffee....for one mug. If we ever go during the heat of the summer and want to hang out at the pools for more than an hour in the evening, then I can see it being worthwhile.

Also, we bought one of those filtered repeat use water bottles from Walmart so we dont purchase bottled water at the parks or for the room/pool/resort areas unless it is a scorcher day and nothing else will hit the spot - then we might buy one or two bottles - - - but nothing like we used to have to buy before we had the refillable, filtered one.

We use ours mostly at the BWV pool. With the pool bar handy we can keep getting refills of nice, cold coke. We usually refill 2 - 3 per day at the pool, so we feel we get our $$ worth and we have a souvenir to remember the trip!

Hanname!

dianeschlicht said:
Ummm, Hanname has two "m"s in the original misspelling. :goodvibes
I have blasphemed against the sacred name of Hanname but surely The Great Hanname will be merciful and allow me to refill my mig as a sign of my devotion. I will perform a sacrificial ritual and erase Sam Brown at the Wilderness Lodge from my dvr. Perhaps this will be enough.

mamaprincess said:
I have blasphemed against the sacred name of Hanname but surely The Great Hanname will be merciful and allow me to refill my mig as a sign of my devotion. I will perform a sacrificial ritual and erase Sam Brown at the Wilderness Lodge from my dvr. Perhaps this will be enough.
LOL, that's okay, since I mis-typed "m" instead of "n"! :badpc:

lol @ the sacred name!!!

(trust me - my typing is so bad that I normally wouldn't correct - but it was funny to me for both mamaprincess and Diane)

Hanname!!!

For the price of 2 mugs ( approximately $25 now ) you can buy a lot of drinks to put in the refridgerator and that's as far as you need to walk whenever you get thirsty. We bought them on our first trip to VWL, but quickly found that dragging them around with us or making the 5 minute trek down to Roaring Forks just to get a drink was not a good thing. Of course, we don't tend to eat at Roaring Forks very often except for the occasional take-out back to the room ( where we have a fridge filled with drinks anyway ). If you're spending a lot of time at the pool, just grab a bottle of water or whatever out of the fridge before you head down.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter