MBs as DVC and AP - No longer Sliders?

js

Been around since before the disboards 90s crash
Hi.

We received our MBs on Friday and although Im DVC amd AP we didnt receive our sliders for the bands. Do they no longer provide the sliders? I tore the box apart lol. Not a big deal but was just wondering.

Thank you.

Hi.

We received our MBs on Friday and although Im DVC amd AP we didnt receive our sliders for the bands. Do they no longer provide the sliders? I tore the box apart lol. Not a big deal but was just wondering.

Thank you.

DVC sliders stopped years ago but they do still give out AP sliders. Being from Canada they don't ship MB's to us at all but I've simply asked for the sliders when I activate my AP's and they get them for us (we normally do this at DS).

We activated new APs in October and ordered our new AP MBs that day. When they arrived, AP sliders were in the box. As JETSDAD says though, no more DVC sliders.

The AP sliders come with the AP magic bands. The AP bands are a separate order from the one attached to your on site resort reservation.

Ahhhh, thank you all so much!

I have quite a few DVC sliders still in plastic but thiught I would get AP.

We are activating our APs next month.

Thanks again!

Just for info: the sliders really don't do anything for discounts,even if a CM sees them. They have to see the AP card or DVC Membership card. They were training a lot of new CMs last time I was there, and the trainers really made a point of that to the trainees. This is because most anybody can get a DVC or AP slider on eBay. The sliders are just to make AP holders feel loved.

Just for info: the sliders really don't do anything for discounts,even if a CM sees them. They have to see the AP card or DVC Membership card. They were training a lot of new CMs last time I was there, and the trainers really made a point of that to the trainees. This is because most anybody can get a DVC or AP slider on eBay. The sliders are just to make AP holders feel loved.
Agree! I don't even wear mine. They make the MB uncomfortable.

I've never even thought about them for anything to do with discounts. We use them to hold on our MB's.

We are activating our APs next month.

Mince you’ve activated them you’ll be able to order the AP bands if you wish, and those should come with the sliders.

What you just received are the bands for your upcoming stay.

And unless you declined the ones for the other two parts of your stay, you should expect two more band shipments... (I usually don’t remember specific posters’ details, but I just answered in your other post, so I did this time)

Got my AP at MK in July, slider came in the box with my AP MB in August. Got DH & kids AP at HS in November - CM gave them sliders on the spot, none came with their AP MBs. I'm going with no rhyme or reason, and ask at GS next time if you want them.

Thank you. Yes, Im aware they dont do anything ut I pretend to feel the love when I wear them lol

Mince you’ve activated them you’ll be able to order the AP bands if you wish, and those should come with the sliders.

What you just received are the bands for your upcoming stay.

And unless you declined the ones for the other two parts of your stay, you should expect two more band shipments... (I usually don’t remember specific posters’ details, but I just answered in your other post, so I did this time)

Great and thank you for answering my other thread. I have a few more questions I added but your post helped me a ton! I did not decline my second set of bands but changed my color to match my outfits lol

I've never even thought about them for anything to do with discounts. We use them to hold on our MB's.

Yes I pretend Im special when I wear thrm lol They dont bother me and I. Annot tell I have them on the band.

When a CM sees our sliders, they will usually remind us about the discount. There have been a few occasions where we might have forgotten to get it otherwise.

My family received their AP renewal magic bands last week. There was a note included they were out of AP sliders at this time and to check back.

The sliders are on ebay for about $25us per slider. So if you have some and want to offset your park passes.
We have about 2 dozen over the years, but have yet to part with them, if ever.

The sliders are on ebay for about $25us per slider. So if you have some and want to offset your park passes.

Wow! Wonder if that is the price people ask or actually pay. Wouldnt think they would go for that much. Ill take a look around but not parting with them yet lol

AP sliders are out of stock until around March 2019. They will figure out how to distribute them when they are back in stock. This according to the insert in our magic band box we got in the mail today.

We are new members (just purchased last May), friends of ours went over thanksgiving and purchased and they were given the sliders. I called to ask and they said their person must have had some tucked away. I feel like I was cheated out of something special because we didn't get any. I know it's only a slider but why couldn't we get their salesperson. LOL'

Looking forward to booking our first trip as members later in 2019.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter