MCE & Car Rental

CamperMomma

Mouseketeer
Trying to get a budget for a trip next year, questions on DME and renting a car.

I looked at picking up a car at MCO vs picking up a car at the Car Care Center. Oddly, to my surprise, it was far cheaper at the CCC (of course this is many months out...things will change). So if we take DME to our hotel (Fort Wilderness) is there a shuttle that we could take from FW to CCC to pick up the rental car? I see that there is one for the reverse (CCC to resort), but nothing states if you could schedule one to pick you up.

Secondly, I've never used DME before. How early does it pick you up prior to your flight departing on the final day?

https://disneyworld.disney.go.com/guest-services/car-rental-services/

It's all under "complimentary shuttle service".

They need at least an hour lead time to pick you up and you have to be at the resort's pickup location. (Or at the pickup location for wherever you are)

After dropping off a car you let them know where on property you want to be taken, you go on a list for that location, and when the shuttle is ready they take you there.

Oddly, to my surprise, it was far cheaper at the CCC (of course this is many months out...things will change).

Book it if it's changeable/cancellable. Then keep checking.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter