MCO to Disney Springs by Uber (luggage by magical express)?

stout

Mouseketeer
We arrive into Orlando airport at 5:05pm after a quick flight. We are flying Southwest so will check as many bags as we can, taking only electronics and important things in a carry on. We were able to snag reservations at a restaurant in Disney Springs for 7pm. Would there be any problem with taking a Uber to Disney Springs and letting our luggage go by Magical Express? Will they take the luggage with tags on, if we don't actually take the bus? Will it get to our room if we don't formally check in until after 10pm? Thank you!

Yes they will take your bags to your hotel even when your not on the bus. The new system of check in using your MyDisney Experience you never have to go to the front desk anymore. All check in details and information will be handled over the app. Plus you must likely will be checked in by 3pm even before you land. So the Magical Express luggage service will put the bags in your room and you will be eating at Disney Springs.

Most people dont realize that the bags you travel with using Magical Express arent actually on the buses, they are in vans that are transported to the Hotels.

when did this change? I thought you had to be on the bus in order to have your luggage transported?

You should double check if that’s possible. MCO wasn’t allowing Uber to pick up at the airport.

They do now. Uber picked me up in Dec and dropped me off at Saratoga Springs. There is a special place for them to pick you up near where the taxis do.
Thanks for that update!! Our last trip was November ‘17 and we knew they couldn’t pick up then.

How much was the uber from MCO? We have a similar situation and I'm trying to figure out transportation.TIA

How much was the uber from MCO? We have a similar situation and I'm trying to figure out transportation.TIA

When we did an Uber from Saratoga to MCO last May, it was around $20 for the trip. It is going to depend on the time of day. Uber does have a fare estimator that can give you a ballpark idea of what the cost may be.

Approximately how long did the trip from SSR to MCO take? Thanks!
Trying to figure out which option is best.
$20 is great! There will be 4 of us w/ luggage.
The #@%$^& Uber app is not working on my phone, so can't check prices.

Last edited:
Approximately how long did the trip from SSR to MCO take? Thanks!
Trying to figure out which option is best.
$20 is great! There will be 4 of us w/ luggage.
The #@%$^& Uber app is not working on my phone, so can't check prices.
We always have a rental and on a good day with no traffic it is around 25 minutes. If it is rush hour, it can take up to 45 minutes to an hour. We also take a back road past Sea World since we do a split stay and we stay down the road between the airport and SeaWorld. The highway is a little quicker.

Get off the plane.
Pick up your luggage at baggage claim.
When you're completely ready to go, request the ride. The app will tell you which door.

We arrive into Orlando airport at 5:05pm after a quick flight. We are flying Southwest so will check as many bags as we can, taking only electronics and important things in a carry on. We were able to snag reservations at a restaurant in Disney Springs for 7pm. Would there be any problem with taking a Uber to Disney Springs and letting our luggage go by Magical Express? Will they take the luggage with tags on, if we don't actually take the bus? Will it get to our room if we don't formally check in until after 10pm? Thank you!
I would not make reservation on arrival day. You have no idea if your flight will be on time and if you miss your reservation you have now forfeited the reservation money. Unless you have the extra cash to blow then go ahead. For example if there is a storm and lightening at in the area of the airport, they pull all the airport workers off the tarmac and all flights are halted. Those waiting to land are put in holding patterns or forces to sit on the run way till the storm passes and they have a crew outside to guide the plane into the gate. So making an ADR on arrival day is not a good thing especially when your reservation is 2 hrs after you land. You leave yourself no room for error. This is coming from a wife of a pilot and he has experienced many difference types of delays that folks don't realize can happen such as the storm issued that is a common occurrence at MCO

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter