ME = Early Check-in?

keishashadow

Proud Redhead...yes, I have some bananas!
I've read a few threads on other boards where guests using ME indicate that their rooms are ready upon arrival @ their chosen resort - @ times before noon. Has anyone had this experience upon their DVC check-in using ME?

Not sure if it's a "fluke" they're reporting or a trend. TIA :banana:

ME "checks you in" when you check in at the airport. Therefore, the resorts get a little "heads up" when you are coming. If a room is either open early in the morning, or gets cleaned between the time you check-in at the airport....you are listed as "already waiting" for a room. It's a little "perk" that WDW is giving to those who use ME.

Many people have suggested listing yourself as using ME, and checking in, even if you then pick up a rental car.

:wave:

Beca

We used ME on 9/11. When we got to BWV at about 11:50 our room was ready. We also switched to OKW later in the week. Our room was ready before noon that day too.

We used ME on 9/24 for a stay at BCV and it didn't seem to help us get a room any earlier. Our flight landed at 11:50am and we arrived at BC around 1:00. Our room wasn't ready and we had to call to check on it a few times. Finally, around 3:30, it was ready. I hadn't made any special requests, except non-smoking. It was a Saturday, so maybe they were really busy with check-ins and check-outs.

Beca said:
ME "checks you in" when you check in at the airport. Therefore, the resorts get a little "heads up" when you are coming. If a room is either open early in the morning, or gets cleaned between the time you check-in at the airport....you are listed as "already waiting" for a room. It's a little "perk" that WDW is giving to those who use ME.

Many people have suggested listing yourself as using ME, and checking in, even if you then pick up a rental car.

:wave:

Beca
Interesting,,,worth a shot...not to appear doltish - are you saying that you sign up for ME, check-in @ MCO, then grab your luggage & head to the rental car pickup?

Also, how do you sign up for ME when staying on points...never paid attention before since we always rent a car. TIA

you call MS.

I have used DME and immediately got a great room at SSR.

by arrive time at the resort was 11:00am.

I had 2 sets of friends arriving before/just about noon, and they both had rooms ready when they arrived at BWV, using ME.

Bobbi :flower:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter