Meal Plan Confusion

jf256

Mouseketeer
I am so sorry if this question has already been answered. But how do the premium meal plan vouchers work?

We cancelled our WDW trip and i am trying to go to DLP in february. Yeah it will be cold but all good on that front.

Disneyland hotel is offering free premium full board. Newport is cheaper but no free meal plan means DLH works out a bit cheaper overall.I have an egg allergies and my OH is relatively fussy. So the set menu wont be the best fit for us.

Can i use the voucher on the alacarte menu?

California Grill was the one i have most concerns about the set menu is defo not our cup of tea but the alacarte looks great. Seeing as we would be staying there.. it would be a good option.

Also if someone could give us a little breakdown of how the meal plan works i would be grateful.

We were there in summer 2019 staying for 2 nights at the Disneyland Hotel. Our travel agent set it up but I believe that was the meal plan we had. I have family members with food allergies and things worked out fine. We did not have a meal at California Grill but can tell you our experiences where we ate. Breakfast was the regular breakfast at the hotel that was included in the package not the character one in the room next door and I could eat from the buffet but my DH and DM had items made for them and then were able to have a few things from the buffet. We had meals at Walt’s, Chez Remy’s, and I forget the name of the steakhouse in Disneyland Park. At each place they showed us the choices on the menu for our plan but were able to change some things to accommodate the allergies. Just like at WDW all the staff we encountered were wonderful. This was part of a 2 week London and Paris trip so I found a website Select Wisely that makes allergy cards with English on one side and whatever language you need on the other side. They do not have for every single one but the most common. I believe they did have egg but not positive. Hope this helps.

I found a website Select Wisely that makes allergy cards with English on one side and whatever language you need on the other side. They do not have for every single one but the most common. I believe they did have egg but not positive. Hope this helps.

I did the same for norway..

Found out allergic to eggs was 'allergisk mot egg' lol. We had a good laugh about it.. cost me £20.

Just a quick one.. was you able to order off the alacarte menu at the steakhouse?

Does anyone know if you can upgrade your premium menu to one of the different set menus for a fee?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!