Meal voucher question

allgrownup

Mouseketeer
If I purchase character meal vouchers from Get Away Today, can I make my reservation via the app 60 days out, or do I have to call the dining phone number?

Thanks in advance.

Make reservations any way you please. You'll just use the voucher to pay once you're there.

Next question. Will I be giving a credit card number to hold my reservation if I intend to pay by voucher?
If so, will a monetary hold be placed on the card?
I am trying to use my debit card as much as possible on advance planning, but if a dollar amount is being held for 60+ days, then that's a no-go.

Yes, a credit card is required to hold the reservation. If you do not cancel, you will be charged $10 per person.

Next question. Will I be giving a credit card number to hold my reservation if I intend to pay by voucher?
If so, will a monetary hold be placed on the card?
I am trying to use my debit card as much as possible on advance planning, but if a dollar amount is being held for 60+ days, then that's a no-go.

Yes, a credit card is required to hold the reservation. If you do not cancel, you will be charged $10 per person.

As the other poster said a CC is required to hold the reservation. They will run a pre-authorization temporary transaction of $1.00 per reservation, they want to make sure the CC is real. It will eventually go away and you are not charged. Also as the poster said if you are a no show they charge you a no show fee on your card.

Just curious. Is there any talk of DLR moving away from the vouchers and doing something more like WDW’s dining plans?

What is a recommended time for getting through security? Our reservation at Plaza Inn is at 8:10am. How early can/should we hit the lines?
Edit to add: We are staying at the Best Western Plus Anaheim Inn, across the street on Harbor Blvd.

Just curious. Is there any talk of DLR moving away from the vouchers and doing something more like WDW’s dining plans?
Unlikely. WDW is mainly a destination park, and DLR is not. Locals wouldn't buy a dining plan.

are the vouchers worth the money, how much do you save? We are going this sat, is that enough time to get vouchers?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!