Mears Warning

pgjam

Mouseketeer
I had a 8:00 am flight out of MCO from OKW so Mears wanted to pick me up at 4:55 am. A CM from OKW picked me up & drove me to the hospitality house & waited w/me. She waited till 5:00, no Mears & said I'm calling - they do this all the time. When she called Mears said that they had no record of a reservation. I gave the person my confirmation number & they said they would be there in 10 minutes which they were. The CM told me they do this frequently so 1) Don't wait too long to call & 2) keep the confirmation number handy.

pgjam

Pgjam, I am sorry for the problem you had with Mears. It's great though that you had an attentive CM to help you through it! We did use Mears once, a few years ago, and did not have any problems. But we have since found we prefer a towncar transfer. Your tips are sound ones! I would like to add that I always call the day before each leg of our transfer to confirm the reservation and pickup time. I think that a call ahead might nip any potential problems in the bud. Once, when I called to confirm our pickup to MCO from the Swan, the company we were using had our resort pickup point incorrect...I was glad I had called ahead of time!

pgjam
I am sorry to hear what happend to you and your family. The same sort of thing happened to us years ago with Mears. We will NEVER take them again. We almost missed our flight due to them. We now take a towncar like Tiffany or Your Ride (Your Ride is tops on my list for towncar service).

I am glad to read the OKW CM was quite helpful. Do you have the CM's name? You might want to write a complimentary letter/email lettng DVC know how the CM helped you. Even if you do not know the name, the more details (time, date, male/female, etc.) you can give, the better.

Thanks for the suggestion Judith - That's a great idea; she was great.

pgjam

I had a one way reservation for Mears on Sunday Feb 9. I called the day before, our flight was 5:00pm, they wanted to pick us up at POFQ at 1:25! Too early I said and asked whent the next one was. It was 1:55, I reserved that one. At 1:55 there were about 15 people waiting at POFQ. It was after 2:00, still no bus. One of the bellman called and said they were on their way. Showed up about 2:05, didn't leave until about 2:15 after getting all the luggage on. Then we stopped at OKW another 10 or 15 people got on. The little boy behind us (about 2 or 3 years old) announced he had to go to the bathroom and his mother whipped out a bottle or cup for him to go in and handed it across the aisle to her husband. Then their younger daughter kept screaming :rolleyes: It wasn't bad after that (time wise), we were at the airport a little after 3:00. They leave you off on level 1 and you have to drag your luggage up to level 3 (don't know if this is a post 9/11 rule, they used to leave you off on level 3, but it's been awhile). It was $16 for one-way for each of us (2), Tiffany would have been $45, so we saved $13 between us. We wished we would have just done Tiffany.

With all services, not just Mears, you need to schedule a pickup time early enough so that if they don't show up on time there is extra time to make a phone call to remind them.

Disney hints:
http://members.aol.com/ajaynejr/disney.htm

Last trip: Jan. 03 Part Motel 6, part All Star Sports
Next trip(?) Nov. 03, Pop Century(?)

The last time we used Mears (many,many years ago!:) ), we did have a pickup that allowed us time to call them if there was a no-show. After we called, they ended up sending a van that was full to tell us another van would be by to pick us up!!!! They got us to the airport within a half-hour of our departure time. We were the last ones on the plane and got the evil eye from the flight crew for holding them up. After that, we exclusively used Florida Town Car for transportation until we discovered the joy of renting a car.;)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter