Medievel Times dinner

jeffgwins

DIS Veteran
Hi all. i have tickets next month to go to the Medievel times dinner and show. Any tips on how to get the most out of my evening? We are going to the 7:00 show. I was just wondering what to expect.

Did you get the Royalty Package? I think it's a 10 dollar upgrade. It gets you closer but, there really is not a bad seat in the house. We loved it so much when we went for my son's birthday that we are going to do it again in June for our summer trip. The food is really good. We had a wonderful time.

Oh and go in with a totally happy mood. We did so much screaming and rooting for our knight. It's totally like a sporting event. Lot's of crowd participation. It was so much fun.

First time on this board, but saw your thread title.

Expect to have FUN!!! DH and I have been to Medieval Times several times, mostly in New Jersey since that is closer. I've been to the castle in FL twice (DH and DS4 once).

When you get there and get checked in, you will be given a crown in a particular color (red, black and white, yellow; blue, green, red and yellow) and colored tags which you give to the "serving wench". The cards just tell her where you are sitting. The color you recieve is the knight who you will be routing for.

The teams are separated by the semi-colon I used above. So if you are on the Red Knight's team, you will be routing for your knight plus the Black and White Knight and the Yellow Knight. The opposing team would be the Blue Knight, Red and Yellow Knight, and the Green Knight.

The fight scenes are choreographed so well and you will see actual sparks flying when swords clash together or on the sheilds. You will quickly find yourself cheering and routing for your knight along with the crowd.

While you are eating your dinner, the horses will be out and the horse master (sorry, don't know what they are called) will pretty much show them off to the crowd.

Most of the castles have "The Torture Chamber" which is a little extra (a few bucks) and shows the different torture devices used during that time. The FL castle has the Medieval Life Village, which unfortunately, is not like it used to be. There used to be "merchants" there that would demonstrate how things were done back then. For example, glass blowing. Since the last two hurricanes hit, they all cleared out and what is left is a "walk thru" you do on your own.

We were finally able to take our DS4 to his first Medieval Times tournament for his bday last June and he loved it so much that he wanted to come back the next day, lol. We took him again, this time in FL, last October when we went to Disney for a week. He loved it so much that he was standing on his seat yelling and cheering on our Yellow Knight with his yellow pendant (you can get pendants and flags to cheer your knight on).

We got the DVD from the castl and our son absolutely loves to watch it as well as the video clips on their website.

Thank you so much, this has been a terrific help. I am looking forward to it a lot now. Any more ideas? keep them coming, this is great!:banana:

Medieval Times is a BLAST! SOOOO MUCH FUN! I am going again in June and we have a 6:00 evening show booked. I want to explain a break down as well just for an extra something :) *OH AND THIS IS THE MT IN ANAHEIM*

First off if you didnt get a royalty package dont sweat it what so ever. There is not a bad seat in the place, the food is quite good I found and the entertainment is exceptional :thumbsup2 The only thing about The royalty package vs regular seating is about $10 and the fact that you get a CD with their advertisment on it and a booklet brochure which is just meh! Honestly after doing the Royalty package I am going to save myself the money and just do regular seating from now on, cause I just didnt really find it worth the extra money.

When you get to Medieval times you go to the ticket booth and get your tickets then you will head inside the building where 2 medieval guards stand by to let you in. You will then find the princess meeting you at the door. Someone will take your picture with her and you have the option of buying the picture later. You then get shuffled into another room where you are greeted and given a crown to wear which shows what color section you are sitting in either blue, green, yellow, white, black, red etc.

There will be a guy standing behind them by this one door which goes into a room which I guess is their torture chamber as it is a room full of torchure devices. You have to pay like $3.00 per person to walk around this tiny room. Just another cash grab, although I did go in and it was interesting but a bit sick to the stomach especially before dinner. Not something I recommend if you have a weak stomach.

You can bypass it and head into the outdoor courtyard and into the next building where you can get drinks before the show, and walk around the gift shops which have really cool items and the room has glass windows all around it and you can see the knights horses in their stalls. You can sit in the adult bar area to relax where their are the coolest suits of armor everywhere. (This place is so cool to take pics at)

As the show is about to begin you stand around waiting outside the arena doors and the king comes out calls up some children to his podium and knights them and then has his picture taken with them (Another fun money grab). He then does a speech which gets you all hyped up then calls out different color sections. As each color section is called you are allowed to enter the arena and sit down to enjoy the dinner and show.

As you are sitting in your color section (Say you are in the green section), a knight dressed in green will be your knight for the night and you cheer for him as he tries to win the heart of the Princess. Its a blast and let me tell you, if you have any younger ladies going with you, they usually have an eye full of yumminess as the knights arent all that bad lookin' HAHA!

Medieval Times is a BLAST! SOOOO MUCH FUN! I am going again in June and we have a 6:00 evening show booked. I want to explain a break down as well just for an extra something :) *OH AND THIS IS THE MT IN ANAHEIM*

First off if you didnt get a royalty package dont sweat it what so ever. There is not a bad seat in the place, the food is quite good I found and the entertainment is exceptional :thumbsup2 The only thing about The royalty package vs regular seating is about $10 and the fact that you get a CD with their advertisment on it and a booklet brochure which is just meh! Honestly after doing the Royalty package I am going to save myself the money and just do regular seating from now on, cause I just didnt really find it worth the extra money.

When you get to Medieval times you go to the ticket booth and get your tickets then you will head inside the building where 2 medieval guards stand by to let you in. You will then find the princess meeting you at the door. Someone will take your picture with her and you have the option of buying the picture later. You then get shuffled into another room where you are greeted and given a crown to wear which shows what color section you are sitting in either blue, green, yellow, white, black, red etc.

There will be a guy standing behind them by this one door which goes into a room which I guess is their torture chamber as it is a room full of torchure devices. You have to pay like $3.00 per person to walk around this tiny room. Just another cash grab, although I did go in and it was interesting but a bit sick to the stomach especially before dinner. Not something I recommend if you have a weak stomach.

You can bypass it and head into the outdoor courtyard and into the next building where you can get drinks before the show, and walk around the gift shops which have really cool items and the room has glass windows all around it and you can see the knights horses in their stalls. You can sit in the adult bar area to relax where their are the coolest suits of armor everywhere. (This place is so cool to take pics at)

As the show is about to begin you stand around waiting outside the arena doors and the king comes out calls up some children to his podium and knights them and then has his picture taken with them (Another fun money grab). He then does a speech which gets you all hyped up then calls out different color sections. As each color section is called you are allowed to enter the arena and sit down to enjoy the dinner and show.

As you are sitting in your color section (Say you are in the green section), a knight dressed in green will be your knight for the night and you cheer for him as he tries to win the heart of the Princess. Its a blast and let me tell you, if you have any younger ladies going with you, they usually have an eye full of yumminess as the knights arent all that bad lookin' HAHA!

Thank you so much mystic for all the information! I especially like the way you led us through the evening and yet didn't give away too much. I am really looking forward to this show.

Does anyone know if there are discount tickets to MT in the local papers or through the grocery stores? What about the entertainment book?
We are going in June :thumbsup2

Does anyone know if there are discount tickets to MT in the local papers or through the grocery stores? What about the entertainment book?

I haven't seen any in The Entertainment book. But you can sign up at their website to recieve notifications of discounts. DH just received one via email last weekend, for the one in MD. We also received one last September that was good until October 31, 2006 for the Kissimmie Castle. We used that one since we were going to be down there in October.

Also, check out if your company has any discounts. My company is signed up with Working Advantage and they have discounts available for MT. It's also where I bought our SeaWorld tix.

I have a $5 off adults and $3 off children coupon if you want it. PM if you do.

Also try getawaytoday.com for tickets. I got our tickets on there for I think 10 off I am not sure.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter