• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

meet & greet fastpass at MGM?

mommyflower

Mouseketeer
Are they still doing this? I know they were testing it at Al's Toy Barn during the summer. I just want to know if they are still testing it or not doing it any more. I really didn't like the idea of fastpass for meet & greets and am hoping they decided not to do it. Anyone been in MGM recently and seen this? Has anyone seen it tested any where else?

Welcome to the DIS, tabitha. :wave: I agree. I kind of like more spontaneity withthe characters and their appearances.

There was no fastpass at Al's Toy Barn when I was there in August. I was getting an autograph for some children on a postcard, so that they would get some mail from Buzz and Woody. I stood in line a long time. I would have loved a fastpass and found my spontaneity in a cooler spot :)

I like spontaniety, too, but I can sure find other ways to get some! Fast pass would be great for those character that sort of have "stations." I'm thinking Ariel's Grotto, Woody & Buzz, maybe inside the Judge's Tent in Toon Town, places like that....

I'd love to hear that!

I don't like the idea because unlike rides the characters are not constantly there. They have breaks in between. The way this was described to me broke my heart. A woman was standing in line with her very young daughter waiting to see buzz and woody. They were handing out fastpasses at a table around the corner, so most people were unaware of they were giving them out including the mother. So they wait there turn and just as they were about to meet buzz and woody a group comes up with their fastpasses and are told to go next. Now to a little girl this looks like butting in line. Even worse, when it was her turn it was time for their break so buzz and woody left and they had to wait even longer. This is really difficult to explain to very young children who are extremely excited to meet Mickey or who ever. On the rides it is ok because fastpass looks just like another line and the ride doesn't take a break. I could imagine getting stuck in the non-fastpass lane of a meet and great forever. Now if they want to give everyone an alotted time, kind of like manditory fastpass, I think that might work. But I think regular fastpass would make for a lot of upset little kids. JMHO. Being the mom of a 2 1/2 ds, I could see it as a problem.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter