Meet me at the Snuggly Duckling! A June 2018 TR. UPDATED 3/8

I loved BOG for dinner the time I went to it. My niece is going there Sunday. I am curious to hear what she says about the new menu. (although I will take it with a grain of salt because she is a very picky eater)

I am a picky eater too so if she liked it I probably would too. :laughing:

It's great that you were able to snag that BOG reservation and enjoy the food before it switched to its new menu. And no wait with the Beast was an added bonus!

Lovely castle shots. :goodvibes

I am really enjoying your great trip report! I am a nurse too, so I know how important it is to take lots of vacations to escape the stress of work!

Glad you enjoyed your dinner! I agree, sitting in the ballroom is so much more special than the other rooms! Cute pics with the Beast :) And how awesome seeing a rainbow when you got out!

When I got back from WDW this past trip I was curious so I looked up "WDW nurses" and there was actually a current job posting. They have nurses in every park. Might be an interesting job although I think the majority of what they deal with is 1) heat related illness 2)illness from eating too much garbage/motion sickness on the rides 3)falls and other minor injuries 4)dehydration 5)a few major incidents - stroke, heart attack etc.

I don't think I would have the patience to treat too many funnel cake induced illnesses. :laughing:

I'm certain! I've thought about that too and came to the same conclusions. I am guessing loads of bandaids, lots of cooling cloths, some Immodium, Tylenol, and Pepto.

BUT, that is very interesting about the Nurse's position. Very.

44285184042_2049e452c5_z.jpg

I've not done dinner at BOG and was disappointed with the ordering of lunch from the kiosks. It was super frustrating for us and the food was only so-so. But!!! The theming was super cool and for that reason I may go back and try dinner since it's TS. Keeping it in my back pocket.

I LOVE those 2 photos! Perfection!

I am really enjoying your great trip report! I am a nurse too, so I know how important it is to take lots of vacations to escape the stress of work!

So true! It is nice to get away and not have to worry about work for a bit and for me at least, not be tempte dot accept overtime shifts. :laughing: If I'm out of town I can't come in no matter how guilty I feel about it! :laughing:

I've not done dinner at BOG and was disappointed with the ordering of lunch from the kiosks. It was super frustrating for us and the food was only so-so. But!!! The theming was super cool and for that reason I may go back and try dinner since it's TS. Keeping it in my back pocket.

I LOVE those 2 photos! Perfection!

Yes, dinner may be more your speed but it is prix fixe now so come with a good appetite!

June 14 - Magic Kingdom

Mom and I found a good spot in the hub where we could sit and be comfortable while we waited for Happily Ever After. As some of you know I was very on the fence with my feelings about the show. I adore Wishes and I was so sad when it was replaced. I deliberately did not watch videos of Happily Ever After so I could get the full experience live and in person. I was eagerly awaiting 9:15 to see if it could live up to Wishes in my heart.

Since we had awhile to wait I decided to head back to the emporium to pick up a shirt I had seen earlier in the day that I liked. I had to ask a CM if they had any more sizes as all that were on the floor were small and medium. I was lucky and she found more in the back. :thumbsup2

There was still time to kill so I checked in with Mom and then wandered around to take some pictures.

This is the view from our spot.

Main St was jampacked!

I returned to Mom and we people watched while we waited. We felt badly for a CM that was in charge of the roped off wheelchair accessible section near our spot as she was constantly having to remind family members to not climb over or under the ropes. She was also in charge of telling people that they could not stop to watch the show on the path as it needed to remain clear. It was a thankless task for sure and we felt she should have had more CM's there to help as the situation was out of control. Way too much for one person to handle.

Here are a few pictures from Happily Ever After. Sorry for the quality!

I LOVED Happily Ever After. We had a great spot for viewing it as we got to sit, we were close enough to see the projections and far enough to get the full scope of the fireworks. Wishes is still number one in my heart but Happily Ever After is a worthy successor. That being said, enjoyment of the show really does depend on being in the hub area as it is heavily dependent on the projections so if you can't see them you are missing out on much of the show.

We decided to stay and see Once Upon A Time so I snapped a few photos while we waited for that show.

Once Upon A Time was good but I feel that after Happily Ever After it could't compare.

After Once we were ready to call it a day so we shuffled our way out of the park with the masses.

Overall, we had a fantastic day at the Magic Kingdom. It was a long day but we did a lot and had a lot of fun. I could not do the busy early morning rope drop to late night park close every day but a few times a trip is manageable.

Coming Up:Animal Kingdom and our first time exploring Pandora!

Cute shirt you bought!

I'm glad you ended up enjoying HEA! Wishes will always be so special, but this definitely is a good replacement!

You guys had a really long day at the MK! But I love how you watched FoF and HEA on the same day, felt like it made it an ultimate MK day. Although, I think if I ever do that I'll make sure it's not during the summertime. I'm sure by the time the fireworks rolled around you were tired from the heat.
Very cute shirt!

Glad to hear you liked HEA.

That shirt you bought is so darn cute! I love it!

Glad you enjoyed HEA! I can't wait to catch the full show on my upcoming trip!

I have to be the only person I know that isn't interested in BOG. I ate there once for lunch not long after they opened and found it to be OK. After my trip in November I may swear off TS meals for a bit, almost 3 hours wasted on some days.

I'm heading down in about 3 weeks and I may stay to see the show on the castle this trip. I have skipped it since they did away with the night parades opting to leave early and beat the crowds. The pictures make me think I may be missing something.

I LOVE this shirt!! Totally looking for it on my trip.

I returned to Mom and we people watched while we waited. We felt badly for a CM that was in charge of the roped off wheelchair accessible section near our spot as she was constantly having to remind family members to not climb over or under the ropes. She was also in charge of telling people that they could not stop to watch the show on the path as it needed to remain clear. It was a thankless task for sure and we felt she should have had more CM's there to help as the situation was out of control. Way too much for one person to handle.

I noticed that too. Those areas turned into a mob scene and I felt it was completely futile and a waste of my time to have patiently waited for so long in "my spot" only to be blocked and trampled at the last minute. They really need to find a solution to the crowd control.

I have to be the only person I know that isn't interested in BOG.

Nah, I went for lunch, and while the theming is cool, the food wasn't worth the hype. Granted, I didn't have the onion soup. The ordering kiosks were frustrating as well. I'd give dinner a try, but will skip lunch in the future for a while.

Cute shirt you bought!

I'm glad you ended up enjoying HEA! Wishes will always be so special, but this definitely is a good replacement!

I agree, Wishes had an emotional pull to it but HEA has that "WOW" effect.

I love HEA too, but unfortunately I never got to see Wishes. That shirt is fantastic!

That's sad that you never got to see Wishes as it was a great show but HEA is great as well.

You guys had a really long day at the MK! But I love how you watched FoF and HEA on the same day, felt like it made it an ultimate MK day. Although, I think if I ever do that I'll make sure it's not during the summertime. I'm sure by the time the fireworks rolled around you were tired from the heat.
Very cute shirt!

Glad to hear you liked HEA.

It was a very long day! I have sworn off summer parades after this trip, just too hot! The heat only really bothered us around the mid-day/parade viewing time. The rest of the day had us popping in and out of air conditioning frequently enough that it didn't impact us too much.

That shirt you bought is so darn cute! I love it!

Glad you enjoyed HEA! I can't wait to catch the full show on my upcoming trip!

I hope you get to see the whole show, it really is amazing!

I have to be the only person I know that isn't interested in BOG. I ate there once for lunch not long after they opened and found it to be OK. After my trip in November I may swear off TS meals for a bit, almost 3 hours wasted on some days.

I'm heading down in about 3 weeks and I may stay to see the show on the castle this trip. I have skipped it since they did away with the night parades opting to leave early and beat the crowds. The pictures make me think I may be missing something.

I enjoyed BOG dinner but the lunch I had a few years ago was only so-so. For me the appeal is the theming of the restaurant. I just love to sit in that ballroom. If the food were truly horrendous I would not go but dinner was delicious. We will see how the menu changes over the next few years.

I noticed that too. Those areas turned into a mob scene and I felt it was completely futile and a waste of my time to have patiently waited for so long in "my spot" only to be blocked and trampled at the last minute. They really need to find a solution to the crowd control.

Yes, so frustrating to find a spot and wait only to have it ruined at the last minute.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!