Meeting up at MCO with someone at different terminal

Miffy

DIS Veteran
My sister and I are flying separately into MCO. Our planes arrive at different terminals, but we want to meet up to take a car service to WDW. How does this work? Difficult? Easy? Thanks!

My sister and I are flying separately into MCO. Our planes arrive at different terminals, but we want to meet up to take a car service to WDW. How does this work? Difficult? Easy? Thanks!
The food court in the center of the airport is a good place to meet up. https://www.orlandoairports.net/getting-around-mco/#terminal-maps
If your using Disney's baggage delivery service, just meet up here (level 3) and then head down to level 1 on whichever side (A or B) that your ground transportation has arranged.
If not staying onsite or using Disney's luggage services, collect your luggage from baggage claim on level one and head back up to the food court on level 3. Grab a coffee/snack while waiting for your sister.

There's actually only one terminal at MCO. It's divided into A & B sides for convenience in identifying airline services and baggage claims, but everything is physically in the same building. Planes arrive at one of 4 airside pods, and everyone takes the automated shuttle to the terminal building to get their bags and reach ground transportation.

There are pick-up, drop-off, and ground transportation on both sides so it's convenient to all airlines. The main food court and shopping area is centrally located between both sides.

The food court in the center of the airport is a good place to meet up. https://www.orlandoairports.net/getting-around-mco/#terminal-maps
If your using Disney's baggage delivery service, just meet up here (level 3) and then head down to level 1 on whichever side (A or B) that your ground transportation has arranged.
If not staying onsite or using Disney's luggage services, collect your luggage from baggage claim on level one and head back up to the food court on level 3. Grab a coffee/snack while waiting for your sister.
I thought if you're not using DME, you're not supposed to use the luggage delivery service. Has that changed?

I just read the FAQs on the MCO website, which says that if you go past security you can't get back in. So my question is: Will I be able to retrieve my luggage and then get to the other terminal without going past security? Because I'll have to get my suitcase, as will my sister. Thanks again.

I just read the FAQs on the MCO website, which says that if you go past security you can't get back in. So my question is: Will I be able to retrieve my luggage and then get to the other terminal without going past security? Because I'll have to get my suitcase, as will my sister. Thanks again.

Once you leave the secure area to get your bags you can’t get back again bc you won’t have a ticket.

Just meet in the center before getting bags or if there’s a decent amount of time between the flights, get bags then go back up to the center area.

I'm a bit confused--if I can't get back in, how will I get back to the center area?

There's over an hour between the flight arrivals (edited: it's actually nearly 1.5 hours). If my plane's on time and my sister's is delayed, I'm going to take DME and this whole problem will be averted! But we're both going to have to get our bags, so I'm not exactly seeing how that would work. BTW, I retrieve my bag myself. I don't have DME take it--just my personal preference.

Thanks again!

I'm a bit confused--if I can't get back in, how will I get back to the center area?

There's over an hour between the flight arrivals (edited: it's actually nearly 1.5 hours). If my plane's on time and my sister's is delayed, I'm going to take DME and this whole problem will be averted! But we're both going to have to get our bags, so I'm not exactly seeing how that would work. BTW, I retrieve my bag myself. I don't have DME take it--just my personal preference.

Thanks again!

You can't re-enter the secure area, but you are free to roam the main area of the airport after you get your bags. You go to "Level 2" to get you bags and then return to "Level 3" to meet your sister. On "Level 3" There are seating areas just outside each security area, as well as the food court, and even a couple Disney Stores and other places to shop.

Here is the Official Disney MDE directions map if it's easier for you to read.
https://wdpromedia.disney.go.com/me.../faqs/pdf/DME-Confirmations-All-Gates-Map.pdf

It should help you in what you are looking for. The secure areas are basically just past where it says "Trains to Main Terminal" on the top and bottom of the map. You will not be able to go back past those once you have exited/

You can check bags then meet at the EarPort or Chick Fil A in the food court. Or you can meet her as she leaves the secure area after exiting from the shuttle tram.

***WHOOPS ... I meant RETRIEVE your bags ***

Last edited:
I guess I'm still confused. I'm not checking my bags but picking them up. We're both arriving. If I retrieve my bag will I or won't I be able to get to the other terminal to meet my sister?

So if I get my bag and go to the food court to wait, my sister can get her bag and meet me in the food court. Yes? And the car service that's picking her up will be in an area we'll be able to get to from the food court. If I now understand this. The bit about not being able to get back to place X because of being outside security threw me.

So if I get my bag and go to the food court to wait, my sister can get her bag and meet me in the food court. Yes? And the car service that's picking her up will be in an area we'll be able to get to from the food court. If I now understand this. The bit about not being able to get back to place X because of being outside security threw me.

Yes, it sounds like you've got it now.

As for the part above that I've bolded, think about when you will be returning to your home airport after your trip. When you fly in there, once you go out from the gate area past security, you will not be able to enter the secured area again (without a new boarding pass). Same thing at MCO, the area from the gates to where the trams (monorails?) connect to the main terminal is secured. The rest (everything from the Hyatt hotel at the top of the map @Jimsig linked (post 11 above) to the restrooms near the bottom of the map is considered outside security. (Same with Level 2 and Level 1 on Sides A and B, all outside of security -- you can roam these areas at will.)

Did you look at the terminal maps people linked for you?

I thought if you're not using DME, you're not supposed to use the luggage delivery service. Has that changed?
Oh no...did you really just go there???!!!

OK...basically here's the layout. MCO has one big center area, with shops and a large food court. Think of it as a big X. The center of the X is the main terminal. Ok. There are two 'sides' to the airport..Side A and Side B. The top two spokes of the X are Side A, the bottom two are Side B. When you arrive at your gate, upon arrival, you are on one of these two 'sides'. You are on level 3 at this point. You will leave your gate, follow the crowd to a tram that will take you to the main terminal. Don't get confused when you leave the gate area, walk up a ramp type thing and see a 'center area' with various walkways to other gates, with shops and food..this is a 'mini-center'..each of the four spokes has one. So, you hop on the tram, get off at the main terminal. If you arrive on Side A, you will stay on that side, following the signs to baggage claim. This will be on level 2, so you will need to take the escalator or elevator down a level. Get your bags and return back to level 3. This is where you will meet your sister....there's a very nice seating area smack dab in the middle. Or you can meet your sister in the baggage claim area for her airline....she has to go there anyway. That might be even easier, as long as you know what airline and flight number she's on. Her car service driver will, most likely, meet her at the baggage claim area so as to help with her bags. You will all then go down to level 1, ground transportation, to get to the car, with the driver.
Hope this helps a little!

See the map and explore the site.
Hey there, been a while since you've shown up here!!! Hope all is well.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!