meh about the kids macncheese?

jsternad

Mouseketeer
Were anyone else's kids pretty meh about the mac n cheese that's served everywhere? My kids love all things mac n cheese but I had to hound them to eat it at DW. It was often the only thing on the menu I could rely on, and as the week went on I noticed they really didn't care for it much.

I tried it, and I didn't really care for it either. It tasted like straight melted Velveeta on noodles. And my kids LOVE Velveeta shells and cheese, but this wasn't even as good. It needed more....creaminess? More milk added? I dunno. But it wasn't great.

It's not hard to make a simple cheese sauce that doesn't taste like it's straight from the cardboard rectangle. This was pretty much the only thing I was disappointed in. Anyone else?

My normally adventurous eater only wanted that mac n cheese for 6 days straight. He was mad one morning when I told him he could not have mac n cheese for breakfast. Kids are weird.

My normally adventurous eater only wanted that mac n cheese for 6 days straight. He was mad one morning when I told him he could not have mac n cheese for breakfast. Kids are weird.

LOL! It just seemed like the cheese sauce was too thick. Or something.

It was a nope for my kiddo as well. He's pretty picky about the type of cheese used and really only likes either white cheddar (Annie's style) or full-on kraft. We had to stick to rice, flatbreads or outright pizza.

YES YES YES Times a thousand!!!!! We have the same Mac here At Disneyland and my kids HATE it! My daughter has texture issues so it's definitely a No go for her but my son eats anything and everything on his plate and he HATES it. I understand they have to make it in huge batches but you'd think they'd make it a little better. I always look at the menu's to see If they show pictures of the Mac to see If we'll be eating there or not.

YES YES YES Times a thousand!!!!! We have the same Mac here At Disneyland and my kids HATE it! My daughter has texture issues so it's definitely a No go for her but my son eats anything and everything on his plate and he HATES it. I understand they have to make it in huge batches but you'd think they'd make it a little better. I always look at the menu's to see If they show pictures of the Mac to see If we'll be eating there or not.
based on park I work at, non Disney, it is possible that it comes premade and just heated. also depends on how long it has been sitting in the warmer esp if eating at an off time

DD10 loved the adult Mac n cheese at Homecomin! She refused to share it with any of us.

My son only had mac n cheese once, as a side at Jiko. He inly told me he liked my Bobotie Mac n cheese way better. :)

The QS mac and cheese seems sort of yucky, but most of the TS kind were okay for my kids. They loved the mac at Crystal Palace.

I'd have to agree. It's basically Stouffer's Mac and cheese. I ordered macaroni au gratin at Chef's de France and it was more of a baked alfredo sauce, but SO MUCH better. The cheese was burned a bit at the top (in a good way) and it melted in my mouth. I highly recommend giving that a try if you can make a reservation there.

Yep, my child didn't like the Velveeta Mac n' Cheese AT ALL. Not one little bit. I couldn't even get her to eat one noodle of it.

However.... I LOVE the stuff! And I'm glad it's hard to buy Velveeta in any affordable quantity in Canada.

I weirdly really love the Disney mac n cheese. There's something about it that just seems really familiar and comforting to me, even if it's not the best ever.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter