"Member" Room Keys and Renters

Should "Member" only be printed on the room cards of those who have Member ID?

• Owner/Non-renter - Keep it the way it is... who cares

• Owner/Non-renter - Change it - Give "Member" status only w/ DVC ID

• Owner/Renter - Keep it the way it is - it makes renting easier

• Owner/Renter - Keep it the way it is - it doesn't make a difference

• Owner/Renter - Change it - Give "Member" status only w/ DVC ID

• Renter - Keep it the way it is - I rent for the benefits

• Renter - I could care less whether it says member or not

• Renter - Take "Member" designation off cards of non-members

• Other - please comment below

Results are only viewable after voting.

HookdonWDW

<font color=990066>Yankee Girl in a Southern Belle
Okay, now I freely admit that I may feel this way because I don't rent out points, but, I have to say that it bothers me when I read the frequent posts from renters on various boards stating that they rented points, and it's great because its so cheap, and they still get DVC Member Benefits like poolhopping because of their room keys. I feel that those benefits should only go to members, as a reward for purchasing Memberships in DVC.

I was wondering how many others here might feel the same as I feel. Since the Member Guidebook states that The member benefits described in this Gudebook are made available by DVD as a courtesy to DVC Members, and, in some cases, their guests who have paid no compensation to the DVC Members. , only members and their accompanied guests (another section states that the guests that receive the benefits must be staying with a DVC Member) should receive "Members" room cards.

All they would have to do is ask the member to show their Member Card when they sign in at the Front Desk. If you have a card, you get "Member" on your room key. If you don't have it, you get a regular room key, just like those who are renting rooms from CRO.

Okay, I feel that "MEMBER" should only be printed on the keys of actual members.

That being said, I am totally confused by the choices in your poll.
What should I vote that would reflect my opinion above? :confused:

MG

Ahhh... Got it now! I voted "Owner/Non-renter - Change it - Give "Member" status only w/ DVC ID"

Is that right? I am an owner who does not rent their points, but would like to see "MEMBER" only on the cards of actual members. :cool:

MG

I don't really care too much that it says member.
I plan on using points for myself and family and/or friends only and if I'm not going with them I would like for them to be able to have member on their key for any type discounts they might be interested in. (Although, we didn't use any of these discounst on our past trip.)

I rented once before joining and our key did say member, but to be honest I never tried to get any discounst with it and even for that matter know what they were.

What about if you give or rent points to relatives or friends? They are not going to have a Member card, but if they are our guests why shouldn't they enjoy the benefits we have paid for?

As a renter, part of the appeal is having those benefits.
Without them, I would just go to one of the Moderate resorts, and a member looking to rent out their points would lose out.

Either way, the benefits have been paid for, so why should they not be taken advantage of regardless of who checks in? It sounds pretty silly to me.

okay back when DVC first started - you were surpose to tell MS when you rented - the renter was not to get the tickets - (we had free tickets then) - however if you gave (no charge) a reservations to your friends or family they got the free tickets.

but it didn't work then - I don't why - it might be the key system - but if it goes through MS then your get member on the key - it goes through CRO (or Disney Travel or whatever they are calling themselves) it doesn't.

I think if DVC could have changed it they would have.

What about if you give or rent points to relatives or friends? They are not going to have a Member card, but if they are our guests why shouldn't they enjoy the benefits we have paid for?

YIKES! I'm agreeing with PKS44! LOL ;)

I woudl prefer to keep it the way they have it, but if they changed it it wouldn't be too upsetting to me.

Really, I think that members and their guests should have "member" on thier card, but renters for $$$ should not. In reality, enforcing it would be difficult. It would rely upon the honesty of both the renter and the members to tell MS if they are renters or guests.

Without a way to actually check out whether someone IS a "guest" or a "renter", it is best to leave it as it is.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter