Memorable Rainbow Souvenir

Momager

Mouseketeer
We're going to The World as a family in 15 days!!!

My middle daughter (13) is gay :rainbow: and I would love to get her something rainbow that shows I support her (even though she already knows lol), and something she could cherish for years to come.
I would love some suggestions to look for before we get there!!

She's not very "girly" Doesn't wear jewelry or anything. She is an amazing Brazillian Jiu-Jitsu and MMA fighter. I kinda doubt Disney has anything like that at all (especially rainbow), but figured it's worth mentioning if there's a chance!

That's all I can think of for now. Feel free to ask any questions, and give suggestions!!!

Thank you!!! 🏳️‍🌈🏳️‍🌈🏳️‍🌈

Momager,
Have a wonderful trip and thank you for being such a cool and supportive parent. There are a number of rainbow items that are available for both girly-girls and the rest of us that can be long term keepsakes. When my wife and I go back in January I plan on getting one of the rainbow hands heart baseball caps to add to my hat collection and my wife/partner of 26 years will get the new rainbow pandora jewelry charm to add to her jewelry collection. They have limited athletic items but some nice leather rainbow bracelets that can be personalized. And of course the new magic band. One of the best parts of Disney shopping for us is finding that souvenir gem that speaks to us. You and your daughter will know it when you see it. Have fun exploring for the perfect keepsake.

There's lots of stuff in park and on property, ranging from the aforementioned hats and ears to pins and tumblers. I have three different rainbow tumblers (I use one at work), all the rainbow Disney pins I can find and rainbow ears with my name on them. You can totally find a shirt or something in a store...they're fairly prevalent.

I just purchased two fall color rainbow scarfs at Claire’s in their Halloween section for my favorite couple. I loved that they were rainbow but had more of a fall hue instead of traditional rainbow colors. I hope they like them I just mailed them from Florida to California. They are lightweight fabric with black fringe. I think about $19 but they had a buy one get one free discount on Halloween items.

Pins, they have a ton of lovely ones. Lots of great t-shirts too. Water bottles as well. The rainbow is everywhere at Disney parks, something for everyone.

Rainbows belong to everyone and it should be representative of everyone's right to love who they want rather than a reminder of a genocidal act. 🏳️‍🌈🏳️‍🌈🏳️‍🌈🏳️‍🌈

You will find quite a bit of rainbow merch. There are at least two rainbow Mickey trading pins and a rainbow magic kingdom logo patch from the newish "Patched" series. These are small embellishments that can be added to a jacket or a kit bag (for martial arts practice maybe).

Whatever you settle on, it might be taken well if you bought a matched pair and wear one yourself.

You can take a look at the rainbow collection in the shop Disney site. But if nothing there really feels like a great fit, I would search on sites like Etsy and Redbubble. There are a RIDICULOUS amount of artists creating designs for t-shirts, phone cases, blankets, hoodies, etc. on those websites. They are often more creative than Disney's merch and you will find an abundance of queer/rainbow options. Searching anything like "gay disney," "rainbow disney," "queer disney" etc will bring up more than you could probably hope for.

If those arent a good fit, I agree with others that pins are a nice option.

My middle daughter (13) is gay :rainbow: and I would love to get her something rainbow that shows I support her (even though she already knows lol), and something she could cherish for years to come.

She's not very "girly" Doesn't wear jewelry or anything. She is an amazing Brazillian Jiu-Jitsu and MMA fighter. I kinda doubt Disney has anything like that at all (especially rainbow), but figured it's worth mentioning if there's a chance!

That's all I can think of for now. Feel free to ask any questions, and give suggestions!!!

We went to Disneyland recently and I saw a lot of cute rainbow ldbtq shirts. I would take a look on Etsy. You can probably find a lot of options on there for what you’re looking for.

Last year I was solo in Disneyland and picked up some rainbow Mickey ears for my son. We took him over the summer and he bought a couple trinkets but he told me the Mickey Ears was his favorite.

you can get the pride charm from Pandora. But this may lead to getting more pandora charms LOL!

I think just being an awesome mom like you are is the best thing ever. Seriously though you have no idea how great that support is.

I don’t own one rainbow thing I think it’s tacky :-x

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts