Memories Wedding

Beverley21

Earning My Ears
Hi, I'm after any advice. I've booked my Memories package vow renewal (25 years) for this September. There are only 6 of us going (all adults) and it's at 11 am in the morning. I'm not sure of the best way to go about doing food as Disney don't do food reception with a memories package. We have the dining plan while we are there so not sure if we should stay in our wedding attire and go somewhere maybe Disney Springs or it would be better to change and be able to eat in one the restaurants in a park or even do food in the evening. I'm open to any suggestions as a little lost at the moment and the dates are coming up for me to book restaurants. Thank you in advance.

If you did want to do a private catered event, Disney's Fairy Tale Weddings has started allowing Memories couples to book those through their DFTW planner. You could do a 2-hour catered meal directly after your vow renewal, or make it into an evening meal/dessert party (like in front of fireworks at Epcot)! And because you're planning via DFTW, you are allowed to wear your bridal attire at any event you plan inside the park.

If you're more interested in making a regular dining reservation, a lot of couples book character dining so they can have photos with characters in their bridal attire.

Thank you for replying, I will have a chat with my planner and see what they say as everything I’ve read so far says that I can’t include food unless I want to go for the next package up.

You are not able to add food to the Memories package—meaning you cannot have food served at the ceremony. But you are able to add a separate catered meal someplace else, like one of the smaller rooms at the Grand Floridian Convention Center. Or a dessert party or meal in one of the parks. This page has all the info on planning private catered events. You would just do it via your wedding planner rather than the phone number I list for Disney Catered Events: https://disneytravelbabble.com/how-to/private-party/

Congrats on 25 years together! A Memories vow renewal seems like such a fun way to mark the occasion.

You have SO many options for food. You can book a formal private catered meal and do it all to the nines, or you can make a more casual dining reservation at a restaurant and even get character pictures if you go to a character buffet. While a private catered meal is the must traditional reception option, I think a wonderful idea to consider would be doing a dessert party. Since your vow renewal is in the morning, an evening fireworks desert party might help your vow renewal feel like a more substantial, all-day event. And since your vow renewal is in September, you might even be able to still see IllumiNations, which I think is just a wonderful celebration of unity among humanity. I can’t think of a better way to cap off a vow renewal!

Whatever you decide, I hope you have many more happy memories together at Disney! :)

Thank you for the reply, I do like the sound of a dessert party. We will be staying at Beach Club so could easily walk over to Epcot. My wedding planner has also replied to me to say that as long as my dress doesn’t have anything flowing or something that could catch on a ride there is nothing stopping me wearing it to a park so that also opens up some more options.

If you did want to do a private catered event, Disney's Fairy Tale Weddings has started allowing Memories couples to book those through their DFTW planner. You could do a 2-hour catered meal directly after your vow renewal, or make it into an evening meal/dessert party (like in front of fireworks at Epcot)! And because you're planning via DFTW, you are allowed to wear your bridal attire at any event you plan inside the park.

If you're more interested in making a regular dining reservation, a lot of couples book character dining so they can have photos with characters in their bridal attire.
Hi,
I'm also having a memories package next year but do you know how much this catered event would be at a minimum?
Also, would a photographer be included or would I need to find someone?

Hi,
I'm also having a memories package next year but do you know how much this catered event would be at a minimum?
Also, would a photographer be included or would I need to find someone?

The cost is going to depends on the venue you choose and how many people you have. I have complete details and pricing for all venues in my Fairytale Weddings Guide and lots of info in this post: https://fairytaleweddingsguide.com/dessert-party-how-to/

You can either pay Disney to send a photographer for the dessert party or you can hire your own (usually cheaper and you're guaranteed to get someone whose style you like). There is a $120 media guide fee if you bring an outside photographer to an in-park event, but if it's important to you to have an outside photographer, the fee is totally worth it.

The cost is going to depends on the venue you choose and how many people you have. I have complete details and pricing for all venues in my Fairytale Weddings Guide and lots of info in this post: https://fairytaleweddingsguide.com/dessert-party-how-to/

You can either pay Disney to send a photographer for the dessert party or you can hire your own (usually cheaper and you're guaranteed to get someone whose style you like). There is a $120 media guide fee if you bring an outside photographer to an in-park event, but if it's important to you to have an outside photographer, the fee is totally worth it.
Thank you so much

Hi, I'm after any advice. I've booked my Memories package vow renewal (25 years) for this September. There are only 6 of us going (all adults) and it's at 11 am in the morning. I'm not sure of the best way to go about doing food as Disney don't do food reception with a memories package. We have the dining plan while we are there so not sure if we should stay in our wedding attire and go somewhere maybe Disney Springs or it would be better to change and be able to eat in one the restaurants in a park or even do food in the evening. I'm open to any suggestions as a little lost at the moment and the dates are coming up for me to book restaurants. Thank you in advance.
Hi,

Can I ask if you have decided to eat anywhere after the ceremony? We're in the same boat and a little unsure what to do/where to go after the wedding?

Hi, yes after many discussions we decided to book The Boathouse for food. We thought about the dessert party but wanted to eat after the ceremony rather than change to go to a park and then change again for the evening. We thought this way there is something for everyone to pick off the menu and a nice place to get some of our own photos done and we will have the evening to do whatever we want and be more relaxed. Our wedding planner said that most people, if getting married in the morning, book a restaurant at Disney Springs as it gives you so much choice. Hope this helps you make a decision, I know it’s not easy!

Hi, yes after many discussions we decided to book The Boathouse for food. We thought about the dessert party but wanted to eat after the ceremony rather than change to go to a park and then change again for the evening. We thought this way there is something for everyone to pick off the menu and a nice place to get some of our own photos done and we will have the evening to do whatever we want and be more relaxed. Our wedding planner said that most people, if getting married in the morning, book a restaurant at Disney Springs as it gives you so much choice. Hope this helps you make a decision, I know it’s not easy!
Aww thank you, I'm sure we'll end up doing something similar. I want to wear my dress for as long as possible haha

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts