Memory Maker Purchase - displayed on website but not on app?

Wubar

Stop asking about "worth". Totally subjective.
I recently purchased MM in advance for our upcoming trip to WDW in January 2018. If I check on my MDE website under "My Reservations", it lists my resort reservation info, ticket info, FP+ info, Dining Reservations, and Memory Maker (displaying a confirmation code and that it is assigned to me).

However, if I check the MDE app on my phone under the "My Plans" section, I can see all of the same information listed above EXCEPT Memory Maker. Under "My Photos", it lists 3 options: Buy MM, Find photographers, and Link Photopass. I assume Photopass is for AP holders (not applicable to myself - yet), and I don't need to find any photographers right now. But should I be seeing confirmation that I did purchase MM, so it mirrors the website? I wasn't sure if something would become active once we arrived onsite in January, but I wanted to make sure everything was linked and showing up properly beforehand.

Thanks in advance!

It's not uncommon for a few things here and there to not load and the website not mimic the app and vice versa. Try logging out of the app and logging back in.

As long as you know you purchased it, it's linked to your mde, and you can see it either on the website or on the app, then I wouldn't worry about it

There’s no need to worry that it isn’t showing on the app as @CAS239 stated.

All Photopass photos will link to your MDE app each day. This is true for all guests whether or not they’ve purchased MM.

Thanks CAS239 and hiroMyhiro!

In hindsight, I should have known that regardless of whether MM was purchased in advance, all photos would be loaded onto MDE if given proper access (properly linked plastic card or Magicband). After all, just because you didn't buy MM before your trip doesn't mean Disney isn't going to make the photos available in case you want to buy individual photos during/after your trip, right? Here's hoping one day the MDE website and app will talk to each other on a consistent basis!

Last edited:

As an update (not that it matters), but I just talked to Disney GS and Ticket Services ( roll of the dice at times, but I digress)...they confirmed that my confirmation code for MM is valid, but that it may not show up on MDE because it was purchased after the original reservation as part of a stand-alone item. I noted that it had always displayed on the website MDE, just not the app MDE. TS noted that MM doesn't always (ever?) show up properly in the app, as the website must be used to download and view pictures, and the app isn't designed to fully utilize MM. I noted that there is a section under "My Plans" for MM where you are prompted to buy MM, link MM, or link Photopass, and I merely wanted to confirm that Disney was recognizing that I had already purchased MM. He noted it was a glitch, but not to worry, it was properly linked within their system so our Magicbands will properly activate and recognize any Photopass opportunities when scanned.

I would hope that if you already had MM, then the app wouldn't prompt you to buy it again, which was what was concerning me. But as long as all is linked on their side, I should be good to go...

Last edited:
Just to let you know, you can view and download your photos from the app. You have to do it photo by photo. But on the website you will be able to download all your photos and the stock photos as zip files for faster downloading.

Just to let you know, you can view and download your photos from the app. You have to do it photo by photo. But on the website you will be able to download all your photos and the stock photos as zip files for faster downloading.

Thanks CrazyHare!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter