Menu suggestions?

UpstartCrow

Earning My Ears
Hi, all! We have to submit our menu tasting thing in about a month, so we've been looking through the options for the create-your-own dinner buffet. It's a little overwhelming, so I thought I'd ask if anyone had things that they really loved/hated at their reception, cocktail hour, DP, you name it. What add-ons were worth it, what ones weren't? How many things that weren't on the sample menus did you successfully have Disney re-create?

I know the mini lobster clubs are popular for the cocktail hour- those are one of about two things that we're pretty confident we're going to end up getting. :rotfl:

My advice is always to taste things that you don't know what they taste like. So don't waste a tasting slot on steak or Mickey waffles or Le Cellier's cheddar cheese soup. Also, to taste things that Disney might screw up. So if you're having them replicate a dish, definitely taste it. If you're worried the chicken that sounds good on paper will be dry, taste that.

My advice is always to taste things that you don't know what they taste like. So don't waste a tasting slot on steak or Mickey waffles or Le Cellier's cheddar cheese soup. Also, to taste things that Disney might screw up. So if you're having them replicate a dish, definitely taste it. If you're worried the chicken that sounds good on paper will be dry, taste that.

Oh, absolutely! I really meant more in terms of menu creation than the tasting specifically. The problem is DF and I LOVE food, and we’re fairly adventurous eaters, so just about EVERYTHING on the menus Disney sent us looks good to us. :laughing: So, I was just wondering if anyone had personal recommendations for things that were big hits at their weddings (or, on the other hand, things that were completely awful). I realize there’s no accounting for taste, but anything at all that could help us pare things down would be great. :)

These were our three appetizers during our cocktail hour.

›Compressed Truffle Macaroni and Cheese
Petite Lobster Clubs on Brioche Toast
Warm Brie and Carmelized Onion Tart

For our entree, I really liked these.
Pan Seared Mahi Mahi with Lemoncello Butter Sauce
Three Peppercorn & Whole Grain Mustard Rubbed Beef Strip Loin

I asked them if they could make a filipino dish called pancit which is like lo mein and they were able to do that.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!