Merchandise harassment has started

CampbellzSoup

Son. Husband. Father.
So we were just browsing in the store and some lady who had a different colored name tag came up to us and noticed us looking and said hey I see your an annual pass holder did you get the annual passholder pins?

I politely said no then she directed me to the newest stuff she just got in the store and how they’d make a great souvenir for this trip. Again I told her we’re just browsing until my mom came back from the restroom. She then suggested great gifts for Mother’s Day...

I saw this mentioned on this weeks show and then just thought about how funny it was...perhaps this is a usual occursnce? However, I perhaps took notice of t because it was mentioned on the recent show, and that push has never happened to me before.

This was at animal kingdom mind you...maybe the lady was just being helpful? However it was just so coincidental.

So we were just browsing in the store and some lady who had a different colored name tag came up to us and noticed us looking and said hey I see your an annual pass holder did you get the annual passholder pins?

Was the name tag blue? If so, she's a CM who's been recognized with the Legacy Award. CMs are nominated for that award by their peers for going above and beyond to improve guests' experience in an exceptional way.

Was the name tag blue? If so, she's a CM who's been recognized with the Legacy Award. CMs are nominated for that award by their peers for going above and beyond to improve guests' experience in an exceptional way.

Well, if the DIS team is right then we might start seeing green CM name badges for those CMs who went above and beyond in bringing in money to the corporation ;)

(Personally I just hope it means there is more integration between the parks and products so they connect better not just that people are pushier with selling T-shirts)

Goodness I don't know what to think. After watching the podcast & hearing their expert opinions, DH & I are wondering if we're going to feel "hasseled" to buy merchandise at WDW in the near future. I really, really, really hope this is not the experience they will be giving guests.:sad2: Please keep us posted if something like this happens to you again, and have a great trip!

Goodness I don't know what to think. After watching the podcast & hearing their expert opinions, DH & I are wondering if we're going to feel "hasseled" to buy merchandise at WDW in the near future. I really, really, really hope this is not the experience they will be giving guests.:sad2: Please keep us posted if something like this happens to you again, and have a great trip!
I’ve shopped in several different places this week and never once felt hasseled by any CMs.

I politely said no then she directed me to the newest stuff she just got in the store and how they’d make a great souvenir for this trip. Again I told her we’re just browsing until my mom came back from the restroom. She then suggested great gifts for Mother’s Day...

I'm so sorry this traumatic event happened to you.

One person might say "Disney is giving me the Hard Sell!"

Another person might say "That CM was trying to be friendly."

It is hard to thread the needle...

If you're always looking for a negative you're gonna find one.

Last edited:

Of all the things one has to worry about it life... I'm fairly certainly getting harassed by Disney World employees to buy a pin is not one of them.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!