Merrytime Cruise Questions

msmama

DIS Veteran
We leave on Saturday (YAY) for our Merrytime/Marvel cruise. I've been thinking so much about the marvel day, I've been ignoring the Merrytime part.

Is Santa just the one day? Does his line get long? He's not ticketed, right? (I promised my kid we wouldn't have to do the mall Santa if we did it on the cruise).

Are the characters in festive winter attire? Just that one day or other days, too?

I know to get tix for gingerbread making when we board - do they do that multiple days or just on the Merrytime day?

Looking back at old navigators it seemed like the only other "festive" thing was story time with Mrs. Claus.

Anything else I should know about? Anything not to miss? Mostly we like to see the characters dressed in as many different outfits as possible.

I have family cruising now, the festive outfits began on day 1. I would anticipate that they change outfits throught the cruise line normal. Like for formal night etc. They do a tree lighting ceremony on board as well.

We leave on Saturday (YAY) for our Merrytime/Marvel cruise. I've been thinking so much about the marvel day, I've been ignoring the Merrytime part.

Is Santa just the one day? Does his line get long? He's not ticketed, right? (I promised my kid we wouldn't have to do the mall Santa if we did it on the cruise).

Are the characters in festive winter attire? Just that one day or other days, too?

I know to get tix for gingerbread making when we board - do they do that multiple days or just on the Merrytime day?

Looking back at old navigators it seemed like the only other "festive" thing was story time with Mrs. Claus.

Anything else I should know about? Anything not to miss? Mostly we like to see the characters dressed in as many different outfits as possible.

It depends on cruise and length but our also had a winter ball atrium party (singing, Santa came our and waved, the characters all danced-this was separate from tree lighting). There was also a holiday deck party, reading with Mrs claus, and holiday music karaoke one night.

On ours Santa was out twice for meet and greets. The line did get really long. Not ticketed, but we got in line 20 minutes early for this. They had hot choclate and cookies set up while you wait.

Gingerbread house making was offered on 3 different days, but the tickets did go fast.

Where do you ask for tickets for the gingerbread house making? Guest services?

I have been trying to make sure I figure this out as well, since we wanted to get tickets for this event too. I looked through an old navigator from last year and it seems like you get the tickets at the Port Adventures desk. I remember getting some meet and greet breakfast tickets at the port adventures desk as well on our first cruise. Of course this could change from time to time.
Good luck.:shamrock:

http://disneycruiselineblog.com/wp-...nder-7N-Bahamian-Day-1-Galveston-20161223.pdf

Where do you ask for tickets for the gingerbread house making? Guest services?

I have been trying to make sure I figure this out as well, since we wanted to get tickets for this event too. I looked through an old navigator from last year and it seems like you get the tickets at the Port Adventures desk. I remember getting some meet and greet breakfast tickets at the port adventures desk as well on our first cruise. Of course this could change from time to time.
Good luck.:shamrock:

http://disneycruiselineblog.com/wp-...nder-7N-Bahamian-Day-1-Galveston-20161223.pdf

Those things are now available for scheduling ahead, when you do online check-in. At least the special meet & greets and character breakfast are; not sure about gingerbread houses. This is relatively new since last year's Merrytime sailings. You might want to check online.

If you don't sign-up online, I believe there may be some tickets held back. I'm not sure if that's with Guest Services or Port Adventures, though.

Enjoy your cruise!

Those things are now available for scheduling ahead, when you do online check-in. At least the special meet & greets and character breakfast are; not sure about gingerbread houses. This is relatively new since last year's Merrytime sailings. You might want to check online.

If you don't sign-up online, I believe there may be some tickets held back. I'm not sure if that's with Guest Services or Port Adventures, though.

Enjoy your cruise!

For our MerryTime cruise, the character breakfast, Princesses Gathering, and Frozen Gathering are available to schedule online. Gingerbread house building is still something you set up after boarding.

For our MerryTime cruise, the character breakfast, Princesses Gathering, and Frozen Gathering are available to schedule online. Gingerbread house building is still something you set up after boarding.
Where do you sign up for this?

The whole ship is decked out for Christmas. The characters & CMs wear holiday clothing. They still dress formal for formal night, & beachy at the beach...Lots of clothing changes. There is the Gingerbread house activity, Santa, a holiday show in the atrium, etc. Castaway Cay is decorated for Christmas, too.

At the Port Adventures Desk.
So, just to be clear, that is where you sign up for the Gingerbread house? Last time I went to sign up for something (Can't remember what) I waited in Guest Services line only to be told go to to the Port Adventures - don't want to do that again. Gingerbread house is really the only thing I want to sign up for...

So, just to be clear, that is where you sign up for the Gingerbread house? Last time I went to sign up for something (Can't remember what) I waited in Guest Services line only to be told go to to the Port Adventures - don't want to do that again. Gingerbread house is really the only thing I want to sign up for...
Correct. The Port Adventures Desk is where we signed up for the gingerbread house last December.

I have done several merrytime cruises. The gingerbread house making was at terrible times on our last sailing. I believe it was on two different mornings but at like 8:30 am... which is too early for me even with kids because we stay up late on vacation!

I think Merrytime activities are a bit depending on the ship, but herewith the info for the Fantasy (I got off last Saturday)
On top of this, all the princess had a little Christmas accesorie and Belle was in her Christmas dress
Day 1:at the terminal christmas sweaters Minnie and Mickey+ characters alternated between sailors and Christmas outfits that night, for Minnie and Mickey it was the formal Christmas ones (the plaids)+ Tree lighting with Minnie/Mickey/Goofy/Pluto
Day 2: formal night but twice Santas winterwonderball. Minnie, Mickey, Donald, Daisy, Pluto and Goofy are in it in their casual Christmas clothes and walk around for hugs and high 5s but dont stop for photos (unless you snap a candid of course)
Day 3: Christmas deck party with Minnie, Mickey, Pluto, Goofy, chipmunks and Stitch in their Christmas tropicals+ at night all the characters in their christmas casuals (so for mice the sweaters, not the plaids)+ Season of light: a show about holidaycelebrations around the world with all the characters. They don't wear Christmas outfits but wear country specific clothes. They have a VERY short meet and greet moment (I could see Mickey and chipmunks and that was with standing where Mickey was gonna stand before the line was officially formed). The show is only performed once so think of a gameplan
Day 4: Santa in the morning, cruise outfits at night
Day 5: Pirate night
Day 6: Santa in the morning, character dance party with the characters in Christmas tropicals, storytime with Mrs Claus in the afternoon( included Minnie, Mickey, Donald, Daisy, Goofy and Pluto in their christmas casuals doing a meet and greet moment, I would say 15-20 min long, I was able to see all except Pluto), at night it is semi-formal but Minnie and Mickey change their formal outfit for the Christmas plaids
Day 7: Santa in the morning in atrium, regular beach wear on Castaway Cay, Mickey and friends in the afternoon in sailor outfits and See you real soon at night in Christmas casuals. See you real soon has Christmas carrolers and is a different Christmas version

On Fantasy 11/18/17, gingerbread houses were never listed in the Navigator. I want to guest services after boarding and received 1 ticket per stateroom (1 house per room, not person). ours was a 830am on a sea day, I was not given a choice for a time but it worked out for us

On Fantasy 11/18/17, gingerbread houses were never listed in the Navigator. I want to guest services after boarding and received 1 ticket per stateroom (1 house per room, not person). ours was a 830am on a sea day, I was not given a choice for a time but it worked out for us
Ours wasn't advertised neither and heard GR got quite some complaints from people who saw others walking around with it.
I had no interest (solo adult traveller) so I didn't care but for the 'average' family that is not on all the boards and groups I can imagine the disappointment.

The last time I went on a MerryTime cruise a couple of years ago (on one of the classic ships), carolers randomly popped up walking around the hallways (not where the rooms are.) They had such lovely voices and it was so magical! Really put me in the Christmas spirit

On our Merrytime last year there were also free holiday crafts. We went to one where we made Olaf ornaments.

On the fantasy 11/11 sailing this year, we got gingerbread tickets at guest services on our boarding day and were given an early time on our second sea day. We never got around to seeing Santa because I believe it was only 2 appearances and very long lines. Our boat was sold out so maybe that impacted things, but I was surprised as I had expected to see him often but we never did.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter