• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

MGM to Epcot?

tiggeroo42

Adult Dumbo Rider
Isn't there a boat you can take from MGM to Epcot and vice versa? How often does it run? Thanks!

Yes there is a boat from MGM - Epcot and back, stopping at BW, Y&BC, Swan/Dolphin on the way. We timed it and it's just as fast as walking, but gives your feet a rest. Not sure how often they run, though.

They run approx every 10-20 minutes, depending on the time of day. The total trip time is about 25 minutes, and it takes you to the International Gateway of Epcot.

Thanks, guys! I didn't know about this last time. It sounds like it would be a lot more scenic than a bus ride!

I'm certain that the boats from MGM do not go directly to Epcot. The Studios boats go to the Swan/Dolphin, Boardwalk, and Beach/Yacht Clubs. You will have to get off at any one of these stops and take the boat on the other side to Epcot. Each hotel boat stop has two sides which are marked either Epcot or Studios.

Originally posted by wdwgoofeeee
I'm certain that the boats from MGM do not go directly to Epcot. The Studios boats go to the Swan/Dolphin, Boardwalk, and Beach/Yacht Clubs. You will have to get off at any one of these stops and take the boat on the other side to Epcot. Each hotel boat stop has two sides which are marked either Epcot or Studios.

They do.

As they drop off for Studios, they pick up for Epcot. And vice versa.

Thanks for the correction. I thought they just went back and forth from the Studios and hotels and the Epcot boats did similar. I had no idea that they went all the way through. Good to know to save aching feet!!!!!!!!

It can be a long ride if you are going from mgm to epcot with all of the stops in between.

it goes mgm -> swan/dolphin -> y/b -> bw -> epcot

you will find it quicker to get off at the y/b and just walk over to the international gateway then to ride the rest of the way. (or even get off at s/d and walk along the boardwalk to pick up something at the sweetshop or bakery along the way :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter